San Fran Game

• 299 replies

Moose

Re: San Fran Game
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2012, 09:33:11 PM »
They have a player shooting 70% from 3.

Like the think he's coming back to earth otherwise he'll be the best 3 pt shooter in NCAA history.
Remember who broke the Slice news

LJSA

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2012, 09:35:01 PM »
Sunny and clear skies from my window. Let's hope it stays that way for the out of towners, although I'm sure it won't. Moose got nice weather for his Chokeland Afraiders game.

What an experience that was.   Place is a dump and Raider fans have eclipsed Philly fans IMO

I saw the Jets play there a while back. I was in the upper deck with all the crazies, so I opted to leave my sweatshirt on over my green T-shirt.

Too bad you caught baseball during the off-season. A's fans are very good -- at least the ones who show up are.

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2012, 11:45:49 PM »

Like the think he's coming back to earth otherwise he'll be the best 3 pt shooter in NCAA history.

He's 13-22 from the FT line and 11 for 17 from the 3 pt line.

He also played for UCLA last season

Moose

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2012, 11:53:57 PM »

Sick Dom on him and he will come back to earth.

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2012, 12:23:29 AM »

Sick Dom on him and he will come back to earth.

Putting Dom on him will likely be De'End to his hot streak.

DFF6

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2012, 11:06:39 AM »
USF is averaging an impressive 41 rebounds a game, and 6'7 F Cole Dickerson is averaging around 15 pts and 15 rebs per game.  Would be nice to see Sampson & co. win the rebound battle tonight, as it could be the difference in the game.

kjd01067

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2012, 11:12:50 AM »
USF is averaging an impressive 41 rebounds a game, and 6'7 F Cole Dickerson is averaging around 15 pts and 15 rebs per game.  Would be nice to see Sampson & co. win the rebound battle tonight, as it could be the difference in the game.

The game is tomorrow night just for clarification

DFF6

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2012, 11:14:27 AM »

The game is tomorrow night just for clarification

Thanks! 

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2012, 11:21:01 AM »
I agree - need to step up the rebounding.
JaKarr already doing his share.
Chris O needs to learn to box out more on the defensive end.

We are being outrebounded in our non conference games
Molloy '71

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2012, 12:36:21 PM »
Yo some older peeps gotta help me out.......

San Fran was dominant back in the day wit Russell and KC Jones with two titles.

Last NBAer I remember though is Bill Cartwright but that was like 35 years ago that he play in college.

So what happened to San Fran? Why did it go from top of the world to being a mid-major or even low-major?
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2012, 12:44:09 PM »
Question of one of the player committing rape. I think they dropped the game for several years.

gman

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2012, 12:53:57 PM »

Last NBAer I remember though is Bill Cartwright but that was like 35 years ago that he play in college.

So what happened to San Fran? Why did it go from top of the world to being a mid-major or even low-major?

Also had an academic scandal and was put on probation twice by the ncaa. Program was shut down by the school for 4 years

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2012, 12:55:44 PM »

SF is 8th in the country in total reb %.  st johns is 246.  vegas might make SF the odds on favorite because of the gap (and being home)

paultzman

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2012, 01:15:48 PM »
Question of one of the player committing rape. I think they dropped the game for several years.

Quintin Dailey I believe.

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2012, 01:33:01 PM »
San Fran was also noted a few years ago for hiring Eddie Sutton as mostly a gimmick to get him to 800 wins.  At that point when he was forced to resign/retire at Okie St because he got in that accident when he was zonked on alcohol and painkillers he was stuck at 798 wins.

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2012, 02:29:59 PM »

Johnny Mathis the singer, not the Kennedy coach, also played for USF, maybe on first NC team with Russell.

Moose

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2012, 02:32:08 PM »

Johnny Mathis the singer, not the Kennedy coach, also played for USF, maybe on first NC team with Russell.

Wikipedia is saying San Francisco State not USF

DFF6

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2012, 02:47:46 PM »

SF is 8th in the country in total reb %.  st johns is 246.  vegas might make SF the odds on favorite because of the gap (and being home)

I wouldn't be shocked if we're the underdogs going in.  A win at SF would be a good measuring stick for our team, especially if SF goes on to make noise in the WCC.

paultzman

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2012, 03:31:47 PM »
“@STJ_Basketball: #STJBB in the dugout of 2010, 2012 World Series Champs. Don't Stop Believin'! @SFGiants http://t.co/crCX8BQo