Midnight Madness

• 252 replies

paultzman

Re: Midnight Madness
« Reply #140 on: October 11, 2012, 02:21:48 PM »

Chileb should be happy  Jon Severe is coming to midnight madness as well.

But in the B seats.  ;)

Chilleb

« Reply #141 on: October 11, 2012, 02:23:24 PM »

That just proves that MM means nothing when a kid were not even after is coming to our MM haha
ok, but in retrospect do we feel that same way when recruits we have our eyes on attend other events over ours or do we feel a bit slighted?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 02:23:42 PM by Chilleb »

Chilleb

« Reply #142 on: October 11, 2012, 02:25:10 PM »

But in the B seats.  ;)
lav will make his way down there during intermission serenade him for 5 minutes, offer and we will see a commitment before the event is over.. HA! :coolsmiley:

Happy

« Reply #143 on: October 11, 2012, 02:33:49 PM »

That just proves that MM means nothing when a kid were not even after is coming to our MM haha

Exactly!!!   fwiw i heard Govan loves us  :)

paultzman

« Reply #144 on: October 11, 2012, 02:45:02 PM »

Exactly!!!   fwiw i heard Govan loves us  :)
Yup!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 02:45:18 PM by paultzman »

Moose

« Reply #145 on: October 11, 2012, 02:50:25 PM »

ok, but in retrospect do we feel that same way when recruits we have our eyes on attend other events over ours or do we feel a bit slighted?

I personally don't.  I think our buddy Isaiah Lewis attended the past 2 yrs.  We know how worthless that is haha.

I'm not alarmed with anyone going elsewhere.  Frankly if you live in the area you can come to games, practices, etc... Go away to Kentucky or wherever for the free trip. (If eligible for official visit of course)
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #146 on: October 11, 2012, 02:59:27 PM »

I personally don't.  I think our buddy Isaiah Lewis attended the past 2 yrs.  We know how worthless that is haha.

I'm not alarmed with anyone going elsewhere.  Frankly if you live in the area you can come to games, practices, etc... Go away to Kentucky or wherever for the free trip. (If eligible for official visit of course)

Agree! Big part of MM, as you noted before, is throwing a bone or two to local AAU programs. Lavin, IMO, is a pro at cultivating & sustaining relationships.

« Reply #147 on: October 11, 2012, 03:09:20 PM »
no longer worried if a local kid wants to come, Lav will get an equal player or better from outside the metro area (see our current roster)

Chilleb

« Reply #148 on: October 11, 2012, 03:45:30 PM »

Agree! Big part of MM, as you noted before, is throwing a bone or two to local AAU programs. Lavin, IMO, is a pro at cultivating & sustaining relationships.

Ok fair enough, def agree with building and sustaining relationships. Good call guys

paultzman

« Reply #149 on: October 11, 2012, 04:20:57 PM »
Moose's favorite guy and a former SJU recruit, two beauts!

“@AdamZagoria: PGs Jevon Thomas and Isaiah Lewis and SG Jerron Wilbut will also visit Seton Hall this weekend, they and their coaches tell @SNYtv”

paultzman

« Reply #150 on: October 11, 2012, 04:38:25 PM »
“@NYPost_Brazille: Christ the King's Jon Severe, Adonis Delarosa and Andre Walker will be at St. John's Midnight Madness, per their coach. #stjbb”

paultzman

« Reply #151 on: October 11, 2012, 05:56:44 PM »
Nice summary of attendees inclusive of class, position, height, etc. For Chileb, Severe listed first.

“@ECoastBias: Updated w/ Touray, Walker, Severe, DeLaRosa: Red Storm Tip-Off Guest List - recruiting the future of #stjbb http://t.co/gPspTnA0

« Reply #152 on: October 11, 2012, 08:14:03 PM »
Saw Centereach, Brookville, Deer Park, etc. represented...great to see NYC/LI players so interested! I think we are the first choice now for locals as the best of both worlds staying home but being in a great program.

« Reply #153 on: October 11, 2012, 08:50:53 PM »
Tomorrow's WSJU Broadcast outside Carnesecca Arena:

Live show begins at 5pm and ends at 7pm (when doors open)

Hosts:

5:00-5:20 - John Sudolsky and Steve Inman
5:20-5:40 - Kyle Spinner and Anabelle Paul - Discussing the Women's team exclusively

5:40-6:00 - Kieran Lynch and Quinn Rochford

6:00-7:00 - Vince Ruffino and Jon Perez

During the 6:00 hour Gene Keady and DJ Kennedy will join WSJU as guests. There will also be ticket giveaways.

If you won't make it and want to listen in, head to WSJURadio.org to stream the broadcast online.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 09:15:07 PM by Redmen010 »

Happy

« Reply #154 on: October 11, 2012, 10:38:43 PM »
Might be a big time recruit coming through tomorrow :)

Chilleb

« Reply #155 on: October 11, 2012, 10:45:57 PM »
Hey happy have you seen the kid ray salnave yet? Freshman guard at Cardozo. If so what's your take?

Happy

« Reply #156 on: October 11, 2012, 10:49:08 PM »
Hey happy have you seen the kid ray salnave yet? Freshman guard at Cardozo. If so what's your take?

I haven't yet.  But if you say he is good then I'm gonna check him out.  I better act fast before he transfers out of Dozo :)

Chilleb

« Reply #157 on: October 11, 2012, 10:57:26 PM »

I haven't yet.  But if you say he is good then I'm gonna check him out.  I better act fast before he transfers out of Dozo :)
Ha! Tell me about it. But the kid is the goods. Reminds me of Chris Hampton 2.0+

Happy

« Reply #158 on: October 11, 2012, 11:03:48 PM »

Ha! Tell me about it. But the kid is the goods. Reminds me of Chris Hampton 2.0+

I will def check him out.  I'm really impressed with the talent coming out tomorrow night. 

Chilleb

« Reply #159 on: October 11, 2012, 11:06:21 PM »

I will def check him out.  I'm really impressed with the talent coming out tomorrow night.
Really like Jessie and devonte, haven't really seen the other guys play.  You?