Season Awards

• 26 replies
Re: Season Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2008, 07:49:30 PM »
quick question out of all the players on the team who gets doubled the most and why?

No doubt its Justin. Take into consideration more post players get doubled than guards(especially with so much zone played in college) and Justin's handle isn't one of his strong suits so why not double him and force TO's. I love Justin though and I can't wait to see him next year. I think he can improve upon all his areas of weakness and make them strengths. I also think he has good people around him to help him accomplish that.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2008, 08:43:21 PM »
how did wright improve more than evans and horne?

from his freshman year to his sophomore year Wright improved a lot.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2008, 08:50:14 PM »
quick question out of all the players on the team who gets doubled the most and why?

quick answer...Justin!  Why?  Because he's the man!

I put him as the most frustrating player because of why he struggled at times.  He needs to make his move as soon as he gets the ball or pass it as soon as the double team commits.  Its going to be fun watching Justin next year though...he's a hell of a player.

When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2008, 12:24:34 AM »
I might jack my answers for the blog, too, JJ.

Most Valuable Player: Tough question.  Mason, I guess-- as he went, St. John's went.  In conference play the team was most competitive when he was scoring.
Most Improved Player: Sean Evans.  He's doing different things than he was doing at the beginning of conference season.
Most Frustrating Player: Shared - Tomas (just stay on the ground and keep your hands up!), Justin (the turnovers), Geno, Mike Cavataio (if he just hit a shot, he'd be on the floor more.  I believe that)
Favorite Player: Shared - Larry Wright, Malik Boothe (ROSEDALE)
Player with Most Hustle: Shared - Malik, Tomas, Mike Cavataio
Most Clutch Player: Wright.  Like Keyshawn wrote, give him the damn ball!
Best Defender: DJ Kennedy
Best Dunk of the Year: Mase vs G'Town, though he put down some filthy dunks late in the year.  Then he missed those dunks at ND.
Best Shot of the Year: Larry Wright (or was that Mase?) to go ahead in the Seton Hall game
Best Spark off the Bench: Paris Horne
Player you look forward to seeing the most next season: Rob Thomas.  This team needs another post player who can score a damned lick.

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2008, 01:12:28 AM »
awesome peter perhaps we can tally up everyone's votes for the blog

also I didn't get to see the Gtown game I'm assuming that was the alley ooop to open up the 2nd half. It sounded awesome on the radio the little dots on stat tracker got up the rim too.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2008, 11:57:52 AM »
Most Valuable Player: Mason
Most Improved Player: Evans
Most Frustrating Player: Lawrence
Favorite Player: Boothe
Player with Most Hustle: Kennedy
Most Clutch Player: Mason
Best Defender: Boothe
Best Dunk of the Year: Mason
Best Shot of the Year: Lawrence
Best Spark off the Bench:Horne
Player you look forward to seeing the most next season:Boothe

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2008, 03:08:42 PM »
Most Valuable Player:  Mase Jr.
Most Improved Player: Paris Horne (from the start of the season) LW (season over season)
Most Frustrating Player: Larry Wright - wish he played with the same calm intensity he does with 1 minute left in the game
Favorite Player: Boothe
Player with Most Hustle:  DJ Kennedy/Boothe
Most Clutch Player:  Larry Wright
Best Defender: Horne
Best Dunk of the Year: Mase v Duke
Best Shot of the Year: Burrell from 15ft facing the basket.  (or Geno's big time 3 against PC)
Best Spark off the Bench: Boothe
Player you look forward to seeing the most next season:  JB