Top 10 giants on the recruiting trail

• 35 replies

Moose

Top 10 giants on the recruiting trail
« on: June 07, 2012, 02:36:47 PM »
From Dave Telep

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/basketball/mens/story/_/id/8020150/ten-scariest-programs-recruit-against

1. Kentucky
2. UNC
3. Duke
4. Kansas
5. Florida
6. Texas
7. Baylor
8. Arizona
9. UCLA
10. Syracuse

Knocking on the door- Indiana, Ohio State, Louisville

In three years it could happen here- North Carolina St, UNLV
Remember who broke the Slice news

Tha Kid

Re: Top 10 giants on the recruiting trail
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 02:39:19 PM »
Good --- let them underrate Steve Lavin and St. John's and see what happens!
"I drink and I know things"

derk

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 02:39:56 PM »
From Dave Telep

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/basketball/mens/story/_/id/8020150/ten-scariest-programs-recruit-against

1. Kentucky
2. UNC
3. Duke
4. Kansas
5. Florida
6. Texas
7. Baylor
8. Arizona
9. UCLA
10. Syracuse

Knocking on the door- Indiana, Ohio State, Louisville

In three years it could happen here- North Carolina St, UNLV

Ok we're not Knocking on the door but in 3 years ? Come on !

Moose

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 02:44:38 PM »
Notice no basketball only schools.

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 03:02:33 PM »

No kidding. NIce recruiting tool is bringing the recruit to a football game, huge advantage imo. Offtopic I know but when you think of Homecoming, usually it centers around a football game. This is just a guess, but im thinking campus life is a helluva different with football. Iona has since canceled football, as has St Johns- but what goes on at Homecoming now?

Moose

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 03:03:56 PM »

No kidding. NIce recruiting tool is bringing the recruit to a football game, huge advantage imo. Offtopic I know but when you think of Homecoming, usually it centers around a football game. This is just a guess, but im thinking campus life is a helluva different with football. Iona has since canceled football, as has St Johns- but what goes on at Homecoming now?

Sex, drugs and rock and roll?

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 03:05:50 PM »

All are better with football. The players usually get the best narcotics, and they have Tight ends

derk

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 03:07:55 PM »

Do you think that's the reason for no G'Town or us. ?

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 03:23:46 PM »
We dont deserve to be on the top 10 right now but there is 100% no way NC ST and UNLV should be considered giants over us and even other big east schools. All irrelevant because I know what Steve Lavin brings to the table and feel confident that he can get the players we want

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 03:29:35 PM »
We dont deserve to be on the top 10 right now but there is 100% no way NC ST and UNLV should be considered giants over us and even other big east schools. All irrelevant because I know what Steve Lavin brings to the table and feel confident that he can get the players we want

At what point does campus and student body trump the coach though?

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 03:30:35 PM »
UNLV is cleaning up yo.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 03:32:28 PM »

I have no idea what the UNLV campus and student body are like. But if thats the case wouldn't you have to factor NYC/MSG?

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 03:37:40 PM »

I have no idea what the UNLV campus and student body are like. But if thats the case wouldn't you have to factor NYC/MSG?

I think we overrate MSG.

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2012, 03:46:58 PM »
I lose respect for Telep for not even including us in the 3 years from now category.

Chilleb

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2012, 03:48:26 PM »
Guys relax these are the same guys that had now ranked 47th last year. I'm not holding stock in any of this

Moose

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2012, 03:49:53 PM »

All are better with football. The players usually get the best narcotics, and they have Tight ends

I think you meant they GET tight ends.  They might have them but not my cup of tea. :)

Moose

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2012, 03:50:35 PM »

UNLV when winning has a pretty crazy atmosphere.

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2012, 04:09:09 PM »

I think we overrate MSG.

If you're a top player wouldn't it be extremely attractive to you to play your home games there? It would be to me

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2012, 04:11:27 PM »
Guys relax these are the same guys that had now ranked 47th last year. I'm not holding stock in any of this

I'm not mad about it or anything just disagree with his opinion but of course i'm biased

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2012, 04:11:38 PM »

I think we overrate MSG.

If you're a top player wouldn't it be extremely attractive to you to play your home games there? It would be to me

If youre a top player, you probably already played there a few times already. If not, youve played in bigger,better places. Plus our student body fanbase cant compare to that top 10
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 04:12:08 PM by Marco Baldi »