Harkless Update from ESPN

• 130 replies
Re: Harkless Update from ESPN
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2013, 10:04:46 PM »
McLemore will be the no brainer #1 draft pick once the NCAA tournament is done.

he is about to break out on the biggest stage of all.

Moose

« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2013, 10:12:52 PM »
Nice work by Moe!   He might've fallen into the perfect situation in Orlando.   And he's only going to get better. 

And they are looking at a very high pick as well.

Say you're the Magic GM, who's your top priority in this draft if you can get him?

Mclemore ?
Smart, your point guard of the future?
Or are you rolling the dice on Noel or Len.

I'm assuming with moe and Harris and even what's his name from st Bonnie, they're probably nôt looking at the sf/pf available: porter, Bennett, Shabazz

Nelson looks shot.  I really like Len but they don't need him with Vucicic (sp).  I love Bennett but might be bigger need at point.  Depends on where they pick.
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2013, 10:30:49 PM »
“@AlexKennedyNBA: I recently described Maurice Harkless as a "franchise cornerstone" and got blasted. What do you call a 19-year-old who has 25-9-4-4?”

« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2013, 02:23:34 AM »
OKC beat writers and Scott Brooks were passing around glowing comments about Harkless. He can be a true superstar I believe.

Marillac

« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2013, 01:04:59 PM »
I'm taking McLemore.  He has a chance to be really special. Overall, I think it's a pretty weak draft class.  Not many " can't miss" prospects IMO.

I don't think he is anywhere near a #1 caliber pick at all, but this is a ridicuously weak draft--especially at the top.  I'd trade down if possible. 

MCNPA

« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2013, 01:16:43 PM »
Harkless might just be NBA rookie of the year and a real steal outside the lottery.  I'm amazed what he has done thus far.  Kid is getting better each game.  Last game he put up All Star numbers, not just rookie numbers.

Poison

« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2013, 01:18:53 PM »
Harkless might just be NBA rookie of the year and a real steal outside the lottery.  I'm amazed what he has done thus far.  Kid is getting better each game.  Last game he put up All Star numbers, not just rookie numbers.

NBA ROY? Have you been self medicating?

MCNPA

« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2013, 01:22:35 PM »

I mean if he keeps having games like the last one.  Kid almost had 30 points and 10 rebounds.  Those are excellent numbers.

« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2013, 01:24:07 PM »
Damien Lilliard.

Moose

« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2013, 01:45:27 PM »

I mean if he keeps having games like the last one.  Kid almost had 30 points and 10 rebounds.  Those are excellent numbers.

There are 12 more games or so left in the season.  Even if he dropped 30 in each of those games he has about 9 ppl above him who have scored more points as a rookie including his own teammate Nicholson.

It's Lillard's award.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2013, 02:58:36 PM »
I'm taking McLemore.  He has a chance to be really special. Overall, I think it's a pretty weak draft class.  Not many " can't miss" prospects IMO.

I don't think he is anywhere near a #1 caliber pick at all, but this is a ridicuously weak draft--especially at the top.  I'd trade down if possible. 

I love McLemore.  Someone will regret it if they pass on him at #1

Marillac

« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2013, 03:01:58 PM »

I see the potential, but I don't think he creates enough offense yet.  Sweet stroke no doubt...good size...athletic enough, but I think he's more of a Robin than a Batman until he can expand his offensive game.

« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2013, 03:02:35 PM »
A better James Harden

« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2013, 03:07:15 PM »
A better James Harden

No way! Harden is gonna be puttin up 25+ the next 5-8 years. Plus he can crest for others.

I see more of Michael redd or poor mans ray Allen.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

crgreen

« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2013, 04:06:58 PM »

In keeping with the Harkless thread - sad to think, but Ben McLemore is 4 months OLDER than Mo Harkless...What would MO have accomplished at this age in college?

paultzman

« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2013, 10:35:06 AM »
“@rumbleSBN: Did You Know: In the last month, Maurice Harkless is averaging12.3 points (49% FG) 5.3 rebounds & 2.1 steals? Well now you do. #Magic #STJBB”

« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2013, 08:28:35 AM »
What I find funny is that initially coach Lavin was touting Moes departure for the NBA as being great for the program, a feather in his cap so to speak.  Now after a disastrous season, he is lamenting, and using Moe's loss as one of the excuses for the seasons results.  I believed from the beginning that such a loss would hurt us as well.  We are not an established program yet that can absorb such losses.

« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2013, 08:38:57 AM »
What I find funny is that initially coach Lavin was touting Moes departure for the NBA as being great for the program, a feather in his cap so to speak.  Now after a disastrous season, he is lamenting, and using Moe's loss as one of the excuses for the seasons results.  I believed from the beginning that such a loss would hurt us as well.  We are not an established program yet that can absorb such losses.
Disastrous? It actually was our second best season in 9 years. Perspective.

Was lavin supposed to say pre draft that it hurts the program?  Come on

« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2013, 10:14:00 PM »
Hark with 28 on 10/18 shooting against Houston tonight. 2:16 left in the 4th.

bk8664

« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2013, 10:32:31 PM »
Hark with 28 on 10/18 shooting against Houston tonight. 2:16 left in the 4th.

If there is a re-draft right now - where would he get picked? Anthony Davis and Lilliard would most likely go 1st and 2nd, or vice versa.  Bradly Beal maybe goes ahead of him.   Would Michael Kidd Gilgrist or Dion Waiters go ahead of him? Maybe not.  He might be drafted #4 overall if a re-draft were to happen.  That's great for him and for SJU.  He definitely is our Pied Piper.