Larry Wright almost has left the building....

• 48 replies
Larry Wright almost has left the building....
« on: April 19, 2008, 09:51:35 PM »
We've all thought it, we've all talked about it but now its finally happening....Larry Wright transfers from St. John's.

Edit: This is not official news yet. Larry has stated he is transferring but it is not official.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 06:52:01 PM by JJ »
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: Larry Wright has left the building....
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 10:17:31 PM »
We've all thought it, we've all talked about it but now its finally happening....Larry Wright transfers from St. John's.

Care to elaborate please ?
Rumour ?
Has he spoke to the staff ?
Has he been granted a release ?
Is there a new destination already picked ?
If you cant elaborate please mention same.
Thank you.

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 12:00:32 AM »
Now it's time for me to blow my lid, Norm must go F@#$ Him, You can delete this thread but its over F him. I grew up with this program and Norm has to go. No recruits and now larry and cav trans

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 12:13:28 AM »
What you said.  I don't get into the nasty stuff about the coach, but I think it's not too late to fire him. 

Larry should go join Bielein in Michigan, someone who appreciates a guy who can shoot.

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 06:34:53 AM »
Messed up... severly.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

pmg911

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 08:54:06 AM »
Messed up... severly.

Choz. .  everyone here seems to respect your views and opinions very much...   care to elaborate on what is messed up..?

The coach letting it come to this..?
Larry deciding to leave..?
The current state of the program..?

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2008, 09:45:56 AM »
Norm's major fault in my opinion is that he is too honest with these kids. He lets them know what they need to do to earn playing time. Larry at 6'ft needed work on his handle and defense. Most of these kids have always been the stars on any team they played on. Now when their talent alone can not carry them they run. Larry see Paris and DJ as solid competition for his spot.

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 09:48:09 AM »
This is an absolute joke.  Pathetic.  With two open scholarships, Norm couldn't find anyone to fill the shoes of Calhoun.  Now, two more jump ship.

If my kid wanted to play ball for the school, I would tell him to look elsewhere.  Anywhere.

Over and out.

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008, 09:53:17 AM »
All kidding aside, how can we even field a team next year?  Last year we barely had enough talent to compete, now we certainly don't have enough bodies.  Can't say I blame them for transferring, but I suppose the question now is "what happens next?"

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2008, 10:08:36 AM »
What should happen is that the joke of an A.D. should step up and let norm go, enough is enough we are a joke as a program. We honestly have to look at leaving the big east our program is now a mid level a 10 at best. You guys can say we'll be back but look at the admin. they don't care it's over.

Randomhero423

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2008, 10:22:54 AM »
#$%^ norm roberts.

Poison

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2008, 10:42:09 AM »
All kidding aside, how can we even field a team next year?  Last year we barely had enough talent to compete, now we certainly don't have enough bodies.  Can't say I blame them for transferring, but I suppose the question now is "what happens next?"

What happens next? Step into my office Norm...

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2008, 11:04:26 AM »
if norm is fired now. who is there to go after?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2008, 11:26:26 AM »
Well I got this info from a solid source who wouldn't spread gossip unless it was fact which is why I felt it proper to post. There is no official word of whether he has signed his walking papers or not or has just told the coach he is transferring but I was told he is leaving. I know Larry was seriously contemplating transferring for a while now which is why I was so animate to kill the transfer talk and rather talk about our appreciate of Larry. He openly talked to students about his displeasure and thoughts of jumping ship.

The more I find out the more I will let you know. Perhaps there is some wiggle room left to convince him to stay and this is what I'm trying to figure out but as far as I know right now he is gone. If for some reason I was lied to I apologize because it is never my intention to spread gossip but I know the person who told me personally and he is not the type of person to tell me stuff that is either untrue or uncertain.

Also the site update has been put slightly on hold for a few more days as Larry was going to be featured on the new site banner so I have to redo everything.

sjd8886

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2008, 01:34:16 PM »
the school is a joke...every year we dont get players, or dont have them qualify, or have them transfer...the 2003 scandal was bad and i hate jarvis as much as the next guy, but norm is doing a much worse job at coach than jarvis ever did...on the court hes much worse, recruiting he is much worse, dealing with his recruits and players, he is much worse (and i know how that sounds considering what happened in 2003 but its true)....i know hes a nice guy so when its all said and done i hope hes blessed and declared a saint by the catholic church...i go to fordham, i see DW all the time, the guy is very nice and polite and fun to talk to, prob just like norm, but the guy can also coach and recruit....norm has no business being the head coach of this team anymore, ABSOLUTELY NONE...get him the hell out of here...if this school wants a coach, it can have it, go throw some money at someone....its late but better late than never, we could still sign a few players and keep the ones we got if they announce a new coach

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2008, 02:23:25 PM »
Messed up... severly.

Choz. .  everyone here seems to respect your views and opinions very much...   care to elaborate on what is messed up..?

The coach letting it come to this..?
Larry deciding to leave..?
The current state of the program..?

That it come to this.
Messed up in the most severe.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2008, 04:55:18 PM »
this is such sh!t. norms a terrible coach and we have a jack@$$ for an AD who thinks he is the second coming of christ. way to let one of our most talented players walk away! thank you once again norm!!!!
We Not Me

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2008, 05:15:04 PM »
just a sad state of affairs
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2008, 06:32:27 PM »
Ok I just found out this is not "official" yet but is likely to happen. So we need to pull hard to keep Larry here because we need him and we are all fans of his.

Re: Larry Wright almost has left the building....
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2008, 06:56:16 PM »
ok so I started a facebook group where Larry can and will see what you say. It would be nice if you guys joined up and would state your appreciation of Larry and what he brings to St. John's.

"St. John's Loves Larry Wright" is the group.