Rutgers Game - Player of the Game

• 12 replies

desco80

Rutgers Game - Player of the Game
« on: January 09, 2013, 10:45:12 PM »
Dave asked that we start doing this again, so here goes...    (don't remember if we included opposing players in the past... but for today at least I threw them into the mix)

Not really a tough call today, despite the missed free throws there was no question in my mind D'angelo was player of the game.  even in a loss. 
But I could see why some people might hold the misses against him.

Re: Rutgers Game - Player of the Game
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 10:50:02 PM »
Dave asked that we start doing this again, so here goes...    (don't remember if we included opposing players in the past... but for today at least I threw them into the mix)

Not really a tough call today, despite the missed free throws there was no question in my mind D'angelo was player of the game.  even in a loss. 

Thanks for doing this Desco, IMO Harrison was the player of the game (had 5 asts not 4), and Chris should be up there instead of Jakarr.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 10:55:15 PM »
Poole--he came off the bench and hit some sots for them when it counted. On the SJU side, Pointer. Energy, defense, and he hit his ft's.

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 11:02:14 PM »
I agree with Loughlin.  SirDom is the only player that gave more tonight than we expected from him.

desco80

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 12:00:55 AM »

Thanks for doing this Desco, IMO Harrison was the player of the game (had 5 asts not 4), and Chris should be up there instead of Jakarr.

No prob 'Mase.  Youve been around awhile, do we typically include opposing players in our poll?    What do you guys think going forward?   

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 12:16:19 AM »

Harrison would have had my vote, missed free throws and all if it were not for that inexplicable NBA three point shot he took in the closing seconds of the game when we were down 1. The player of the game is a tough one to call as no player to me stood out as having an exceptional game.

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 10:30:48 AM »
I agree with Loughlin.  SirDom is the only player that gave more tonight than we expected from him.

I expect a lot more out of Top 50 Recruit in his 2nd year. Really!!! Kid was in the Jordan Game and can only score on layup and Free throw. When he is in the game teams know they do not need to guard him.

Moose

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 10:37:40 AM »

I expect a lot more out of Top 50 Recruit in his 2nd year. Really!!! Kid was in the Jordan Game and can only score on layup and Free throw. When he is in the game teams know they do not need to guard him.

Doesn't that fall on Rico's head?  Isn't he the player development guru?
Remember who broke the Slice news

Foad

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 10:41:38 AM »
This should be followed up by a poll to determine who was the best crew member on the Titanic.

desco80

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 10:54:33 AM »

I'm convinced he's either been told never to shoot a jump shot again, or he's lost absolutely all confidence.    Because now Dom doesn't even attempt a shot unless its a layup.   
Either way that's a sad state of affairs for a highly regarded prospect who plays on the wing.   

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 10:59:50 AM »
This should be followed up by a poll to determine who was the best crew member on the Titanic.

;D ;D

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 11:02:54 AM »

Doesn't that fall on Rico's head?  Isn't he the player development guru?

Absolutely!! My biggest frustration is we have these great athletes that are not being turned into Basketball player by the Coaching Staff.

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 11:17:01 AM »

No prob 'Mase.  Youve been around awhile, do we typically include opposing players in our poll?    What do you guys think going forward?   

Id say include them, we can always just ignore that their there ;)
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.