Summer Recruiting Period

• 40 replies
Re: Summer Recruiting Period
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2012, 10:47:52 PM »
BTW-According to Zags Derrick Wrobel has been deputized so to speak and is a temporary replacement before SJU permanently fills Dunlap's role and is on the role down in South Carolina.

Interesting that Hicks didn't get the nod.

As DOBO I think Mo is a very busy man right now with the kids all coming/returning to campus and starting their limited practice, workout and strength and conditioning activities plus getting all the new kids acclimated to campus life.  Probably couldn't afford much time out of the office unfortunately.

Pretty sure Dobo's cannot take part in practices.  I know it sounds crazy but that was told to me by someone very much close to a big time D1 program.  Similar to Keady and his limitations.

There are limitations on the DOBO.  But isn't one of THOSE  recruiting - which would make sending Hicks out pretty much impossible, as long as he IS DOBO?

DOBO is just a meaningless title crgreen.  The restriction is not for DOBO per se it is for any "administrative" position outside of the HC and 3 main assistants.  DOBO is not an official NCAA recognized position no matter what they call it.  In other words renaming Moe Hicks' title to say "Executive Administrative Assistant" from "Director of Basketball Operations" would not change anything.  I mean some schools don't call the "4th ranking assistant" a DOBO they use another adminsitrative type name, you think that somehow allows them more rights?

Again it is just a meaningless title.  There is the HC and then the 3 main assistants.  Everyone outside of that is administrative no matter what their title is.