Is NCAA tourn in reach?

• 69 replies

TONYD3

Re: Is NCAA tourn in reach?
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2013, 01:45:04 PM »
Marco is not as good as Fred lyson. Fred lyson wouldn't deserve any minutes on this team .
Felix plays hard and does some good things, he doesn't play much because Greene is better.
If jones wants to rebound and play defense we could use him .
Those are my thoughts

« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2013, 05:31:03 PM »
Lunardi has us #57 on the S-curve.

« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2013, 06:24:18 PM »
I feel dirty even thinking about this because they desperately need to win these next two games. But IF they win these two games coming up. 18-19 wins would have them in the conversation.

TONYD3

« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2013, 07:03:09 PM »
 We have more talent and better coaches. If we lose the next to it is a problem. These should be easy wins.

Poison

« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2013, 07:09:42 PM »
Marco is not as good as Fred lyson. Fred lyson wouldn't deserve any minutes on this team .
Felix plays hard and does some good things, he doesn't play much because Greene is better.
If jones wants to rebound and play defense we could use him .
Those are my thoughts

With a pg Lyson was very good. W out one, he was awful. If Lyson wouldn't get any burn here how can we expect Max Hooper to?

desco80

« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2013, 07:46:59 PM »
We have more talent and better coaches. If we lose the next to it is a problem. These should be easy wins.

Have any games this year been easy wins?   South Carolina, maybe St Francis.    Seton Hall and DePaul are much better than both those teams.  This won't be easy. 

We need to be very careful these next two games, that we're focused and not looking too far ahead. 

paultzman

« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2013, 07:48:14 PM »

Have any games this year been easy wins?   South Carolina, maybe St Francis.    Seton Hall and DePaul are much better than both those teams.  This won't be easy. 

We need to be very careful these next two games, that we're focused and not looking too far ahead. 

Not good enough to look past anyone.

« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2013, 08:52:08 PM »
Gotta win the next 2.  In addition, if we are in a favorable spot at the end of the season, this is the type of team with the depth and talent to be able to win the BET if we get a bye somehow.  Let's just beat Seton Hall and see what happens.
Yeah and after we win the BET we can pull a Uconn and win 6 more and be National Champions. Simple enough. ???

You think it's impossible to win the big east tournament?  I don't.  This year is wide open.  We have more depth than ever and are getting better all the time.  Uconn did something that seasons that was unprecedented.  I don't think that will happen.  I think we might be able to make the BET finals though if we keep moving st this pace.

Sustained success is going to require that we shoot FTs much better...Villanova salted away their W over Louisville on the line...Rice had his team fouling us for the last 10 minutes...luckily we started hitting at end or the W may have been at risk

« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2013, 08:54:57 PM »
We can win without the 3.

However Free Throws could be the death of us.
+1000

desco80

« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2013, 09:45:40 PM »
We can win without the 3.

However Free Throws could be the death of us.

I agree with you free throws should be a higher priority than 3s.

But, really, you can win without being good at lot of things.   
Syracuse doesn't shoot foul shots well, but they only give up 58 pts a game, and out rebound their opponents by 8. 
Marquette gives up a lot of 3s (like us), but they're a great foul shooting team.

Statistically we do two things well, block shots and don't turn it over a lot. 
That's not enough for sustained success.   

I'll go back to something I said after the Rutgers loss: we're not that far away from being a good team, but we need to get just a little bit better at everything. 
Maybe 2 more offensive rebounds per game, give up one less three, make just 2 more foul shots than we are now.... Little things add up.   

The good thing is, that's what happens with experience...  You start getting 1 or 2 more of everything. 
That's how we'll win.   We're not going to be 75% foul shooters.  We can live with being 66% (we're 62% now) if we do everything else just a tad better.