Help with site- Moderators wanted

• 31 replies
Re: Help with site- Moderators wanted
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2013, 02:49:37 AM »
Also any thoughts to not posting stuff about the current players in their recruiting threads?

I've been saying that for a while but no one listens.  IMO once they are on the team all posts should be on main board.

Those should be ONLY about recruiting. That's something I've been wanting to nip in the bud
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2013, 02:50:20 AM »
Thanks guys I have to look some things over but I appreciate the willingness of everyone to pitch in

pmg911

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2013, 04:58:44 PM »
Those should be ONLY about recruiting. That's something I've been wanting to nip in the bud

The firrst thread in the RECRUITS section should be 2013 then.

paultzman

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2013, 05:12:49 PM »

The firrst thread in the RECRUITS section should be 2013 then.

And perhaps add 2016?

desco80

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2013, 06:20:11 PM »
All good and well, but then as I mentioned before we gotta make a permanent thread for each of the current players in the main thread.   
Make it so if somebody has something to say about Jakarr there's nowhere else to go but his thread. 

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2013, 01:27:42 AM »
All good and well, but then as I mentioned before we gotta make a permanent thread for each of the current players in the main thread.   
Make it so if somebody has something to say about Jakarr there's nowhere else to go but his thread. 

I'm certainly open to suggestions but I think it would be best to make those timely threads. "JaKarr's Freshman Year Development" "JaKarr Shot Selection" Ect. Having 1 thread for 1 player for potentially 4 years is a lot of stuff to sort through.

kjd01067

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2013, 08:10:10 AM »
I agree with Dave, if we have 13 player threads stickied on the top of the main board it is going to take almost the whole page and all other threads will be pushed to the second page

Foad

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2013, 09:09:03 AM »
I agree with Dave, if we have 13 player threads stickied on the top of the main board it is going to take almost the whole page and all other threads will be pushed to the second page

Perhaps the threads about the players could actually resemble the players? Like, there could be a thread about Phil Greene that wanders aimlessly from topic to topic and then finally discusses something else entirely. And there could be a thread about Orlando Sanchez that's impossible to open. Aussi il devrait y avoir un collant sur Sophie Marceau qui est en anglais.

Be happy to help get something like this off the ground. PM if interested.

Moose

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2013, 09:14:38 AM »

Perhaps the threads about the players could actually resemble the players? Like, there could be a thread about Phil Greene that wanders aimlessly from topic to topic and then finally discusses something else entirely. And there could be a thread about Orlando Sanchez that's impossible to open. Aussi il devrait y avoir un collant sur Sophie Marceau qui est en anglais.

LOL
Remember who broke the Slice news

desco80

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2013, 09:50:19 AM »

I'm certainly open to suggestions but I think it would be best to make those timely threads. "JaKarr's Freshman Year Development" "JaKarr Shot Selection" Ect. Having 1 thread for 1 player for potentially 4 years is a lot of stuff to sort through.

Good point, that would become too long and combine many unrelated topics.   You know what you're doing obviously. 

And terrific post by Fun, got my morning off to a good start haha. 

paultzman

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2013, 10:50:17 AM »

great idea

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2013, 11:01:02 AM »

Funny!