Georgetown Game

• 293 replies
Re: Georgetown Game
« Reply #140 on: January 12, 2013, 12:26:11 PM »
Not about coaching here.  We just can't shoot.  I could have them run any offense in the country.  None of them work if there are no shooters/scorers except one.  There is no problem with the offensive sets not coaching here.  Guys are slow moving the ball and all have to defer to Harrison because he's in an island out there.  Lavs needs to recruit more guys who can shoot and score.  It's nothing else.  Georgetown hasn't been impressive.   We finally started hustling and coming back only to be stifled by missing very single free throw we take.

You are in denial.  Even Elmore just said that there is not any ball movement on St. johns. There are shooters, they just have to be put in a position to shoot.  Offensive sets, what offensive sets?  It's all one on one and create.

Enlighten me as to who can consistently hit an outside shot besides Harrison and Greene?

« Reply #141 on: January 12, 2013, 12:26:47 PM »
Well everyone got what they wanted, more Branch.  And the result seems even worse.  Perhaps because the competition is a bit better though.  It does not seem to matter who is on the floor, the offense looks miserable.

We've been better with Branch and he has stepped up his D.  He is the pg and it needs to stay that way.  What we need Phil to do us to stop being a PG and strt scoring.

Agree we are better with Branch but the entire team is in disarray

desco80

« Reply #142 on: January 12, 2013, 12:27:06 PM »
Branch looks find to me.   

really wish we had our version of Porter on the court... aka Moe Harkless

« Reply #143 on: January 12, 2013, 12:28:58 PM »
Not about coaching here.  We just can't shoot.  I could have them run any offense in the country.  None of them work if there are no shooters/scorers except one.  There is no problem with the offensive sets not coaching here.  Guys are slow moving the ball and all have to defer to Harrison because he's in an island out there.  Lavs needs to recruit more guys who can shoot and score.  It's nothing else.  Georgetown hasn't been impressive.   We finally started hustling and coming back only to be stifled by missing very single free throw we take.

You are in denial.  Even Elmore just said that there is not any ball movement on St. johns. There are shooters, they just have to be put in a position to shoot.  Offensive sets, what offensive sets?  It's all one on one and create.

Enlighten me as to who can consistently hit an outside shot besides Harrison and Greene?

Marco if given the chance.  But how any outside shooters do you need.  Do you think every team has 5 shooters on the floor?  You make do with what you have.  And if you don't have enough basketball players, that is on the staff in year 3.

desco80

« Reply #144 on: January 12, 2013, 12:29:42 PM »
Obekpa can't guard Lubick on the low block.   its embarrassing for someone who leads the country in blocks.

« Reply #145 on: January 12, 2013, 12:30:51 PM »

Marco if given the chance.  But how any outside shooters do you need.  Do you think every team has 5 shooters on the floor?  You make do with what you have.  And if you don't have enough basketball players, that is on the staff in year 3.

Nothing Marco has done has proved he deserves to play. Sure he may be able to shoot, but he can't get away from his man. But to say we have capable shooters is simply false. We don't.

Chilleb

« Reply #146 on: January 12, 2013, 12:31:12 PM »
It's not branch- garret and pointer are wing players who can't dribble or shoot. Even if he gets them a shot they either don't take it or pass it around the perimeter
+1

desco80

« Reply #147 on: January 12, 2013, 12:33:16 PM »
Branch has to shoot that wide open shot from the corner. 

TONYD3

« Reply #148 on: January 12, 2013, 12:34:14 PM »
Obekpa can't guard Lubick on the low block.   its embarrassing for someone who leads the country in blocks.
I bet gift would have done a better job. Can't believe we are saving a guy who is slightly better then Abe kieta

« Reply #149 on: January 12, 2013, 12:35:21 PM »

St. John's is statistically the worst shooting team in the conference. So no, the team doesn't have shooters.

« Reply #150 on: January 12, 2013, 12:35:33 PM »

Nothing Marco has done has proved he deserves to play. Sure he may be able to shoot, but he can't get away from his man. But to say we have capable shooters is simply false. We don't.

If there was ever a play run Marcos way, he would hit a few but Lavin seems incapable of doing so.  And if Marco
can't shoot, why did Lavin bring him in and refer to him as a Steve Kerr play alike? No after which way you slice it, iits the staffs issue.

« Reply #151 on: January 12, 2013, 12:38:24 PM »

St. John's is statistically the worst shooting team in the conference. So no, the team doesn't have shooters.

I disagree.  If there was some semblence of an offense we would get better looks and more shots would be made.  Why do teams with far less talent shoot better than us, ask yourself that.  It's about the offensive sets.

« Reply #152 on: January 12, 2013, 12:40:26 PM »
While we are 0 for 11 from three its because, as the announcers stated, we were blanketed on defense, meaning no offensive sets.  Why don't you see it for what it is?

« Reply #153 on: January 12, 2013, 12:40:46 PM »
I think we'll have 3 more scholarships open up next year

« Reply #154 on: January 12, 2013, 12:42:03 PM »
Announcer just stated " so much one on one offense".  That about says it all!

boo3

« Reply #155 on: January 12, 2013, 12:44:56 PM »
 It's very appropriate that Realfan switched his screen name to a female. He certainly cries like one all game. 

boo3

« Reply #156 on: January 12, 2013, 12:45:45 PM »
 If only we ran more plays for Marco, the season would turn around.... good grief.

« Reply #157 on: January 12, 2013, 12:49:21 PM »
If only we ran more plays for Marco, the season would turn around.... good grief.

Desperation time

« Reply #158 on: January 12, 2013, 12:50:40 PM »
I'm switching over to Cuse/Nova game. Maybe my boy Mookie will get some run with Souterland out

desco80

« Reply #159 on: January 12, 2013, 12:51:25 PM »
Also, i wanted to see Branch play too... but is Greene hurt?
we could use his offense.. he hasn't played all 2nd half i don't think.