Moe and the 2012 Draft

• 982 replies
Re: Moe and the 2012 Draft
« Reply #340 on: March 18, 2012, 07:12:35 PM »
My spelling is horrible "attention" Not intention. Smh

Poison

« Reply #341 on: March 18, 2012, 07:16:50 PM »
Funniest thing is, all concerns on this board, email, twitter, and speaking to various general managers and college coaches other then jim boheim were all taken into account.  Id like to thank everybody for your wishes and dialogue that was seriously brought to moe and lavin and others intention.

The decision announced tomorrow will make alot more sense when you hear it tomorrow lol 

But seriously dont think every option wasnt factored. Im a little smarter then most think. Thats what dumb people say though right lol.  Anyway, have a good one ya.  Dave hit me up!

What does Jim Boeheim know about getting players to the league?

« Reply #342 on: March 18, 2012, 07:20:05 PM »
Hes got a few... Lol i think johnny flynn, carmelo, warrick, and of course plenty of others. Hes just not a pleasant guy to reccomend a player to. I think seriously its because i didnt like bernie fine..

boo3

« Reply #343 on: March 18, 2012, 07:22:13 PM »
 I guess Lenn Robbins is a genius after all....  ;)

« Reply #344 on: March 18, 2012, 07:25:15 PM »
Hes got a few... Lol i think johnny flynn, carmelo, warrick, and of course plenty of others. Hes just not a pleasant guy to reccomend a player to. I think seriously its because i didnt like bernie fine..

Good instincts

« Reply #345 on: March 18, 2012, 07:27:09 PM »
When is Moe's younger brother going to eligible to come to SJU ? lol

« Reply #346 on: March 18, 2012, 07:28:49 PM »

Good instincts

Very good instincts!  Good luck to Moe and thanks to Nate for all his help with all things St. John's

I think we'll have another 1st rounder next year, then the year after, and the year after....

boo3

« Reply #347 on: March 18, 2012, 07:33:41 PM »
 Lavin had Phil Greene in to the CBS studio today also...fyi.   Hope he's not going pro also!  ;)

« Reply #348 on: March 18, 2012, 07:38:24 PM »
If it's true that Moe Harkless is leaving for the draft, I'd first like to thank him for coming to St. John's and giving us his all this season.  I'd also like to wish him all the luck in the world and I hope he becomes an absolute star at the next level.

Moose

« Reply #349 on: March 18, 2012, 07:49:08 PM »
Remember Moe opened the gates for the rest.  He started it.
Remember who broke the Slice news

crgreen

« Reply #350 on: March 18, 2012, 07:56:41 PM »
The sanity exhibited by the vast majority of SJ posters simply continues to blow my mind.....

MCNPA

« Reply #351 on: March 18, 2012, 07:57:13 PM »
Funniest thing is, all concerns on this board, email, twitter, and speaking to various general managers and college coaches other then jim boheim were all taken into account.  Id like to thank everybody for your wishes and dialogue that was seriously brought to moe and lavin and others intention.

The decision announced tomorrow will make alot more sense when you hear it tomorrow lol 

But seriously dont think every option wasnt factored. Im a little smarter then most think. Thats what dumb people say though right lol.  Anyway, have a good one ya.  Dave hit me up!

Good to hear from you.  Whatever Moe decides, SJU fans are behind him 100%  Everybody has opinions.  Don't take any on this board too seriously. It's a forum for opinions. We are SJU fans and would love to see Moe stay but all of us want to see Moe succeed in the NBA.   Main message is thwt we all love SJU and want to see Moe succeed.  Best of luck to the young man.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 07:59:08 PM by MCNPA »

« Reply #352 on: March 18, 2012, 07:59:00 PM »

Good to hear from you.  Whatever Moe decides, SJU fans are behind him 100%  Everybody has opinions.  Don't take any on this board too seriously. It's a forum for opinions. We are SJU fans and would love to see Moe stay but all of us want to see Moe succeed in the NBA.   Main message is thwt we all love SJU and want to see Moe succeed.  Best of luck.

Agree 100%.

Poison

« Reply #353 on: March 18, 2012, 08:01:07 PM »

What I'm suggesting is that Harkless would be wise to listen to someone who has put more players in the league than anyone who is advising him to leave. These leaches are clearly only out for themselves and have NEVER done right by any SJ player in regards to leaving early.

I don't understand why you'd even bring up Bernie Fine? He is irrelevant in this discussion. It makes just as much sense to bring up Abe Keita, Grady Reynolds and Elijah Ingram. Boeheim was trying to help Harkless. I wish Moe success, but he should have listened to Boeheim.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 08:09:47 PM by Poison »

« Reply #354 on: March 18, 2012, 08:03:21 PM »
The times they are achangin.

Nowadays this is good for SJU's reputation among stellar recruits.

Not so certain it will be all that good for Moe.

Nonetheless we are all grateful to him for a job well done under trying conditions.

Good luck Moe!

Poison

« Reply #355 on: March 18, 2012, 08:04:46 PM »

That is 100% true, but why risk your entire career? What he saw in Lexington this year he'll see in the league. I saw nothing that tells me he's ready. He's a promising freshman. The NBA is insane.

« Reply #356 on: March 18, 2012, 08:05:22 PM »
If it's true that Moe Harkless is leaving for the draft, I'd first like to thank him for coming to St. John's and giving us his all this season.  I'd also like to wish him all the luck in the world and I hope he becomes an absolute star at the next level.

My thoughts exactly.  I'm disappointed we won't get to see him in a St. Johns uniform again but wish him all the best.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

desco80

« Reply #357 on: March 18, 2012, 08:09:23 PM »

Good to hear from you.  Whatever Moe decides, SJU fans are behind him 100%  Everybody has opinions.  Don't take any on this board too seriously. It's a forum for opinions. We are SJU fans and would love to see Moe stay but all of us want to see Moe succeed in the NBA.   Main message is thwt we all love SJU and want to see Moe succeed.  Best of luck to the young man.

Great post.  +100    Couldn't agree more, great message to give.

desco80

« Reply #358 on: March 18, 2012, 08:17:10 PM »

That is 100% true, but why risk your entire career? What he saw in Lexington this year he'll see in the league. I saw nothing that tells me he's ready. He's a promising freshman. The NBA is insane.

He's not risking his NBA career.   I understand your logic - that a high pick leads to more job security and more patience from the front office.  You're right about that.
But the bottom line is guys like Omar and Barkley, and other early entries didn't not make it in the NBA because they left early... they didn't make it because they weren't good enough.   As much as I like them, let's call a spade a spade here.   
You might have a longer leash and more cushion if you're a high pick; but coming out early doesn't ruin careers.   If you have the talent you'll find your place in the league. 

Poison

« Reply #359 on: March 18, 2012, 08:22:45 PM »

He's not risking his NBA career.   I understand your logic - that a high pick leads to more job security and more patience from the front office.  You're right about that.
But the bottom line is guys like Omar and Barkley, and other early entries didn't not make it in the NBA because they left
early... they didn't make it because they weren't good enough.   As much as I like them, let's call a spade a spade here.   
You might have a longer leash and more cushion if you're a high pick; but coming out early doesn't ruin careers.   If you have the talent you'll find your place in the league. 

He's got talent, but no way does he have more talent than Omar Cook does.