Georgetown Game

• 293 replies

paultzman

Re: Georgetown Game
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2013, 01:40:40 PM »
Our "weave" is much crisper before noon.

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2013, 01:49:23 PM »
Bullets             - 31
Knickerbockers - 29

boo3

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2013, 01:56:02 PM »
 Stj- 18

Gtwn- 22

Moose

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2013, 01:56:54 PM »
Good news is Gtown only rolls 7 deep.  Domingo would be 8 but has struggled this year.  Only two 3's made all year.  Of course that means he's light up 5-9 vs. us.
Remember who broke the Slice news

sju89tr

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2013, 02:02:28 PM »
Good news is Gtown only rolls 7 deep.  Domingo would be 8 but has struggled this year.  Only two 3's made all year.  Of course that means he's light up 5-9 vs. us.

STJ 3 GTOWN 2

Porter scores off opening tip, Dee wins game with desperation half court shot with .1 left on clock. refs could not conclusively determine if ball was still in Dee's hands when clock ran out.

Moose

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2013, 02:03:49 PM »

STJ 3 GTOWN 2

Porter scores off opening tip, Dee wins game with desperation half court shot with .1 left on clock. refs could not conclusively determine if ball was still in Dee's hands when clock ran out.

Fans criticize Harrison for taking the shot claiming it was selfish.

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2013, 02:10:24 PM »
Most of that seems to come from the other site for some unknown reason. Pretty strange actually

Moose

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2013, 02:11:45 PM »
Most of that seems to come from the other site for some unknown reason. Pretty strange actually

If Carmine stereotype all white players I will age stereotype.  Older generation isn't a fan of Dee's theatrics.   Younger fans are.

DFF6

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2013, 02:14:30 PM »

Funniest thing this morning was seeing a thread entitled: D'Angelo Harrison: 6th Man?  Yes, we should keep the leading scorer in the BE on a team that cannot buy a basket without him and make him come off the bench to provide a "spark".  Yikes. 

paultzman

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2013, 02:16:22 PM »

If Carmine stereotype all white players I will age stereotype.  Older generation isn't a fan of Dee's theatrics.   Younger fans are.

With one enthusiastic exception please.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 02:19:01 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2013, 02:19:42 PM »

Even so, "Harrison 6th man"??????
This is how that thread should have gone:
"I believe Harrison should come off the bench becuase, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH"
Then 10 posts of people calling the guy who posted it an idiot

Moose

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2013, 02:21:15 PM »

Even so, "Harrison 6th man"??????
This is how that thread should have gone:
"I believe Harrison should come off the bench becuase, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH"
Then 10 posts of people calling the guy who posted it an idiot

You post on Redmen.  Knock your socks off making your premonition come true ;)

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2013, 02:51:35 PM »
First game of the year for WASJU. Anyone know what the deal is with the 11 am start? Going to adversely affect my beer intake

Women play after us.
Rangers were 'supposed' to play at night.
So when schedule was made we wanted ESPN and they offered up 11am.  Extra hour prior to 12 would h
Don't bitch and moan my east coast brothers, 8 AM start for me in So Cal.  :-X

Ted, are you trying to make us feel bad for the guy who lives in Southern Cali??   

How long has it been since you had any precipitation?  Been below 50 lately?   

For those god given treasures the price you pay is 10am NFL kickoffs, and in this case an 8am tip off for STJ.
More than a fair deal !  ;D

It was actually 28 at 5 AM this morning, go figure LOL

It rained yesterday too LOL

The 10AM kickoff's are great as football is over by 4PM for the most part.

I was in Hawaii one year during football season and the 7AM kickoff was kind of weird.   

You tell 'em Ted, it's been FREEZING here the past couple of days.  Today I had to upgrade from my usual golf jacket to leather.  My oh my.

And the early start also conflicts with my Saturday morning routine of coffee and EPL while the rest of the family is sleeping.

And re BOTE's DLo post, coming off another equally inane post the day before, it wasn't really worth discussing.  What I've seen is that it doesn't do anyone any good to point out what an idiot someone is since they're unlikely to agree with you.  I follow that rule as much as I can, though I've been known to stray on occassion.  Most of the time that probably makes us all hold back our true thoughts and focus our efforts on worthwhile conversations like what a punk DLo is.  ;)   FWIW I think he's been demonstrable more controlled this year.  Last year he was always getting into opponents faces when he was fouled or didn't like a call like he was ready to throw down.   Not as much of that this year.  Very ungangsta!

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2013, 02:52:27 PM »
Wowed I screwed up the formatting on that post. 

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2013, 03:10:03 PM »
There have been a couple of 11am starts the past few weeks in the Big East.

desco80

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2013, 03:13:58 PM »

Funniest thing this morning was seeing a thread entitled: D'Angelo Harrison: 6th Man?  Yes, we should keep the leading scorer in the BE on a team that cannot buy a basket without him and make him come off the bench to provide a "spark".  Yikes.

I'll say this... yea BOTE's thread was ridiculous,  BUT, and this is a huge BUT,
BUT, if we were playing better ball as a team and winning more, I would have a problem with some of the shots D'angelos taken recently.   
I could care less about the "attitude" thing, if he crosses the line he'll get a T or coach will sit him.  He doesn't cross that line much if ever.  So that's a non issue to me.

But early in the season against some of our cupcakes, coach pulled D after hoisting up a 35 footer.   He hasn't done that at all recently. 
And just because he made that fantastic shot against Cincinnati doesn't all of a sudden mean it's cool to throw caution to the wind and forget about shot selection.   
But right now I can't fault D'angelo for anything.   Truth is he's played great - and he actually was giving up the ball a whole lot in the Rutgers game.   Very unselfish.   

I'm just saying it's a slippery slope.  And, a fine line.   Use whatever cliche you like, but taking a transition 3 when you have a teammate in good rebounding position is one thing... if you start jacking up shots though when you have a 3 on 1 break??   That gets you a seat on the pine in a lot of programs.   

Moose

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2013, 03:16:38 PM »

I'm just saying it's a slippery slope.  And, a fine line.   Use whatever cliche you like, but taking a transition 3 when you have a teammate in good rebounding position is one thing... if you start jacking up shots though when you have a 3 on 1 break??   That gets you a seat on the pine in a lot of programs.   

Why?
We can't rebound.

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2013, 03:18:38 PM »
Harrison is far and away our best player/scorer. Lavin's offense is also not doing him any favors. Furthermore one of the many drawbacks to Greene dribbling around in a circle is and milking the shot clock is it makes it easier to gear up on our only scoring option. So once in awhile Harrison finds himself open from three on a fastbreak and hoists up a three. TOTALLY UNDERSTANDABLE! 
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 03:21:12 PM by we are sju »

DFF6

« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2013, 03:22:30 PM »

I'll say this... yea BOTE's thread was ridiculous,  BUT, and this is a huge BUT,
BUT, if we were playing better ball as a team and winning more, I would have a problem with some of the shots D'angelos taken recently.   
I could care less about the "attitude" thing, if he crosses the line he'll get a T or coach will sit him.  He doesn't cross that line much if ever.  So that's a non issue to me.

But early in the season against some of our cupcakes, coach pulled D after hoisting up a 35 footer.   He hasn't done that at all recently. 
And just because he made that fantastic shot against Cincinnati doesn't all of a sudden mean it's cool to throw caution to the wind and forget about shot selection.   
But right now I can't fault D'angelo for anything.   Truth is he's played great - and he actually was giving up the ball a whole lot in the Rutgers game.   Very unselfish.   

I hear you Desco, and I look forward to the day when we are that program that can afford to bench Harrison for those occasional, ill-advised 3pt attempts. 

« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2013, 05:09:20 PM »
Harrison is far and away our best player/scorer. Lavin's offense is also not doing him any favors. Furthermore one of the many drawbacks to Greene dribbling around in a circle is and milking the shot clock is it makes it easier to gear up on our only scoring option. So once in awhile Harrison finds himself open from three on a fastbreak and hoists up a three. TOTALLY UNDERSTANDABLE! 

He's the 2nd leading scorer in the BE under Lavin's system---top 10 in the country.  What would he score, 30, under a different coach?  Only at Iona.