2013 Bracketology Watch Thread

• 154 replies
Re: 2013 Bracketology Watch Thread
« Reply #140 on: February 27, 2013, 04:05:20 PM »
Some teams actually do win their conference tournament. ;)

Vast majority dont ;)
And we all know we are in the vast majority the vast majority of the time. :)

« Reply #141 on: February 28, 2013, 08:23:41 PM »
Detroit and Temple are locked in a good one.  A Detroit win would help us in two ways.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 08:26:04 PM by STJ11Redmen »

« Reply #142 on: March 02, 2013, 07:18:03 PM »
Lot of Bubble teams going down tonight.

Kentucky, Ole Miss, Arizona St., Indiana St. and Alabama all lost today.

Temple and Maryland picked up wins.

« Reply #143 on: March 02, 2013, 07:28:28 PM »

Yep, noticed that as well. Need to find a way to win tonight

paultzman

« Reply #144 on: March 02, 2013, 07:33:15 PM »

Yep, noticed that as well. Need to find a way to win tonight

Forgive Harrison

« Reply #145 on: March 02, 2013, 09:13:18 PM »
Kansas state with a crazy buzzer beater over baylor.

LJSA

« Reply #146 on: March 02, 2013, 09:16:08 PM »
I think if Baylor was on the bubble, they just got popped. The problem is that they killed us earlier in the season, though.

« Reply #147 on: March 03, 2013, 12:09:30 AM »
Tie game one second left Baylor 94 ft away throws length of court out of bounds now K ST under own basket inbounds hits open 3 pt at buzzer!

paultzman

« Reply #148 on: March 03, 2013, 07:43:41 AM »
As we evaluate this season, can say we were a bubble team this year, unless we win out? I don't think so. Seton Hall was a bubble team last year, not us as we now stand. When judging Coach Lavin's tenure thus far, is it fair to say;

Year One - NCAA Tourney and solid season with senior laden roster. Promising recruiting class.

Year Two - Unfortunate illness and eligibility problems with an extremely young and limited(numbers)team. Another solid recruiting class. No post season, as expected.

Year Three - Eligibility issue, resulting in loss of key player, early season losses to inferior teams, season ending suspension of leading scorer. No NCCA Tourney, hopefully NIT. Recruiting??

Year Four - Fair to say expectation of NCAA bid? It is not heresy to have concerns going forward. Roster imbalance, young team, etc, yes, but I certainly expect a stable, competitive program next year and consistent for years to come. We are paying staff top dollar to do that. Call me a pessimist, but I am not totally confident this staff will achieve that. Hope I am wrong.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 08:04:15 AM by paultzman »

« Reply #149 on: March 03, 2013, 08:20:09 AM »
As we evaluate this season, can say we were a bubble team this year, unless we win out? I don't think so. Seton Hall was a bubble team last year, not us as we now stand. When judging Coach Lavin's tenure thus far, is it fair to say;

Year One - NCAA Tourney and solid season with senior laden roster. Promising recruiting class.

Year Two - Unfortunate illness and eligibility problems with an extremely young and limited(numbers)team. Another solid recruiting class. No post season, as expected.

Year Three - Eligibility issue, resulting in loss of key player, early season losses to inferior teams, season ending suspension of leading scorer. No NCCA Tourney, hopefully NIT. Recruiting??

Year Four - Fair to say expectation of NCAA bid? It is not heresy to have concerns going forward. Roster imbalance, young team, etc, yes, but I certainly expect a stable, competitive program next year and consistent for years to come. We are paying staff top dollar to do that. Call me a pessimist, but I am not totally confident this staff will achieve that. Hope I am wrong.

In my opinion, anything less than an NCAA berth next year is a complete and total failure by this staff. Unless we lose JaKarr to the NBA (which is looking doubtful), this is going to be a team loaded w/ juniors and sophomores who should have the experience necessary to make the leap.

If not next year, then St. John's fans need to ask themselves this question: Are they satisfied w/ making the tourney once every 4 years?

« Reply #150 on: March 03, 2013, 08:33:09 AM »

Pretty reasonable and fair.

I think we are making the NCAA's no matter what next year. Just my gut. I think even without Harrison it's going to be a real good year and with Harrison it can be special.

This is the equivalent of Jay Wrights breakout year.

This year the recruiting was a bomb. Ok it happens. Luckily not a lot of schollies to give anyway but going forward we need to pick up the pace. Early commits from the 15 class that KOB has mentioned could be huge for us would be great and also something in the way of a shooter for either this year or the 14 class would be nice

« Reply #151 on: March 03, 2013, 12:59:51 PM »

Pretty reasonable and fair.

I think we are making the NCAA's no matter what next year. Just my gut. I think even without Harrison it's going to be a real good year and with Harrison it can be special.

This is the equivalent of Jay Wrights breakout year.

This year the recruiting was a bomb. Ok it happens. Luckily not a lot of schollies to give anyway but going forward we need to pick up the pace. Early commits from the 15 class that KOB has mentioned could be huge for us would be great and also something in the way of a shooter for either this year or the 14 class would be nice

I buy a lottery ticket twice a week.

paultzman

« Reply #152 on: March 10, 2013, 10:04:00 PM »
“@JonRothstein: Two fmr Rick Pitino assistants, Steve Masiello (Manhattan) and Richard Pitino (FIU), will coach for a bid to the NCAA Tournament on Monday.”

Moose

« Reply #153 on: March 10, 2013, 11:20:19 PM »
“@JonRothstein: Two fmr Rick Pitino assistants, Steve Masiello (Manhattan) and Richard Pitino (FIU), will coach for a bid to the NCAA Tournament on Monday.”

Two up and comers.
Remember who broke the Slice news

LJSA

« Reply #154 on: March 11, 2013, 03:13:33 AM »

Two up and comers.

Would both want the Louisville job when Sr. retires?