Bobby Gonezalez

• 9 replies
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 11:03:05 AM by JJ »

Re: Bobby Gonezalez
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 09:23:20 AM »
http://www.nypost.com/seven/04062008/sports/gone_zalez__105237.htm

Thanks Marco, unbelievable, just unbelievable.
Guess Franwho was corret from day 1 with his assessment of this character.

pmg911

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 10:13:46 AM »

Assesment of his character..   come on..    the guy might get fired and he might deserve it but its not as if he was caught blatantly cheating or violating NCAA rules like Kelvin Smapson..   

Gonzo's problem is that he can't control his emotions at times...   that is not because of a lack of character..

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 10:53:14 AM »

Assesment of his character..   come on..    the guy might get fired and he might deserve it but its not as if he was caught blatantly cheating or violating NCAA rules like Kelvin Smapson..   

Gonzo's problem is that he can't control his emotions at times...   that is not because of a lack of character..

Did I imply anywhere that he is shady ?
Please learn to read english pmg.
One may have a character that is governed by their emotions.
Again please reread my posts prior to coming up with false accusations.  ::)

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 10:59:02 AM »
i still stand strong that i would take bobby gonzalez and his antics over norm roberts any day of the week.  this marriage at seton hall simply didnt work for him, as they want to find someone thats low key/wont ruffle feathers and wins. to be honest, thats a very hard combination to find
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 12:15:44 PM »
Not surprisin if any y'all follow the scene.
Gotta learn to be a man first 'fore you can be a coach. Got that backwards. Dont ever know what Ricky P ever saw in BG to be his godfather.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

mkras99

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 12:23:14 PM »
Choz, can you provide any examples of his antics to which we may not be privy?

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 12:43:20 PM »
The guy is a nut and he has always been a nut.  Just because you dont cheat doesnt mean you can go around fighting everyone.  It is hard for me to believe that the most recent incidents are going to get him fired.  I have a feeling there is more to it than just him calling out ref's and acting immature.

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 05:26:20 PM »
i still stand strong that i would take bobby gonzalez and his antics over norm roberts any day of the week.  this marriage at seton hall simply didnt work for him, as they want to find someone thats low key/wont ruffle feathers and wins. to be honest, thats a very hard combination to find

so you have to be a psycho to win? 

He's obviously a good coach...but he hasn't been tearing up the recruiting trail and I wouldn't call Seton Hall's last 2 seasons a success.

That being said I'll be very surprised if he's let go...if he is...he must've done alot more than just "ruffle" a few feathers.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2008, 06:41:22 PM »
i didnt say that.  all i said was that i would still take gonzo over norm.  the guy is crazy, but seton hall knew this going in.  anyone who seriously followed college basketball knew about it.  if they wanted a calm, cool and compassionate guy, they shouldve kept louis orr.  would bobby gonzalez have been my 1st choice 4 years ago to be the coach of st johns? no, but he wouldve been high on my list, certainly above norm and i still believe that
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap