Tony Chiles

• 5 replies

paultzman

Tony Chiles
« on: July 16, 2012, 10:29:49 AM »
“@SIDiva8: Tony Chiles is an evaluating machine! Road warrior during that first July period for #stjbb.”

I have said it many times, but will again note TC is an extremely important and productive part of our recruiting team. Coach Lavin is most fortunate to have such a well respected, connected and hard working resource. Hope he remains with us for some time!

ras

Re: Tony Chiles
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 10:57:06 AM »
One of the many things that I like about Lavin is the staff he put together. Top notch.

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 05:10:31 PM »
He told a story when he went around to local thought leaders; who should I fill my staff with? I want a New York guy who is a great recruiter and I want to respect the local New York basketball community and hire one of their own. Coach Lavin said the name Tony Chiles kept coming up. He was successful getting kids to go to Drexel, highly respected locally and regionally.

Mo Hicks got here because he was the one who local coaches felt most deserved the opportunity. He was a winner in PSAL, CHSAA and AAU. Thus. the hiring of Mo Hicks was least offensive to those who didn't get picked.

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 05:22:04 PM »
Chiles is great and deserves alot of credit for the roster we have

MCNPA

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 09:36:46 PM »
I have to give Lavin big credit on hiring Chiles.  At the time of the hire and for some time after I was skeptical because he wasn't one of the local names I was quite as familiar with.  Everything I've heard sine then, is that he's a monster on the recruiting trail and invaluable to Lavin and sju.  Lavin really had his ear to the ground when hiring Chiles and it paid off. 

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 09:48:44 PM »
I have to give Lavin big credit on hiring Chiles.  At the time of the hire and for some time after I was skeptical because he wasn't one of the local names I was quite as familiar with.  Everything I've heard sine then, is that he's a monster on the recruiting trail and invaluable to Lavin and sju.  Lavin really had his ear to the ground when hiring Chiles and it paid off. 

Chiles must have done great in his interview ;)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 09:49:26 PM by Marco Baldi »