Attendance

• 21 replies
Attendance
« on: January 10, 2013, 08:52:31 AM »
It is kind of disappointing to only see 6,100 in attendance last night for two local teams.

To think Seton Hall and Louisville had a higher number is kind of out there.

Also, what was with the Public Address Announcer last night, he should have been calling CYO.   Mistakes galore.

Moose

Re: Attendance
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 08:53:36 AM »
It is kind of disappointing to only see 6,100 in attendance last night for two local teams.

To think Seton Hall and Louisville had a higher number is kind of out there.

Also, what was with the Public Address Announcer last night, he should have been calling CYO.   Mistakes galore.

Seton Hall was playing a Top 10 team.  I'd expect a big attendance.

Ours was embarrassing but what do you expect.  We're St. John's.

Heck I might not even go to weeknight games anymore.  Too much of a pain in the ass trekking from CT.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 08:54:32 AM by Moose »
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 09:57:51 AM »
There couldn't have been more than 200 Rutgers fans there.  They didn't cheer until the game was over.  Then you heard about a dozen people screaming R-U, R-U.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 10:07:46 AM »
Not really surprising, this team is not consistent enough to be of any interest yet. Win the next two games things will start heading in the right direction. If they lose, that U C game was astriek win and you will have an empty Garden.
Cougar O' Malley

Moose

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 11:03:20 AM »
Here is Rutgers message board and their opinion of our 'fans'

http://rutgers.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=641&tid=161674394&mid=161674394&sid=988&style=2

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 11:08:38 AM »
St. John's doesn't have a passionate fan base. They have a bandwagon fan base

Best line and so true...

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 11:10:29 AM »
Rutgers/St John has no business bein in MSG.

Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 12:34:42 PM »
Rutgers/St John has no business bein in MSG.
Yet...somebody has to be an optimist!
Cougar O' Malley

gman

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 01:00:44 PM »
Won't change until things turned around. 10 years of losing kills the fan base

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 01:43:24 PM »
I was there last night with about 8 guys who didn't grow up St. John 's fans but are becoming fans in their early 30s.  We were shocked at how few Rutgers fans were in attendance.  I thought they would at least draw a few thousand, but it doesn't seem like they even get that for their home games based on what I just read on the thread Moose circulated.  As for our attendance, it is what I expected for a weeknight against RU.  It should be better, but I knew it wouldn't be.  Nonetheless, for the cost of going, it was well worth it from all of our perspectives.  As the team continues to improve, so will attendance at MSG.  For now though I'd focus only on scheduling big names for games in the Garden.

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 01:45:06 PM »
St. John's will have to be an elite team to sell out a smaller game like this. They fit a couple hundred more than they would have had at Carnesseca. Probably bigger crowds for GTown and ND but those teams will probably also have fans there.

gman

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 01:45:59 PM »
Zags posTed that sju and Rutgers want to continue the series. I don't see why and last night proves. It's a no win situation for us.

Moose

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 01:46:48 PM »
I was there last night with about 8 guys who didn't grow up St. John 's fans but are becoming fans in their early 30s.  We were shocked at how few Rutgers fans were in attendance.  I thought they would at least draw a few thousand, but it doesn't seem like they even get that for their home games based on what I just read on the thread Moose circulated.  As for our attendance, it is what I expected for a weeknight against RU.  It should be better, but I knew it wouldn't be.  Nonetheless, for the cost of going, it was well worth it from all of our perspectives.  As the team continues to improve, so will attendance at MSG.  For now though I'd focus only on scheduling big names for games in the Garden.

The Rutgers fans sitting behind me were pretty annoying.  One of them was very level headed. Apologizing for his buddies who kept proclaiming Myles Mack the best 5'10 guard in the country.  But also they all hated Mike Rice.  All wanted him gone.  Also they were none too fond of Eli Carter.

Moose

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2013, 01:47:27 PM »
Zags posTed that sju and Rutgers want to continue the series. I don't see why and last night proves. It's a no win situation for us.

We like playing nice inviting everyone into the Garden.  Pretty sickening.

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2013, 02:00:13 PM »

The Rutgers fans sitting behind me were pretty annoying.  One of them was very level headed. Apologizing for his buddies who kept proclaiming Myles Mack the best 5'10 guard in the country.  But also they all hated Mike Rice.  All wanted him gone.  Also they were none too fond of Eli Carter.

I don't think Rice makes it to Big 10. Even trying to control himself he's crazy. He was screaming at his Asst. coaches the whole game.

gman

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2013, 02:02:42 PM »

I don't think Rice makes it to Big 10. Even trying to control himself he's crazy. He was screaming at his Asst. coaches the whole game.

He was out at mid court basically screaming. The refs finally warned him to get back to the coaches box. We stunk last night but ru stinks too and will struggle in the be. Rice is a goner

TONYD3

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2013, 07:30:28 PM »
I gave up my season tickets. I bought a single for 15 dollars and sat 2 rows lower then my old seats. Was a bad crowd, I have seen worse. Rutgers fans explained it well. To expensive and a shitty product.

MCNPA

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2013, 08:54:30 PM »

Continue series with Rutgers?  Forget about it.  They do nothing to augment our schedule in any way.  If they do get a game, it should be at Carnesecca.  Otherwise a waste of time.  Out fan base isn't nearly as bad as theirs.

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2013, 09:44:40 PM »
I would rather play a team like Rutgers than a Florida Gulf coast or UNCA anytime. Better competition to play against, and it does leave open the possibility of a local rivalry.

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2013, 09:48:53 PM »
I would rather play a team like Rutgers than a Florida Gulf coast or UNCA anytime. Better competition to play against, and it does leave open the possibility of a local rivalry.

We can't play every game against good competition.  Need some cupcakes on there.  No need to schedule a Carnesecca caliber game that will require us to return a road game.  And this rivalry talk makes no sense, we've been in their conference for how long without a rivalry, now once they leave we will develop one?