Philip Nolan - C - Riverside Univeristy HS - Milwaukee, WI - UCONN

• 196 replies

Moose

Re: Philip Nolan - C - Riverside Univeristy HS - Milwaukee, WI - UCONN
« Reply #140 on: May 03, 2012, 04:29:05 PM »
We still NEED another big.

Yeah, his name is Michael Chandler.  He wants to be here.  Provided the idiots in Indy clear him.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Chilleb

« Reply #141 on: May 03, 2012, 04:34:32 PM »

Yeah, his name is Michael Chandler.  He wants to be here.  Provided the idiots in Indy clear him.
The more I think about it I still believe Chris O is headed for stj, Felix is his best friend and they are inseparable. Felix's LOI is signed im sure this is weighing heavy on Chris's mind and at the same time if his mind was so made up why hasn't he just committed to cincy already? Obekpa an chandler would be epic

paultzman

« Reply #142 on: May 03, 2012, 04:42:08 PM »

The more I think about it I still believe Chris O is headed for stj, Felix is his best friend and they are inseparable. Felix's LOI is signed im sure this is weighing heavy on Chris's mind and at the same time if his mind was so made up why hasn't he just committed to cincy already? Obekpa an chandler would be epic

Love your spirit Chille, but I just don't see it. Would love it, but..... If wrong, dinner on me!

Moose

« Reply #143 on: May 03, 2012, 04:42:15 PM »

I wish you were right.  But from all I've heard and a number of others, its not happening.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Chilleb

« Reply #144 on: May 03, 2012, 04:44:57 PM »

Love your spirit Chille, but I just don't see it. Would love it, but..... If wrong, dinner on me!
Lol, gotta play the slow music sometimes. Otherwise we'd have nuthing but pessimism and percussion.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 04:46:20 PM by Chilleb »

Chilleb

« Reply #145 on: May 03, 2012, 04:45:44 PM »

I wish you were right.  But from all I've heard and a number of others, its not happening.
Granted, but then why no bullets in the chamber? What's he waiting for?

paultzman

« Reply #146 on: May 03, 2012, 04:47:25 PM »
Kevin Ollie seen giving Nolan a haircut at JFK last Sunday!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 05:33:39 PM by paultzman »

DFF6

« Reply #147 on: May 03, 2012, 05:01:30 PM »
Still love our class, but losing Nolan obviously puts us in a percarious situation to land that elusive big.  Unless Chille's gut is right about Obekpa, Chandler's fate is out of our hands (for now).  If Chandler falls to qualify, agree with the sentiment that we should not waste a ship on a poor big substitute (Raffington), and hope Sanchez/GG can adequately fill the 4/5 spot.

« Reply #148 on: May 03, 2012, 05:36:46 PM »
21st ranked center, we have been holding one schollie for Chandler, we probably asked him to wait
and see if he doesn't qualify or go to prep for a year.  Honestly, we have bigger fish to fry, keep
in mind , Dele was ranked higher if I remember correctly.

paultzman

« Reply #149 on: May 03, 2012, 06:16:33 PM »
From Hartford Courant, Guess HS coach not in the decision process. Shady!

“@AmoreCourant: spoke to Phillip Nolan's high school coach Tyrone Lewis. "it was a shock to me. I didn't know UConn was in the picture." #UConnmen”

« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 06:18:09 PM by paultzman »

mkras99

« Reply #150 on: May 03, 2012, 06:18:15 PM »
Crazy.

Chilleb

« Reply #151 on: May 03, 2012, 06:24:23 PM »
From Hartford Courant, Guess HS coach not in the decision process. Shady!

“@AmoreCourant: spoke to Phillip Nolan's high school coach Tyrone Lewis. "it was a shock to me. I didn't know UConn was in the picture." #UConnmen”
??? This is perplexing

ras

« Reply #152 on: May 03, 2012, 06:39:51 PM »
I dont know how Calhoun does it. Gets the Centers to sign late in the season that knowbody knows hes even recruiting.

paultzman

« Reply #153 on: May 03, 2012, 06:41:01 PM »
“@AmoreCourant: just spoke to phillip nolan: "I see uconn as a great opportunity. if I work hard, there are minute available" #UConnmen”

Guess he intended to play and not prep all along.

Gumby

« Reply #154 on: May 03, 2012, 06:49:14 PM »
So his HS coach was shocked as well! Interesting, especially as Ucon was involved.

paultzman

« Reply #155 on: May 03, 2012, 06:50:24 PM »
Nolan notes UConn edging out SJU

“@AdamZagoria: Phil Nolan to #UConn (UPDATED) http://t.co/mdwlAI3U
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 06:51:58 PM by paultzman »

Poison

« Reply #156 on: May 03, 2012, 07:06:22 PM »
I dont know how Calhoun does it. Gets the Centers to sign late in the season that knowbody knows hes even recruiting.

He pays them. A lot.

DFF6

« Reply #157 on: May 03, 2012, 07:13:02 PM »
Much as I hate Uconn, it sounds like Nolan was driven by who could guarantee him the most minutes, and Calhoun made him an offer he couldn't refuse.  Of course, I wouldn't trust Calhoun as far as I could throw him, but Nolan apparently bought in.  Wish him well.

paultzman

« Reply #158 on: May 03, 2012, 07:20:27 PM »
Bizarro land!

“@KevinRDuffy: Phil Nolan said he's never met Calhoun or Kevin Ollie. Will meet them for first time when he visits campus Sunday.”

« Reply #159 on: May 03, 2012, 07:21:58 PM »
one of the craziest recruiting things I've heard