It's 12 AM do you know where Orlando Sanchez is?

• 59 replies

Moose

Re: It's 12 AM do you know where Orlando Sanchez is?
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2013, 12:49:39 AM »
At this point in the NCAA vs Orlando Sanchez and the Gods Gift redshirt fiascos, does any one realy believe that Lavin's decision to redshirt Gift had anything to do with Mr. Sanchez's eligibility? If the word came from the NCAA back in November that the odds were stacked against us with regards to Sanchez's eligibility, would Lavin have realy red shirted Gift and taken such a chance to have a depleted front line if the decision was not already set in stone to red shirt him? Come on ow even the most blatant homer here or gullible individual would have to question the whole thing.   My take is that Coach Lavin never had any intention of playing Gift this year no matter what Sanchez's status was.  If that was his decision, then that was his decision, but why mislead people to believe that it was based on Sanchez's status? 

So here is what comes next........

1. If Orlando is eligible with half the season left, great, Gift stays redshirted and we potentially win more games then we would have.

2. If Sanchez does not become eligible, Gift still stays redshirted with the excuse of why waste him this year.

One as to believe that a deal was made with Gift from the get go re his desire to gain graduate credits or a degree.  Which by the way, I see nothing wrong with.  I just dont like feeling misled by the process.

What did Lavin say that would make anyone believe Gift's redshirt was based on Sanchez's status? Or do you just make this stuff up as you go along?

Make stuff up? Every discussion to date with coach Lavin and everyone on all of these sites equated the two conditions.  Do you not see that?  No offense but are you limited?

I don't give two $hits what is discussed on message boards. When did Lavin say it? Your a clown, answer the question.........or are you limited?

I guess you dont read espn commentaries or local news as it was stated on numerous times. You are a bafoon that uses insults to make a point as your points contain no substance. And it's "you're a clown" not your a clown.

Its also KoolAid not Koolade
You should know that.  You said you had kids ;)
Remember who broke the Slice news

Poison

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2013, 12:51:32 AM »
It doesn't matter whether or not Gift is sitting because Lavin expected to have Sanchez. They play the same position. It should be completely obvious to anyone that can think that this was a gigantic error in judgement.

And frankly, IDK what players you guys were watching last year, but Gift was the 3rd best on St.John's.

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2013, 12:57:14 AM »
At this point in the NCAA vs Orlando Sanchez and the Gods Gift redshirt fiascos, does any one realy believe that Lavin's decision to redshirt Gift had anything to do with Mr. Sanchez's eligibility? If the word came from the NCAA back in November that the odds were stacked against us with regards to Sanchez's eligibility, would Lavin have realy red shirted Gift and taken such a chance to have a depleted front line if the decision was not already set in stone to red shirt him? Come on ow even the most blatant homer here or gullible individual would have to question the whole thing.   My take is that Coach Lavin never had any intention of playing Gift this year no matter what Sanchez's status was.  If that was his decision, then that was his decision, but why mislead people to believe that it was based on Sanchez's status? 

1. If Orlando is eligible with half the season left, great, Gift stays redshirted and we potentially win more games then we would have.

2. If Sanchez does not become eligible, Gift still stays redshirted with the excuse of why waste him this year.

One as to believe that a deal was made with Gift from the get go re his desire to gain graduate credits or a degree.  Which by the way, I see nothing wrong with.  I just dont like feeling misled by the process.

What did Lavin say that would make anyone believe Gift's redshirt was based on Sanchez's status? Or do you just make this stuff up as you go along?

No offense but are you limited?

This is why you annoy people. He didn't personally attack you in any way. You act like you want to have serious conversations, but then you immediately resort to name calling as soon as someone disagrees with you.

So saying to me that I just make stuff up is not a personal attack?  Those who are annoyed here are those who can't take the fact that someone with the screen name " Linda" may have more knowledge on a subject or be more on the ball then they are. My post was based on an opinion from everything I read and have heard and I am entitled to that. However, I am not the one who attacks anyone here.

No it's not a personal attack because you were making it up. You posted as if Lavin personally said that the Gift redshirt was because of Sanchez which is not true. You may have been led to believe it was the case by members on this board, but not by Lavin personally which is what you said in your original post.

Perhaps you need to re read the post.  I never stated that Lavin personally stated anything.  What I did state in a subsequent post was that Lavin did nothing to state otherwise.  If you were to read all of the blogs, ESPN commentaries and listen to the game commentators, not one stated that Lavin was redshirting Gift to give him graduate credits or for depth next year, they all stated that Gifts playing ths year was directly related to Sanchez's eligibility. Again, Lavin never came out and contradicted that thought at all. 

SJUFAN

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2013, 12:59:09 AM »
It doesn't matter whether or not Gift is sitting because Lavin expected to have Sanchez. They play the same position. It should be completely obvious to anyone that can think that this was a gigantic error in judgement.

And frankly, IDK what players you guys were watching last year, but Gift was the 3rd best on St.John's.

Maybe so, but he will be the 2nd best center on next years team and we will need his size, even if its only for 10 minutes a game.

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2013, 12:59:20 AM »

Make stuff up? Every discussion to date with coach Lavin and everyone on all of these sites equated the two conditions.  Do you not see that?  No offense but are you limited?

I don't give two $hits what is discussed on message boards. When did Lavin say it? Your a clown, answer the question.........or are you limited?

I guess you dont read espn commentaries or local news as it was stated on numerous times. You are a bafoon that uses insults to make a point as your points contain no substance. And it's "you're a clown" not your a clown.

Its also KoolAid not Koolade
You should know that.  You said you had kids ;)

Yea but always gave mt kids apple juice.  Too much sugar in KoolAid. They were hyper as it was.  Ha ha

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2013, 12:59:36 AM »

This is why you annoy people. He didn't personally attack you in any way. You act like you want to have serious conversations, but then you immediately resort to name calling as soon as someone disagrees with you.

So saying to me that I just make stuff up is not a personal attack?  Those who are annoyed here are those who can't take the fact that someone with the screen name " Linda" may have more knowledge on a subject or be more on the ball then they are. My post was based on an opinion from everything I read and have heard and I am entitled to that. However, I am not the one who attacks anyone here.

No it's not a personal attack because you were making it up. You posted as if Lavin personally said that the Gift redshirt was because of Sanchez which is not true. You may have been led to believe it was the case by members on this board, but not by Lavin personally which is what you said in your original post.

Perhaps you need to re read the post.  I never stated that Lavin personally stated anything.  What I did state in a subsequent post was that Lavin did nothing to state otherwise.  If you were to read all of the blogs, ESPN commentaries and listen to the game commentators, not one stated that Lavin was redshirting Gift to give him graduate credits or for depth next year, they all stated that Gifts playing ths year was directly related to Sanchez's eligibility. Again, Lavin never came out and contradicted that thought at all. 

His job description doesn't involve contradicting something that someone posts on Johnny Jungle.

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2013, 01:00:20 AM »

4th. Amir surpassed him IMO.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2013, 01:03:24 AM »
So now I am absolutely convinced that "Linda Mirabella" is "realfan."

Realfan?  Is he a poster in Redmen.com?

SJUFAN

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2013, 01:07:15 AM »

So because Lavin didn't contradict third party statements must mean its true?!?!?!? Do you realize how silly that sounds? He also didn't contradict the Mayan prophecies so I guess that was true as well, but wait.....we're still here. How could that be? :idiot2:
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 01:08:43 AM by STJFAN »

Poison

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2013, 01:09:25 AM »

It's a close call. Amir did improve as the season progressed. But this year?

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2013, 01:13:18 AM »

It's a close call. Amir did improve as the season progressed. But this year?

I cant compare him to gift this year, but I think Amir has gotten better. He doesn't get as many opportunities but hes gotten better. His rebounding and finishing in particular.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2013, 01:17:33 AM »

Amir is a 6'6" small forward.  Do you rely believe that he is the answer at "center" on any kind of regular basis? Especially against some of the monsters in our league. At least Gift as the body to compete.  With some minimal improvement, I realy believe that Gift would have made a difference this year.  After all he did average over 9 points a ame last season.

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2013, 01:23:36 AM »

It's not Lavin's job to do that. He was quoted as saying it had to do with Gift's academics.

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2013, 01:37:15 AM »

It's not Lavin's job to do that. He was quoted as saying it had to do with Gift's academics.

No but it is Lavins job to be forthright in his dealings with the fan base and all supporters of the program.  If you can tell me where or when he stated that , I would appreciate that as I had never heard him say that and That would certainly make me feel better about the whole thing.

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2013, 01:45:10 AM »

No but it is Lavins job to be forthright in his dealings with the fan base and all supporters of the program.  If you can tell me where or when he stated that , I would appreciate that as I had never heard him say that and That would certainly make me feel better about the whole thing.

And yes Lavin actually did say exactly that regarding the graduate degree:

"And with Gift, he's in a position where he can graduate in December - and then be done with his Master's [degree] at the end of his fifth year. So he's also unique from that standpoint. He's a scholar. As a result, he sees some of the value - not only working on his game, but walking from St. John's with not only his undergraduate but his MBA."

MCNPA

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2013, 04:49:04 AM »

No, that is where you are wrong.  It is not Lavin's job to update the fan base on all eligibility issues of recruits or players nor the reasons behinds all of s decisions.  Most coaches are much less forthright than Lavin.  You won't see most d1 coaches giving explanations for anything with regards to their roster management.  Just because some idiot on a message board demands transparency doesn't mean that they are owed anything.  Only thing Lwvin is paid for is to win games.  Whether you agree with his decision making is your business but he doesn't have to explain his rationale to you. Most coaches don't.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2013, 09:45:58 AM »
I think the logical thing to do after this debacle is fire Lavin and recruit coach K. I really think we can get him.
Cougar O' Malley

desco80

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2013, 11:42:57 AM »

I'm speechless.   No way in hell.
I would put Jamal White and Sam Sealey ahead of Gift. 

« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2013, 11:46:22 AM »

No, that is where you are wrong.  It is not Lavin's job to update the fan base on all eligibility issues of recruits or players nor the reasons behinds all of s decisions.  Most coaches are much less forthright than Lavin.  You won't see most d1 coaches giving explanations for anything with regards to their roster management.  Just because some idiot on a message board demands transparency doesn't mean that they are owed anything.  Only thing Lwvin is paid for is to win games.  Whether you agree with his decision making is your business but he doesn't have to explain his rationale to you. Most coaches don't.

Ah, but the true idiots on a fan site are those who believe in a system or coaching staff unconditionally while they are being raked over the coals by lies an innuendo, but we all know that would never happen here. ::)

Moose

« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2013, 11:51:35 AM »

I'm speechless.   No way in hell.
I would put Jamal White and Sam Sealey ahead of Gift. 

Exaggerate much?
Remember who broke the Slice news