Cav to transfer?

• 24 replies

Randomhero423

Cav to transfer?
« on: April 18, 2008, 08:11:24 AM »
Heard this from another message board...

"word is that it is a done deal.... signed his release and College of the Holy Cross I'm hearing.

If he leaves to go to Holy Cross, he'll have just as many high paid alums to hook up with to get a job after graduation as if he stayed at SJU."

it was mentioned in the daily news as well as a possiblity.  i wouldn't be surprised. 

Re: Cav to transfer?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 11:17:34 AM »
yes, he signed his release today.  HC is not the only school he's talking to but it's high on his list.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 12:36:13 PM »
Well, good for Cav; he would have been a bench player for St. John's for most of his career.  It's a volatile market for players, it's a good move for him.  Is he looking mostly at east coast schools? 

mkras99

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 01:29:04 PM »
Well, good for Cav; he would have been a bench player for St. John's for most of his career.  It's a volatile market for players, it's a good move for him.  Is he looking mostly at east coast schools? 

Peter, is theastcoastbias your blog?

kjd01067

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 01:38:43 PM »
Im sorry to see him leave.  Loved the kids intensity and think he could have been a decent backup as a junior/senior.  Can't say that I wouldnt have made the same move in his position though.  Good luck Cav I hope you make us regret losing you.

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 01:44:32 PM »

Peter, is theastcoastbias your blog?

Yes it is
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 01:48:50 PM »
I just think this is just an easy way out. Too many people are just wanting easy options. So Cav was playing in the Big East an opportunity that will never arise for him again as he is definitely going to a much lesser conference now. Sure he had a tougher road ahead of him here if he wanted to see time with guys like Larry, Mase, Paris, DJ, and guys who are on the way but if I can quote Robert Frost "Two roads diverged in a wood and I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference"

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 02:35:26 PM »
I just think this is just an easy way out. Too many people are just wanting easy options. So Cav was playing in the Big East an opportunity that will never arise for him again as he is definitely going to a much lesser conference now. Sure he had a tougher road ahead of him here if he wanted to see time with guys like Larry, Mase, Paris, DJ, and guys who are on the way but if I can quote Robert Frost "Two roads diverged in a wood and I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference"

your right...gotta wait your turn for some burn.

Randomhero423

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2008, 04:33:11 PM »
i think he made the right choice.  but it def wasn't an easy one

i think a school like davidson would be good for him too.

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2008, 07:27:36 AM »
Loved his heart.  He played some good minutes for us down the stretch last year.  I would have liked to see him develop over the next three years.  He'll be good, wherever he winds up.

kob24

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2008, 05:24:58 PM »
there was no reason why cav shouldnt have been redshirted

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2008, 07:46:08 PM »

Spare me the Robert Frost...he has a better chance of sniffing the Big Dance with Holy Cross. Notwithstanding a missed free throw with time running out by Scranton's own Pat Doherty, the Crusaders would have played a conference chip game to get in. Not sure if it was mentioned or if so, whether it matters but being the only white kid on a team couldve been instrumental. He is better served playing for Holy Cross, if thats the "road" he chooses. "If the shortcut (road less trveled) was that good it would just be the way."  -any townie schmo in America

HTGS_says_shutup

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2008, 04:30:17 PM »
there was no reason why cav shouldnt have been redshirted

the reason he wasnt redshirted was because "Public Enemy No. 1" (me) reported the news that he was indeed transferring.  Norm, upset by me reporting this, decided not to redshirt him. :)

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2008, 07:36:22 PM »
the reason he wasnt redshirted was because "Public Enemy No. 1" (me) reported the news that he was indeed transferring.  Norm, upset by me reporting this, decided not to redshirt him. Smiley

Now, that is the coach I want to lead my BE bball program.  A coach to make decisions based on leaks through the net.  We have a real winner folks!!!! What an oxynice person that is..hahahaha

We are doomed until that joke leaves this program!

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2008, 12:10:15 AM »
i think he was joking.....
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2008, 12:19:31 AM »

I think he was serious.....he really believes Norm counters based on his posts like he is his arch nemesis

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2008, 02:34:52 AM »
i hear its pretty much a lock of cavataio goin to holy cross

HTGS_says_shutup

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2008, 10:28:40 AM »

I think he was serious.....he really believes Norm counters based on his posts like he is his arch nemesis

i was really called "Public Enemy Number 1" by Roberts.

It's flattering he thinks that highly of me, especially with the likes of Jim Calhoun, Jay Wright, JT3, Jim Boeheim, Rick Pitino and others in the Big East.

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2008, 10:29:42 AM »
i hear its pretty much a lock of cavataio goin to holy cross

He should do well there

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2008, 11:37:19 AM »
will be interesting to hear what that dood Theo Rabinowitz is called after Norm reads his article  ;D ;D
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap