Georgetown Game

• 293 replies
Re: Georgetown Game
« Reply #160 on: January 12, 2013, 12:52:38 PM »
Do you think if Dunlap gets fired he will come back to St. John's? At least if he was here, we would be playing better defense and boxing out. But now I am thinking about it, he may be able to keep his job just based on the fact how poor we are doing without him!

« Reply #161 on: January 12, 2013, 12:56:18 PM »
It's very appropriate that Realfan switched his screen name to a female. He certainly cries like one all game.

Realfan? Are you referring to me?  I am not crying at all but as a fan of the program, it is quite discouraging to watch this team play as they seem to be regressing at times.  But thanks for the insult? I think? :o

« Reply #162 on: January 12, 2013, 12:58:07 PM »
Not about coaching here.  We just can't shoot.  I could have them run any offense in the country.  None of them work if there are no shooters/scorers except one.  There is no problem with the offensive sets not coaching here.  Guys are slow moving the ball and all have to defer to Harrison because he's in an island out there.  Lavs needs to recruit more guys who can shoot and score.  It's nothing else.  Georgetown hasn't been impressive.   We finally started hustling and coming back only to be stifled by missing very single free throw we take.

You are in denial.  Even Elmore just said that there is not any ball movement on St. johns. There are shooters, they just have to be put in a position to shoot.  Offensive sets, what offensive sets?  It's all one on one and create.

St. John's is statistically the worst shooting team in the conference. So no, the team doesn't have shooters.

I disagree.  If there was some semblence of an offense we would get better looks and more shots would be made.  Why do teams with far less talent shoot better than us, ask yourself that.  It's about the offensive sets.

Actually, no. You could give Sir'Dom, Amir, JaKarr, Greene, Branch, Balamou, and Obekpa 15-18 foot jump shots all day long and they'd be lucky to hit 20%. Outside of Harrison and maybe Bourgault, nobody on this team can consistently knock down a jump shot.

boo3

« Reply #163 on: January 12, 2013, 12:59:50 PM »
 I've seen Robbins mention on twitter a few times that Greene poor play coincided with a nagging hip injury...who knows.

Most disappointing is that these kids play with zero passion. No one gets mad or feisty with the exception of D'angelo.  Bunch of super passive kids have no shot in the Big east.  Time to grow up and fight if you want to win. No one is handing them anything, which is obvious.

« Reply #164 on: January 12, 2013, 01:00:55 PM »
If only we ran more plays for Marco, the season would turn around.... good grief.

Love the way you people twist things.  Someone asked what shooters were on the team and my response was that if Marco was given a play or two run to him, he would make some shots. I never said the season would turnaround.  I said it didn't matter who was in there, with no semblence of offense.  But the gentleman who twisted what I said us displaying his stupidity.

MCNPA

« Reply #165 on: January 12, 2013, 01:01:44 PM »
Blown out... By ourselves!

« Reply #166 on: January 12, 2013, 01:03:43 PM »
If only we ran more plays for Marco, the season would turn around.... good grief.

Love the way you people twist things.  Someone asked what shooters were on the team and my response was that if Marco was given a play or two run to him, he would make some shots. I never said the season would turnaround.  I said it didn't matter who was in there, with no semblence of offense.  But the gentleman who twisted what I said us displaying his stupidity.

I'm sorry but you can't blame Marco's lack of success on Lavin. He's got to earn his playing time and he hasn't. He may be able to hit an outside shot but not when the defense knows that and blankets him. We have no shooters. Not sure how you can even argue that after today.

SJUFAN

« Reply #167 on: January 12, 2013, 01:04:26 PM »
Not about coaching here.  We just can't shoot.  I could have them run any offense in the country.  None of them work if there are no shooters/scorers except one.  There is no problem with the offensive sets not coaching here.  Guys are slow moving the ball and all have to defer to Harrison because he's in an island out there.  Lavs needs to recruit more guys who can shoot and score.  It's nothing else.  Georgetown hasn't been impressive.   We finally started hustling and coming back only to be stifled by missing very single free throw we take.

You are in denial.  Even Elmore just said that there is not any ball movement on St. johns. There are shooters, they just have to be put in a position to shoot.  Offensive sets, what offensive sets?  It's all one on one and create.

St. John's is statistically the worst shooting team in the conference. So no, the team doesn't have shooters.

I disagree.  If there was some semblence of an offense we would get better looks and more shots would be made.  Why do teams with far less talent shoot better than us, ask yourself that.  It's about the offensive sets.

You are clueless. Teams with far less talent?!?!?!? Do you see what we are shooting from the line? from the floor? The players' are getting good looks, Coach can't force players' to take and/or make shots.

boo3

« Reply #168 on: January 12, 2013, 01:05:20 PM »
 go away Linda... you add zero to this place.  This will be my last response to anything you have to say.

Your lack of basketball knowledge and amazing ability to complain about anything and everything is the reason you've had to change screen names multiple times from multiple sites.  Enjoy your weekend.... Linda?  Lol

« Reply #169 on: January 12, 2013, 01:05:24 PM »

Who has earned time here?

I'm sorry but you can't blame Marco's lack of success on Lavin. He's got to earn his playing time and he hasn't. He may be able to hit an outside shot but not when the defense knows that and blankets him. We have no shooters. Not sure how you can even argue that after today.

« Reply #170 on: January 12, 2013, 01:06:16 PM »
Anyone noticed that we had played better offense without Harrison in the lineup?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 01:06:46 PM by Johnny4Life »

« Reply #171 on: January 12, 2013, 01:07:14 PM »
I've seen Robbins mention on twitter a few times that Greene poor play coincided with a nagging hip injury...who knows.

Most disappointing is that these kids play with zero passion. No one gets mad or feisty with the exception of D'angelo.  Bunch of super passive kids have no shot in the Big east.  Time to grow up and fight if you want to win. No one is handing them anything, which is obvious.

Maybe Lavin built this team for the Catholic league?

« Reply #172 on: January 12, 2013, 01:07:37 PM »

« Reply #173 on: January 12, 2013, 01:14:15 PM »
[/quote

You are clueless. Teams with far less talent?!?!?!? Do you see what we are shooting from the line? from the floor? The players' are getting good looks, Coach can't force players' to take and/or make shots.

And you are in denial.  How many top 100 players did the mid major teams that we played who shot better then us have? Oh wait, all those kids that the staff wouldn't even look at shoot better then our players.  If you put our kids with a coach who had a legit offense, you bet your arse we would have better shooters.  And if this team as you say has no shooters, that is either The staffs fault for not bringing in shooters or the staffs fault for not developing shooters.  And foul shooting is directly on the staff.

SJUFAN

« Reply #174 on: January 12, 2013, 01:14:47 PM »
While we are 0 for 11 from three its because, as the announcers stated, we were blanketed on defense, meaning no offensive sets.  Why don't you see it for what it is?

No the color commentator said we are not moving the ball. The analyst who played basketball for a living said we are getting good looks, meaning no shooters!!!!

« Reply #175 on: January 12, 2013, 01:16:04 PM »
go away Linda... you add zero to this place.  This will be my last response to anything you have to say.

Your lack of basketball knowledge and amazing ability to complain about anything and everything is the reason you've had to change screen names multiple times from multiple sites.  Enjoy your weekend.... Linda?  Lol

Only have one screen name but I understand your concern.  Someone named Linda having far more basketball knowledge then you have must realy feel degrading.

« Reply #176 on: January 12, 2013, 01:18:26 PM »
Well everyone got what they wanted, more Branch.  And the result seems even worse.  Perhaps because the competition is a bit better though.  It does not seem to matter who is on the floor, the offense looks miserable.
Not Everyone!
 >:(

SJUFAN

« Reply #177 on: January 12, 2013, 01:21:16 PM »
[/quote

And you are in denial.  How many top 100 players did the mid major teams that we played who shot better then us have? Oh wait, all those kids that the staff wouldn't even look at shoot better then our players.  If you put our kids with a coach who had a legit offense, you bet your arse we would have better shooters.  And if this team as you say has no shooters, that is either The staffs fault for not bringing in shooters or the staffs fault for not developing shooters.  And foul shooting is directly on the staff.

Hahahaha....what legit offense is that? Name me an offense that the coach should be running? Unless there is an offense that removes the defensive players out of the paint and allows our players to get layups, not sure an offense exists. This is a process, our team is clearly flawed. But we have the foundation for success, we just need a couple more pieces. 

« Reply #178 on: January 12, 2013, 01:22:45 PM »
Bring back the weave! No not you Keady

MCNPA

« Reply #179 on: January 12, 2013, 01:27:01 PM »
Well everyone got what they wanted, more Branch.  And the result seems even worse.  Perhaps because the competition is a bit better though.  It does not seem to matter who is on the floor, the offense looks miserable.
Not Everyone!
 >:(

Branch played well.  Double digit points, which is more than I can say for most.  He had few Ssists only because nobody else could score.  Branch did what he could do here.  Guys like Dom and Amir are horrible on offense.  Jakarr has hit a funk and lost his touch, which was automatic for a long while.  Need more scorers and shooters here and not guys of the Bourgault variety.  If we had one wing of the Jordan Adams variety who could make shots we'd be okay. 

We just took ourselves out of the game today.  We started with no urgency and after that,  we couldn't shoot our way into a 10 point deficit nonetheless 20-30.  Just overall bad performance.  Nothing wrong with anything else today except our atrocious shooting.