Justin Burrell

• 25 replies

Moose

Justin Burrell
« on: June 24, 2012, 07:57:50 PM »
Not sure where to put this and wasn't looking thru more than 2 pages of threads.

Justin is out in Oakland for a 2nd time in the last two weeks to work out for the Warriors.
Remember who broke the Slice news

crgreen

Re: Justin Burrell
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 08:18:18 PM »
Not sure where to put this and wasn't looking thru more than 2 pages of threads.

Justin is out in Oakland for a 2nd time in the last two weeks to work out for the Warriors.

Oh, perfect.  If some of these mock drafts are right, Justin makes a camp, and has to battle Moe for a spot!

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 08:39:54 PM »

Oh, perfect.  If some of these mock drafts are right, Justin makes a camp, and has to battle Moe for a spot!
Mo if as expected is a first round draft pick I believe his contract is guaranteed so JB would probably be battling someone else for a spot. Was the 15 man roster just for last year because of condensed schedule?

crgreen

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 08:51:08 PM »

Mo if as expected is a first round draft pick I believe his contract is guaranteed so JB would probably be battling someone else for a spot. Was the 15 man roster just for last year because of condensed schedule?

I didn't mean one spot for EITHER Justin or Moe - just that Justin would have to shine while matched up with Moe (at the same position).

Okay - SF makes sperfect sense for Justin to be getting a 2nd look.    St. John's alum as head coach.   Lavin player as GM.   Former GM St. Johns Alum.  Justin's college position coach a former SF Assistant Coach (Rico).   Gotta figure Steve made a couple phone calls!  :)

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 10:20:46 PM »
1st round picks are guaranteed contracts, not roster spots. 1st round picks could play in NBADL the entire season
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Chilleb

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 12:44:36 AM »
1st round picks are guaranteed contracts, not roster spots. 1st round picks could play in NBADL the entire season
Like the Morris twin

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 01:31:28 AM »
Like the Morris twin

The same Morris twins who buried who could be the #2 pick in this draft on the bench. Yikes NBA is awful evaluators.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 08:36:45 AM »

I didn't mean one spot for EITHER Justin or Moe - just that Justin would have to shine while matched up with Moe (at the same position).

Okay - SF makes sperfect sense for Justin to be getting a 2nd look.    St. John's alum as head coach.   Lavin player as GM.   Former GM St. Johns Alum.  Justin's college position coach a former SF Assistant Coach (Rico).   Gotta figure Steve made a couple phone calls!  :)
i agree.  that's a great thing all around.

Moose

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 08:38:54 AM »
To add I mentioned it in the Orlando thread but I saw Justin (and Paris) at Nike Pro City last week in the game Kyrie Irvin, Charlie V, Yadda Gaines and others played and they both looked very good.  Had the chance to talk to JB for a bit.  He really is a great dude.  Asked him how GS went and wished him the best.  Real great representation of STJ he is.  I don't see why he couldn't be a 12-15 roster guy on an NBA roster and hope in fact that might be the case.

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 12:59:48 PM »
I think Burrell is the same type of player as Brandon Bass.

Tha Kid

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 04:29:36 PM »
Red2395 --- as a Celtic fan, I Love Brandon Bass, but he is undersized.  Justin, if he can develop the confidence in his offensive game like Brandon has, has the athletic gifts to be even better than Bass.  I'm not saying Justin will be, but he truly does have the potential to be, IMO.  I would not be surprised at all to see JB finally realize his full potential at some point...he's only scratched the surface thus far, IMO.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 04:38:06 PM »
Comparing the two-JB stronger and more powerful but BB has more dexterity and pliability.

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 05:36:36 PM »
Comparing the two-JB stronger and more powerful but BB has more dexterity and pliability.

I agree.

I made the compasison because I see no reason why JB can not be a solid NBA player.

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2012, 05:56:10 PM »
JB always had had an NBA body, he just never realized his potential at St. John's. Once he reaches it, there will be a spot for him in the league.

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2012, 07:27:28 PM »
 :up: Agreed :uglystupid2:
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 07:27:42 PM by illscalpya4000 »

Moose

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2012, 12:43:20 PM »

paultzman

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2012, 12:47:16 PM »
So JB to the Warriors summer league team.

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120627/SPORTS/206270311

Hmm! Brandon Tierney can give us updates from SF. Moe next? Lol

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2012, 03:24:42 PM »
Good Luck Justin.

paultzman

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2012, 09:27:02 AM »
“@ECoastBias: #stjbb's Justin Burrell to France this fall with Champagne Chalons Reims. http://t.co/7NRwn2ep

Poison

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2012, 10:12:24 AM »
Good for you JB. Very happy for ya. France is awesome.