Greene Injury

• 61 replies
Re: Greene Injury
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2013, 07:43:53 PM »
Well everyone got what they've been clammoring for in the last game as point guard Populare played 29 minutes to 16 for Mean joe.

We promptly responded with our worst offensive output of the season.   :-[

The blowout was much more on Garrett, Sampson, Pointer and Obekpa, because they had ability to score. Still, Branch didn't penetrate enough. He needs to get in the lane, and make something happen. I saw him trying to direct the players on the court. But mostly, they just stood around being sad.

Branch did his job...lowest output had nothing to do with him...he pentrated and passed to guys like Garrett, PG4 who either missed wide open shots or worse pass them up...not his fault

So in summary, if Branch doesn't get any assists and the offensive produces 50 points it's because his offensively challenged teamates couldn't finish his great passes.  But when Mean Joe played point and the offense struggled and his assist totals aren't Jackson like it's because he's the worst point ever and he dribbles in circles.

Ok.  Now I understand.

Obviously you dont...big difference between creating an open shot and dribbling until the clock is about to run out...Huge difference

This creating an open shot you speak of is a myth.  Branch had ONE, yes ONE, count'em ONE assist in his 31 minutes of the huge ND win.  Mean Joe doubled his assist total with 2 and doubled his asst/to ration 2:1 to 1:1.

Wait a minute I almost forgot.  Branch doesn't have to actually produce as a point guard because lo and behold he passes the eye test whatever that is.  ;D

Myth in your eyes...seems like most others on the board see the difference

What say you about all of the statistical evidence I've presented to support my argument?
Will take it under advisement

Re: Greene Injury
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2013, 02:05:15 AM »
Well everyone got what they've been clammoring for in the last game as point guard Populare played 29 minutes to 16 for Mean joe.

We promptly responded with our worst offensive output of the season.   :-[

The blowout was much more on Garrett, Sampson, Pointer and Obekpa, because they had ability to score. Still, Branch didn't penetrate enough. He needs to get in the lane, and make something happen. I saw him trying to direct the players on the court. But mostly, they just stood around being sad.

Branch did his job...lowest output had nothing to do with him...he pentrated and passed to guys like Garrett, PG4 who either missed wide open shots or worse pass them up...not his fault

So in summary, if Branch doesn't get any assists and the offensive produces 50 points it's because his offensively challenged teamates couldn't finish his great passes.  But when Mean Joe played point and the offense struggled and his assist totals aren't Jackson like it's because he's the worst point ever and he dribbles in circles.

Ok.  Now I understand.

Obviously you dont...big difference between creating an open shot and dribbling until the clock is about to run out...Huge difference

This creating an open shot you speak of is a myth.  Branch had ONE, yes ONE, count'em ONE assist in his 31 minutes of the huge ND win.  Mean Joe doubled his assist total with 2 and doubled his asst/to ration 2:1 to 1:1.

Wait a minute I almost forgot.  Branch doesn't have to actually produce as a point guard because lo and behold he passes the eye test whatever that is.  ;D
But guess you have to know the game to see beyond statistics.

Are you trying to hurt my feelings?  :'( :down: