Jamal Branch injury

• 80 replies

MCNPA

Re: Jamal Branch injury
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2013, 11:24:36 PM »
Tim Duncan suffered an eerily similar injury tonight.

His teammate also pushed a player into his knee?

Another reason we should be happy when Harrison leaves.

Who is our replacement for Harrison for us to be so happy?  I don't want to see him leave.  He's a good player.  We just need more who can score when he isn't. 

Moose

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2013, 11:26:20 PM »

Who is our replacement for Harrison for us to be so happy?  I don't want to see him leave.  He's a good player.  We just need more who can score when he isn't. 

Sarcasm Marcus.  You should know better coming from me.  I rip those who rip Harrison with the same passion that Carmine has for sticking up for Greene.
Remember who broke the Slice news

MCNPA

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2013, 11:32:01 PM »

Sarcasm Marcus.  You should know better coming from me.  I rip those who rip Harrison with the same passion that Carmine has for sticking up for Greene.

Yeah moose, didn't pick up on it.   I actually didn't look at the poster when I responded lol.  Was surprised by the comment. Fwiw, I like Greene and think he's more solid than most realize.   Certainly should see s minutes drop to about 16-20 per game,  but now that Branch is injured, who knows?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 11:33:46 PM by MCNPA »

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2013, 12:38:42 AM »
Harrison ain't going anywhere.  And to say that Harrison "pushed" Lubick into him is a joke.  Lubick was out of control and Branch was in a bad spot.  Unlucky for us, because we are going to struggle like crazy without having Branch involved in the offense.

Hope the MRI report comes back favorably and that we only lose him for a few games.

Marillac

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2013, 01:29:15 AM »
He was carried off to locker room

Yeah
About 45 minutes after he got hurt.

That's even worse

My guess is he's back against Syracuse. 

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2013, 01:33:12 AM »
Given how the injury looked, I think we'd all sign up for that tomorrow.  Sucks if we don't have him for UCONN though, as our offense is going to take a major hit IMO unless D-Lo/Sampson really go off or we are able to get a lot of points in transition (my confidence in the latter is way down with Branch out).

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2013, 02:08:41 AM »
I actually didnt think it looked too bad, as far as knee injuries go.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

boo3

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2013, 08:50:50 AM »
 He was putting weight on it on the bus.. Need to wait on the MRI though.. Never truly know until that.  Look at Rondo.

MCNPA

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2013, 09:30:10 AM »
Fwiw, if you watched the video, he seemed to roll his ankle outward.  Mechanism of action for something like and ACL tear is usually turning foot in (internal rotation).  External rotation more likely to strain or tear collateral ligament, although strain more common.  Whether he can bear weight is of little importance as one can have several torn ligaments and still walk with only mild or moderate pain, depending on the person and extent.  Hopefully it is just a strain.  MRI really only definitive thing anyway, so hopefully he improves.  Even with strain, I doubt he'll be back for uconn but who knows?

Foad

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2013, 10:27:19 AM »
to say that Harrison "pushed" Lubick into him is a joke.  Lubick was out of control and Branch was in a bad spot.

Nonsense. Harrison absolutely shoved Lubick and the shove absolutely caused Lubick to fall into Branch's leg.

« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2013, 11:06:40 AM »
to say that Harrison "pushed" Lubick into him is a joke.  Lubick was out of control and Branch was in a bad spot.

Nonsense. Harrison absolutely shoved Lubick and the shove absolutely caused Lubick to fall into Branch's leg.

I'm sure it was intentional.  DLo and Branch hate each other and DLo was looking for a way to take Branch out.  Worked perfectly.

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2013, 12:56:22 PM »
Hahaha. That was one of the best responses I've ever read.

paultzman

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2013, 11:34:51 AM »
The outlook for point guard Jamal Branch, who suffered a sprained left knee in Saturday’s loss at Georgetown, is good. Branch did not need to undergo any advanced testing, such as an MRI or X-ray, and continued to keep ice on the knee to reduce swelling. Although he was using crutches to keep weight off the joint and minimize pain, he is considered day-to--day.

lenn.robbins@nypo

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2013, 11:49:00 AM »
The outlook for point guard Jamal Branch, who suffered a sprained left knee in Saturday’s loss at Georgetown, is good. Branch did not need to undergo any advanced testing, such as an MRI or X-ray, and continued to keep ice on the knee to reduce swelling. Although he was using crutches to keep weight off the joint and minimize pain, he is considered day-to--day.

lenn.robbins@nypo

praise
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

boo3

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2013, 11:51:15 AM »
 Great news. He probably sits against Uconn though.   Just guessing.

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2013, 12:43:34 PM »
Wow awesome news. We still got a shot

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2013, 12:46:52 PM »
Its to bad hell miss a game in which we'll truly need him and is very winnable.  Hope his recovery  goes well and hes ready to beat the vaunted 2-3 of cuse.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2013, 01:06:15 PM »
I hope Lenn has it right.  The way he looked on the sideline and left the court and the bench had me braced for the worst.

« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2013, 03:46:25 PM »

^^ he is right. If Harrison doesn't push Lubick, which he did, then he would not have fallen on Branch. It clearly wasn't intended to go down like that but fact of the matter is that it did.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2013, 04:25:53 PM »
Is there any update on status of Sanchez? If I am not mistaken, he was at the last home game?