ND Game - Player of the Game

• 28 replies

desco80

ND Game - Player of the Game
« on: January 15, 2013, 10:18:27 PM »
Georgetown game probably didn't deserve a poll anyway.... they all stunk.     But getting back to the POTG polling;

I'm going with Jakarr.  I think he tired a little toward the end because he was giving max effort all game.   But in the first half he carried the team. 
When his jump shot is falling, and he's aggressive; he can be that 2nd scoring option we need. 

Plus he hit foul shots!!    An amazing concept. 

Moose

Re: ND Game - Player of the Game
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 10:19:42 PM »
Georgetown game probably didn't deserve a poll anyway.... they all stunk.     But getting back to the POTG polling;

I'm going with Jakarr.  I think he tired a little toward the end because he was giving max effort all game.   But in the first half he carried the team. 
When his jump shot is falling, and he's aggressive; he can be that 2nd scoring option we need. 

No Dom?

*Personally I wouldnt put opposing players.  Its STJ site.  Win or Lose who was our best player.  Just my 2 cents.
Remember who broke the Slice news

desco80

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 10:21:38 PM »

No Dom?

*Personally I wouldnt put opposing players.  Its STJ site.  Win or Lose who was our best player.  Just my 2 cents.

The poll only lets you have 5 options.. I was debating whether to add Dom or Branch.   Couldn't tell if people might think they played well enough to deserve the game ball.    You could make an argument for either I guess.

And, yea, I think I agree with you on the STJ players only policy.  Let me see if I can edit the poll.

Edit:  It did let me add a 6th option.   So, there's that. 
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 10:24:19 PM by desco80 »

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 10:22:21 PM »
really tough game to pick. Think id go with Jakarr but amir could be just as deserving. Dlo was huge down the stretch. Two great dimes, a big 3, and a huge block.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 10:22:40 PM »
Phil Greene. He kept us in the game early.

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 10:24:29 PM »
DLo won us this game. The huge three late and that block saved this one for us.

Poison

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 10:26:50 PM »
I picked Garrett. The D he played on their bigs throughout the game was tremendous. Pointer played great as well, but he has got to stop picking up pointless fouls. If the point guard is driving, yes, get a body on him, but if we're not in a press don't foul him 40 ft from the hoop.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 11:41:21 PM by Poison »

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 10:29:32 PM »
To me it's hands down DLo.  He led us in Rebounds, Assists & Blocks.  When we needed a huge basket nailed the deep 3 to put us up 1.  And he absolutely STUFFED the big guy from ND down the stretch to prevent a layup!!

Poison

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 10:31:38 PM »
To me it's hands down DLo.  He led us in Rebounds, Assists & Blocks.  When we needed a huge basket nailed the deep 3 to put us up 1.  And he absolutely STUFFED the big guy from ND down the stretch to prevent a layup!!

He played beautifully. Didn't force one shot.

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 10:31:42 PM »
Im going with Greene.  Made some nice jumpers tonight.  He is a lot more comfortable when he doesn't have to handle the ball for 40 mins.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 10:38:20 PM »
I go with Jakarr, based on the numbers, but I think Amir may have been the difference tonight.

redslope

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 10:48:09 PM »
Tonight was a team win not an individual.  They worked hard on defense and shut down the ND 3PT shooting.

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2013, 10:51:15 PM »
D'Angelo for his late 3, key block on someone way taller than him, and his UNSELFISH play (finally).

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2013, 11:29:39 PM »
Garett with Pointer a close second. Garett played great defense on their bigs and picked up the scoring slack. Pointer's jumper is coming on, and he is looking a lot smoother. If these two guys continue to develop we could be a contenda.

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2013, 11:36:55 PM »
D'lo. He is a team player. I don't care what anyone says on here about his attitude. He cares about winning, he cares about his teammates and he is a true Johnny. That last block was pure effort and he showed surprising hops. We probably lose that game without his block there. He wasn't scoring and realized he needed to do other things to help the team. How about that no-look pass to energize the team?

sju89tr

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2013, 10:52:49 AM »
It's nice we are debating 5-6 guys as player of the game and that is why we won. Major difference as opposed to Dee scoring 25 and no one else over 10. Balanced scoring, rebounding, and good shot selection.

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2013, 11:01:56 AM »
Wow, ceiling is pretty low for Greene huh? He only did his spinning top routine once and he is much more comfortable anywhere besides the point, but kid shot 6-17 including some pretty bad shots that even woke up Bobby Knight from his Joe Lapchick daydream.

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2013, 11:07:07 AM »
Jakarr is coming along nicely.....Sky's the limit with his game.

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2013, 11:11:04 AM »
Branch for icing the game with his two foul shots.

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2013, 11:24:32 AM »
n Deliliah was the p of the g for his scoring prowess and for setting a good tone from the line right from the get go.