Is St.Johns Eligible for the CBI???

• 7 replies
Is St.Johns Eligible for the CBI???
« on: March 10, 2008, 08:40:41 PM »
I am kind desperate to see our young team get more experience so does anyone know if we are eligible to play in the CBI (College Basketball Invitational)

It is in it first year & it Competes with the NIT, which we are not eligible for , do to our poor record

CBI  starts next week & We may not be the big name we used to be, but we can still draw attention for the tournament since our team plays in the media capital of the world

Are we an option ???

Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

Randomhero423

Re: Is St.Johns Eligible for the CBI???
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 08:42:05 PM »
they are probably looking for teams with records over .500  :(

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 08:57:49 PM »
I see nothing definite about record so I will stay optimistic & say we got a chance ::)
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 09:31:06 PM »
any post season play is a plus at this rate but I think there would be so many teams chosen ahead of us. I don't think Seton Hall is making the NIT and they'd get the nod over us probably Depaul and Cincy too.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 03:02:35 AM »
it would be a joke tournament if they took us.

sjd8886

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 02:47:04 AM »
it would be a joke tournament if they took us.

hmmm, lets take a look:

record: 11-19 (5-13)
rpi: 153
SOS: 23
Best win: ummm, cinci???
worst loss: ohh my, i can't just pick one, this was a league effort towards st johns...alright alright, gtown

We may get a pity bid bc we are New Yorks team...or is that Syracuse now

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 12:41:26 PM »
This tourney would sooner take Lincoln HS