Its Official - Wright & Cavataio gone..

• 37 replies

kob24

Re: Its Official - Wright & Cavataio gone..
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2008, 08:39:38 PM »
when i spoke with him he wasnt leaving i guess it he was tired of being the beat up boy. we all saw it coming

pmg911

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2008, 08:40:38 PM »
i know the truth ive known for a while. and i know where he is going but i am not allowed to say yet

Wait a second. . you have known for a while..?  how long is "a while.."

About a month ago you said no one was leaving..
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 08:41:07 PM by pmg911 »

sjd8886

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2008, 08:51:38 PM »
we might not hit double digit wins next year...also, i just hope burrell doesnt bail now that the ship just took on more water

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2008, 11:15:29 AM »
I asked a few weeks ago who's done more harm to their respective teams, Isiah Thomas or Norm Roberts. At this point, you can call it a dead heat! 2 more transfers! One of our only really clutch players and a fan favorite is gone along with a kid that had potential but never saw the light of day. I don't care if they weren't "Big East material" they wee both good kids who when they played, played hard. Isn't that what NYC basketball is all about? Playing tough, hard nosed basketball? I'll take kids with heart anyday!
I for the life of me cannot figure out why NR is still drawing a salary at SJU. Does he have dirt on FH? Is FH so damn scared to fire this clown that he kisses his ass and writes a blank check? Don't kill me but could it be a political correctness thing? There really is no excuse anymore. I thought we might save a shred of dignity by firing clueless Norm at the end of last year's campaign, but then they give hi an extension! I nearly fell out of my chair. The mismanagement of this team has nearly destroyed the tradition of 100 years of SJU basketball. A HUGE accomplishment when you think about it. Every day we keep this mistake, we fall deeper and deeper into the abyss and our 100 year legacy is tarnished. Thanks Father Harrington!

pmg911

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2008, 01:26:53 PM »
I asked a few weeks ago who's done more harm to their respective teams, Isiah Thomas or Norm Roberts. At this point, you can call it a dead heat! 2 more transfers! One of our only really clutch players and a fan favorite is gone along with a kid that had potential but never saw the light of day. I don't care if they weren't "Big East material" they wee both good kids who when they played, played hard. Isn't that what NYC basketball is all about? Playing tough, hard nosed basketball? I'll take kids with heart anyday!
I for the life of me cannot figure out why NR is still drawing a salary at SJU. Does he have dirt on FH? Is FH so damn scared to fire this clown that he kisses his ass and writes a blank check? Don't kill me but could it be a political correctness thing? There really is no excuse anymore. I thought we might save a shred of dignity by firing clueless Norm at the end of last year's campaign, but then they give hi an extension! I nearly fell out of my chair. The mismanagement of this team has nearly destroyed the tradition of 100 years of SJU basketball. A HUGE accomplishment when you think about it. Every day we keep this mistake, we fall deeper and deeper into the abyss and our 100 year legacy is tarnished. Thanks Father Harrington!

I agree with a lot of what you are saying...

One thing though.. 

Norm Roberts has not signed an extension beyond next season...

kob24

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2008, 05:01:41 PM »
i know the truth ive known for a while. and i know where he is going but i am not allowed to say yet

Wait a second. . you have known for a while..?  how long is "a while.."

About a month ago you said no one was leaving..

during the season he wasnt happy. i found out a little b4 it ended

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2008, 05:19:00 PM »
this is no different than posters who had good info that roberts was leaving at the end of the season.  then pellow goes to a couple of games and roberts stays.

the situations change as we go along.  no more and no less.

kob24

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2008, 08:39:45 PM »
this is no different than posters who had good info that roberts was leaving at the end of the season.  then pellow goes to a couple of games and roberts stays.

i agree with u 100% people mind change. i thought larry was gonna stay i really did but in the end he has to do whats best for him

Thomas Olik

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2008, 10:03:16 PM »

i agree with u 100% people mind change. i thought larry was gonna stay i really did but in the end he has to do whats best for him

Good point.

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2008, 02:41:21 AM »
big rumor on campus is there will be another transfer and that player is justin burrell, its just a rumor tho.

larry wright said he wants to transfer to a big 10, acc, or another big conference school to get more playin time and one of those schools is miami (fl).

Randomhero423

« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2008, 09:26:35 AM »
i hope he goes to miami.  it'll make norm look like a jerk off.

i remember HTGS saying horne is transfering too.  is that true?

if those two are gone...oh my..

HTGS_says_shutup

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2008, 09:58:46 AM »
if JB and Horne transfer it'd really be a "Mass Exodus" then.... :)

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2008, 10:53:40 AM »
Remember Calhoun was deemed as a family problem too wanting to be closer to home(sju campus 1hr from his home) and he went to Kansas
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2008, 11:19:11 AM »
Remember Calhoun was deemed as a family problem too wanting to be closer to home(sju campus 1hr from his home) and he went to Kansas

u mean houston??

Randomhero423

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2008, 11:20:47 AM »
first he went to CC in kansas.

« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2008, 11:21:04 AM »

u mean houston??

He went to JUCO in Barton CC in Great Bend, Kansas
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2008, 11:30:45 AM »

thanks.

u mean houston??

He went to JUCO in Barton CC in Great Bend, Kansas

sjd8886

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2008, 02:03:21 PM »
i hope he goes to miami.  it'll make norm look like a jerk off.

ha