• 32 replies

redslope

Re: "wait till next year"
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2012, 01:24:06 PM »
"Linda" also bet that the Mayan calendar was correct

Happy

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2012, 01:28:29 PM »

Of the people who post on these sites, I would consider you overly positive. But why are you so defensive about it? It is not necessarily a bad thing. You are also younger I believe, so you missed our "glory years" and therefore unfortunately 13- 17 wins is what you are accustomed to. For the record I respect you staying positive over the people who are delusional, then start complaining or the people who just complain no matter what. 

Funny you say that I'm such a positive person.  The reason I get defensive about it is because its probably the farthest from the truth.  Many posters here know me, have known me for a decade, have sat with me, traveled with me and often joke about how I'm never a positive person.  For those who think Lavin can do no wrong in my eyes I've been very critical this summer and into this year. Kid gloves are off and I've said multiple times its NCAAs or its a failure this season.

Funny that you should say that Moose.. because most who know you like i do will say that you are the furthest thing from what we are sju is classifying you as.  Not a shot at WE ARE sju who i like as a poster.. but Moose is no Lavin cheerleader and wants what we all in the end want from our team.

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2012, 01:35:09 PM »
I do not think Lavin is a great game coach, both with X & O's and just having a feel for personal and sub patterns. I do not feel that is any earth shattering statement to anyone besides Crgreen. I also agree that the roster makeup is flawed. HOWEVER, we have as much talent coming in as we have ever had. Lavin also brings a level of respectability to the program. Norm was a disaster! Being a nice guy and running a clean program is great, unfortunately neither of those things made watching Geno and Mase bearable.

Yes you can do what you want, but making a statement that it is this year or bust for you would be silly. Almost seems you are doing that to prove the point that you are not a pom pom waver. Whether you are or aren't, jumping off the Lavin train after this season would not be sensible. You can still ride the train while questioning certain things. Like I said, to me next season is the real test.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 01:38:45 PM by we are sju »

Moose

« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2012, 01:38:11 PM »
I do not think Lavin is a great game coach, both with X & O's and just having a feel for personal and sub patterns. I do not feel that is any earth shattering statement to anyone besides Crgreen. I also agree that the roster makeup is flawed. HOWEVER, we have as much talent coming in as we have ever had. Lavin also brings a level of respectability to the program. Norm was a disaster! Being a nice guy and running a clean program is great, unfortunately neither of those things made watching Geno and Mase bearable to watch.
Yes you can do what you want, but making a statement that it is this year or bust for you would be silly. Almost seems you are doing that to prove the point that you are not a pom pom waver. Whether you are or aren't, jumping off the Lavin train after this season would not be sensible. You can still ride the train while questioning certain things. Like I said, to me next season is the real test IMO.

I didn't say this year or bust.  I just said this year or its a failure.  I wouldnt say if we missed he should be gone.  I'm just saying by year 3 based on an easier schedule we should be dancing.  Harkless or no Harkless based on what we have.  We lost 4 games 3 of which we had considerable leads.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2012, 01:43:50 PM »
We have one outside threat, no consistent rebounder and unless Branch can rectify it, no playmakers. I think Lavin has to find a way to get Maco minutes (I hope Lavin uses the rest of the season to figure out which of Pointer /Garret is going to lose his minutes) and get him some help getting off shots. Greene seems confused on what he is supposed to do, I think having him play off the ball will help with the shooting. I also think that both CO and Sampson will be much better rebounders next year. So basically a lot will fall on Branch as he is really the only playmaker(hopefully).

jr49

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2012, 02:51:51 PM »
1.  Lawrence is ranked 12.  R Jordan is ranked 41
2.  There are no guarantees in life.  Deal with it.
3.  I don't think it's a trend.  I think we've been pretty consistently bad at rebounding this year.
4.   I must too dumb because the sentence you wrote doesn't make any sense.

You said lets talk good or bad.  How come you don't mention anything good in your posts?

Linda is a ray of sunshine.  Didn't post much if at all before Asheville debacle.  Now can't help himself.

Himself?  thats rather uncalled for?  Been following the program a long time and while a fan, my patience is running thin.
Sorry you patience running thin, as long as your hair is thick and luxurious.

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2012, 05:28:28 PM »
Might be wrong but I recall a Linda posting on Redmen before the site crashed. Pretty sure the posts were about Iona too

Nope, never was or will be an Iona fan.  Am a fan of the Cleuss brothers though, from the early days of Kevin (Radar) Cleuss. Great family who have had their share of heartache.

« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2012, 05:36:18 PM »
1.  Lawrence is ranked 12.  R Jordan is ranked 41
2.  There are no guarantees in life.  Deal with it.
3.  I don't think it's a trend.  I think we've been pretty consistently bad at rebounding this year.
4.   I must too dumb because the sentence you wrote doesn't make any sense.

You said lets talk good or bad.  How come you don't mention anything good in your posts?

Linda is a ray of sunshine.  Didn't post much if at all before Asheville debacle.  Now can't help himself.

Himself?  thats rather uncalled for?  Been following the program a long time and while a fan, my patience is running thin.
Sorry you patience running thin, as long as your hair is thick and luxurious.

As I am getting on in years, the hair is getting a bit thin as well. :'(

Tiznow

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2012, 09:51:26 PM »
For the second year in a row, after a much anticipated season of new talent coming to revise a dormant program, there are already cries of "wail till next year"? Huh?  First of all, this year is barely underway and honestly, if this year does not pan out, what is there to look forward to at this point in time. 

1.  We still have not grabbed any of our primary recruits and the ones we are after are not program changers.
2.  There are no guarantees that the present cast of players will all be back. As we saw last season, it only takes a so called  "handler" or two to get into a kids ear to let him think he is NBA ready, or at least ready to play in Europe or somewhere else.
3.  A consistent trend in poor rebounding shows not sign of letting up.
4. Returning to a conference that will be decimated by detections.

It's time to focus on the here and now, good or bad.  For many years we all seemed to focus on the wait till next year cry, just to be disappointed year after year.  Funny but the one time many of us didn't look forward to a new season, Hardy's senior year, was the best season we had in the last decade.

Happy New Year

Linda, what does number 4 mean?

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2012, 05:42:40 PM »
For the second year in a row, after a much anticipated season of new talent coming to revise a dormant program, there are already cries of "wail till next year"? Huh?  First of all, this year is barely underway and honestly, if this year does not pan out, what is there to look forward to at this point in time. 

1.  We still have not grabbed any of our primary recruits and the ones we are after are not program changers.
2.  There are no guarantees that the present cast of players will all be back. As we saw last season, it only takes a so called  "handler" or two to get into a kids ear to let him think he is NBA ready, or at least ready to play in Europe or somewhere else.

It's time to focus on the here and now, good or bad.  For many years we all seemed to focus on the wait till next year cry, just to be disappointed year after year.  Funny but the one time many of us didn't look forward to a new season, Hardy's senior year, was the best season we had in the last decade.

Happy New Year

Typo, should have said defections.

Tiznow

« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2012, 12:43:22 AM »

Happy New Year

It makes zero sense, but thanks.  If this year does not pan out maybe you should just give up.   

ras

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2012, 02:23:18 PM »
This year is next year. Last year I was more forgiving, we only had 6 players ,5 FR. I figured last year was a stepping stone and this year we would make noise. WE lost Moe but gained CO and Sampson. Not having Gift is on Lavin. None of the SO.s seem to be playing any better then last year and we may finish lower in the BE then last year. The other side of the coin is Branch may emerge and next year if DLO,Sampson,CO dont  leave and we get Lawrence and Jorden, we could be very good, but those are many ifs. Im not counting on Sanchez being eligible .

« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2012, 05:11:19 PM »

Happy New Year

It makes zero sense, but thanks.  If this year does not pan out maybe you should just give up.

Why does it make zero sense?  Are you not familiar with the English language?