Storms Over: where we go from here

• 6 replies

kjd01067

Storms Over: where we go from here
« on: March 12, 2008, 04:49:28 PM »
http://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=785161

Now to the bigger picture. Fans have been calling for Coach Norm Roberts head all season. Granted this is New York City and winning is the only thing fans are looking for. As it stands now, the Storm hasn't signed anyone for next season, much to the chagrin of many. However, if you ask me, adding another young guy is not what they need. While Kevin Jones, Mookie Jones or Sylven Landesberg would have been good additions, that might not have worked much. I think the Red Storm should go the junior college route and find a guy with some college experience to come in make the transition easier for the younger guys. I really think that would be the best bet. Another young guy would only make the learning curve a little longer.

Randomhero423

Re: Storms Over: where we go from here
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 07:09:44 PM »
there aren't any good juco's that are better than syl, kevin or mookie..

kjd01067

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 09:38:40 AM »
I think the point the writer was making is that we have to much youth and what we need is a battled tested player(s) that can walk in from day 1 and contributed on a nightly basis.  At this point im not picky I just want the best player available but I dont disagree with the strategy of going the JUCO route.  As we have seen from this past season, all our players especially the freshman are hot one night and ice cold the next.  We need a guy that can come in and score 10 pts night in and night out.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 02:07:06 PM »
what else did the article say?  you can pm me if you don't want to paste it all up here.

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 03:29:48 PM »
all the juco difference makers are gone.  mase jr will be a senior...so will tomas.  wright will be a junior.   rob thomas will be 23.  we don't need any more warm bodies filling out the roster.

where do we go from here?  we sit out another season that'll be pretty much like this one.  then if norm lands one decent recruit for '10, we listen to the mantra that he needs more time.

the program died when FH took it over.  the final shovel came when it hired norm.

why do i keep watching?  the same reason the abusee stays with the abuser.  who knows?

kjd01067

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 10:02:09 PM »
what else did the article say?  you can pm me if you don't want to paste it all up here.

Yea im PMed you the article.  I have been yelled at for posting the whole article so i would rather do it that way so no one gets upset.

sjd8886

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 07:17:13 PM »
all the juco difference makers are gone.  mase jr will be a senior...so will tomas.  wright will be a junior.   rob thomas will be 23.  we don't need any more warm bodies filling out the roster.

where do we go from here?  we sit out another season that'll be pretty much like this one.  then if norm lands one decent recruit for '10, we listen to the mantra that he needs more time.

the program died when FH took it over.  the final shovel came when it hired norm.

why do i keep watching?  the same reason the abusee stays with the abuser.  who knows?

you stay for the same reason we all do...deep down inside, you know its possible for this team to come back and be a top 25 team...and 5 or 10 years down the line if we are, it'll kill you that you quit on st johns