CBSSports.com's Top 100 Players

• 47 replies
Re: CBSSports.com's Top 100 Players
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2012, 10:57:47 AM »
this team will take traction as the season progresses.

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2012, 10:58:44 AM »
You don't think it is possible that some of you overated Harrison by a tad, do you? NAH, that never happens

Moose

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2012, 11:02:02 AM »
You don't think it is possible that some of you overated Harrison by a tad, do you? NAH, that never happens

Avoiding the fact you have been his biggest critic since last year........

The top 3 returning scorers in the BE should be on this list.  Council is.  But Harrison and Melvin are not.  And both are better than Council who checks in at 59.

If you don't think one of the top 3 scorers in the BE is not one of the Top 100 players in college basketball (aka nothing to do with playing for pay in the future and drafts), then frankly I don't know what else to say other than he must have ran over your dog.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2012, 11:43:15 AM »
Harrison is a good player and will be a good college player for 4 years. All this leaving for the NBA stuff is crazy. He was the 2nd best player on a team that won 13 games and only had 6 players. Why would he be listed in the top 100?

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2012, 11:46:27 AM »
Harrison is a good player and will be a good college player for 4 years. All this leaving for the NBA stuff is crazy. He was the 2nd best player on a team that won 13 games and only had 6 players. Why would he be listed in the top 100?

were there 30 freshmen better than harrison last year?  there are 22 sophs on this list and a bunch from that class went pro.

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2012, 11:50:39 AM »
This fan base is hysterical. All of our players either stink or are the best player in the country. No middle ground. Justin Burrell was the next coming of Antonio McDyess, then he stunk. GG at the beginning of the year was being mentioned with all sort of far fetched guys. When I brought up he had not played anyone yet, the board was in an uproar. Now GG will be lucky to play a minute or two according to some of you. Nuri was great, then transfered and became some sort of monster to some of you.  Which one of the new guys who struggles is going to "stink" first?
Actually my prediction is Harrison w/o a real point guard and Harkless is going to struggle this year followed by everyone declaring he stinks!

And for the record I think Harrison is good. Just not as good as the insane clown posse is making him out to be!

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2012, 11:54:13 AM »
were there 30 freshmen better than harrison last year?  there are 22 sophs on this list and a bunch from that class went pro.

Listen, I think the kid is going to be good. In fact he is already good. It is hard to judge a kid that played on a 13 win team with only two good players. I think Harrison is in for a tough year this season. He is not a point and is going to be the focal point of every defense we play.

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2012, 12:08:39 PM »

Listen, I think the kid is going to be good. In fact he is already good. It is hard to judge a kid that played on a 13 win team with only two good players. I think Harrison is in for a tough year this season. He is not a point and is going to be the focal point of every defense we play.

Come on. I don't think anyone here said he's the best player in the country. I don't really know what you don't like about him, but for me, to see him not even be mentioned on a list of the top 100 players is unbelievable. 18pts per game in the Big East as a freshman should get you on that list. Harrison was the focal point of defenses last year as well. This year we should have more scoring options which should open things up for DLo. His PPG may not greatly increase but I can guarantee you his FG% will be a lot better.

You say "this fan base is hysterical." Justin Burrell was a top 50 recruit and had a great freshman year, which fan base wouldn't highly tout him after that? And, while JB had a promising freshman year, let's not pretend he averaged 18ppg and was as good as DLo. I'm not saying it's impossible that Harrison has a down year, but from what I've observed, I think it's very unlikely.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 12:09:14 PM by redstorm212 »

Moose

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2012, 12:25:14 PM »
This fan base is hysterical. All of our players either stink or are the best player in the country. No middle ground. Justin Burrell was the next coming of Antonio McDyess, then he stunk. GG at the beginning of the year was being mentioned with all sort of far fetched guys. When I brought up he had not played anyone yet, the board was in an uproar. Now GG will be lucky to play a minute or two according to some of you. Nuri was great, then transfered and became some sort of monster to some of you.  Which one of the new guys who struggles is going to "stink" first?
Actually my prediction is Harrison w/o a real point guard and Harkless is going to struggle this year followed by everyone declaring he stinks!

And for the record I think Harrison is good. Just not as good as the insane clown posse is making him out to be!

Your part of this hysterical fan base with your continued attempts to shoot down a kid who broke the schools freshman scoring record and pretty much is the leading returner in scoring for the BE.

And wow a fan base going hot and cold on players.  What a monstrosity!  I've never once seen a fan base do such a thing.  Yankees, Mets, Giants, Jets, UCLA, Kentucky, Pick a sport, pick a team.  Should fans sit back and nod their heads quietly in approval?

If I had the time or energy I can pick apart the top 100.  I will use one example.  Otto Porter is a great player.  Will be a great one at Gtown just as Harrison.  Otto comes in the Top 20 of the rankings.  Your telling me Harrison is deservedly at least 80 ranking points lower than him?  He should be ranked in the Top 100.  End of story. 

paultzman

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2012, 01:07:16 PM »
IMO, decent evaluative piece on Harrison;

“@ECoastBias: Red Storm in Review 2011-12: D`Angelo Harrison #stjbb http://t.co/39ZPZSW9

« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2012, 01:35:19 PM »
UNREAL CBS you should lose your media license. HARRISON HARRISON!
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

crgreen

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2012, 04:37:23 PM »

My favorite Harrison stat  is that he was the #1 freshman scorer in the country among major conference competition.   He was outscored only by Kyle Vinales of Central Connecticutt State (Northeast Conf),  and Juan'ya Green of Niagra (MAAC is a NICE conference, but..c'mon).    SJU played an SOS of 46, Niagra an SOS of 177, and Central Conn. State and SOS of 222.   Not even remotely same ball park.

Poison

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2012, 07:59:10 PM »
CBS believes that a player who scores 17 ppg on a 13 win team deserves part of the blame for that outcome.
To their credit, I do think that average was inflated due to a lack of help, (so Harrison had to force offense) and due to garbage time points.

The person who made that list likely didn't see Harrison play every game. We did, and we know what he can do.

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2012, 08:56:53 PM »
this team will take traction as the season progresses.
possibly the most controversial prediction I've ever read on the site

pmg911

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2012, 07:55:01 AM »
I know for a fact that at least 2 BE head coaches have Harrison on their First team ballot for the pre-season

boo3

« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2012, 09:25:43 AM »
 The reality of the situation is that preseason rankings, for teams and individuals, means jack squat.  Show me the rankings in March.

MCNPA

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2012, 09:35:08 AM »
The reality of the situation is that preseason rankings, for teams and individuals, means jack squat.  Show me the rankings in March.

It's just the absurdity of this ranking that is baffling.

Moose

« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2012, 09:40:15 AM »

If what your saying is true then so is the 5 page thread predicting the starting lineup :)

When all that matters is not who starts the game but who finishes it ;)

boo3

« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2012, 09:49:23 AM »

If what your saying is true then so is the 5 page thread predicting the starting lineup :)

When all that matters is not who starts the game but who finishes it ;)

I agree....

ras

« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2012, 10:13:32 AM »
+1