Louisville Game Discussion

• 235 replies
Louisville Game Discussion
« on: February 11, 2013, 08:34:07 PM »
Next/Last chance for a signature win?
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

MCNPA

Re: Louisville Game Discussion
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 08:45:30 PM »

Not quite.  Marquette and Pitt would both be signature wins at this point too.  Both have very good records.  I think we probably match up better with Louisville than we do Cuse.  I didn't think so prior but we always seem to look the same against that Cuse 2-3.  Louisville runs similar style to us.  Will be exciting matchup.  They also don't shoot too well, and have a Harrison equivalent in Russ Smith. They're tough, but we have a shot. 

Marillac

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 08:54:05 PM »

Marquette maybe, but Pitt would be nothing more than a solid win. 

Not quite.  Marquette and Pitt would both be signature wins at this point too.  Both have very good records.  I think we probably match up better with Louisville than we do Cuse.  I didn't think so prior but we always seem to look the same against that Cuse 2-3.  Louisville runs similar style to us.  Will be exciting matchup.  They also don't shoot too well, and have a Harrison equivalent in Russ Smith. They're tough, but we have a shot. 

gman

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 10:59:21 PM »

Pitt is 16, Marquette is 18.  Why would one be signature and the other just solid? 

Moose

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 11:13:37 PM »

Pitt is 16, Marquette is 18.  Why would one be signature and the other just solid? 

Because Marillac said so ;)
Remember who broke the Slice news

Poison

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 12:22:15 AM »
Can't see how we could stop their backcourt. Need Branch badly.

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 10:48:37 AM »
Can't see how we could stop their backcourt. Need Branch badly.
After seeing what the Nova PG and others did to us Siva is scary.  Especially w/o Branch.  Need help from somewhere.  Cmon Refs!  You owe us.

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 11:01:58 PM »
No Lavin

Lavin will miss his second straight game following the death of his father, Albert "Cap" Lavin, this past weekend.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/8943405/steve-lavin-st-john-red-storm-family-miss-louisville-cardinals-game
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Poison

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 11:15:22 PM »
Can't Gene Keady coach this game? He hates the match up zone.

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 12:44:58 PM »
No Lavin

Lavin will miss his second straight game following the death of his father, Albert "Cap" Lavin, this past weekend.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/8943405/steve-lavin-st-john-red-storm-family-miss-louisville-cardinals-game
Most companies I've seen allow 3-4 days and that's not considering what's at stake with this one. Two important games in a row is a bit much to me. There have been kids playing the day they lost siblings.  Sorry for his loss but not our probable loss.

mkras99

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 12:55:20 PM »
No Lavin

Most companies I've seen allow 3-4 days and that's not considering what's at stake with this one. Two important games in a row is a bit much to me. There have been kids playing the day they lost siblings.  Sorry for his loss but not our probable loss.

I get five days.

And, oh yeah, you're a jackass.

paultzman

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2013, 01:00:20 PM »
No Lavin

I get five days.

And, oh yeah, you're a jackass.

Just beat me to it Mkras. How low can you go?

boo3

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2013, 02:02:40 PM »
 I was only a matter of time..

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2013, 02:53:59 PM »
I was only a matter of time..

You can't be surprised as there were people complaining about him not coaching because of freaking cancer last year.

Remember his family is on the other side of the country and his job is in New York. Let the man grieve however he wants.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 03:01:51 PM by redstorm212 »

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2013, 02:56:42 PM »
Not one to use profanity but that's #$%^ed up yo.

in the most extreme.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 02:57:18 PM by Choz4Life »
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

paultzman

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2013, 03:01:05 PM »
“@STJ_Basketball: Update: @STJCoachLavin will return from San Francisco on Sunday night, be back with the #stjbb team on Monday and will coach Wednesday.”

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2013, 03:04:33 PM »
19 point dog

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2013, 03:19:50 PM »
19 point dog

I would take us with that spread. I can't see us losing by that much.

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2013, 03:23:48 PM »
those posters in the know...

any word on Branch?

with him, I think we compete and could have a shot

w/o him - totally different story.

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2013, 03:25:06 PM »
those posters in the know...

any word on Branch?

with him, I think we compete and could have a shot

w/o him - totally different story.