Louisville Game - Player of the Game

• 45 replies

tnice

Re: Louisville Game - Player of the Game
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2013, 05:51:23 PM »
If you look at the first half, when no one else was hitting, Phil came down and made the shots that kept us close.  I didn't even realize how many he scored until after I saw the box score after the game but it just seemed that his buckets were big and came at opportune times.

Phil hit 4 of his last 5 in garbage time. Before that, he was 5 for 13. He was one of the no one elses that werent hitting. He wasnt the #1 goat last night but he is a mess running the point and he never get to the rim.

« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2013, 06:48:45 PM »
If you look at the first half, when no one else was hitting, Phil came down and made the shots that kept us close.  I didn't even realize how many he scored until after I saw the box score after the game but it just seemed that his buckets were big and came at opportune times.

I think Phil played pretty well last night. He didn't seem to fall away as much as normal (I would have to watch it again to verify)...He had a lot of garbage time points when we were just hoping to avoid a 20 point loss...but, aside from him taking 18 shots, I would take last night's performance -- as a 4th scoring option anytime. 
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 06:49:36 PM by section3 »

« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2013, 11:07:16 PM »
A no-brainer.  Mean Joe in a landslide.
Don't get caught up in numbers! His impact was more Negative than positive.
 :(
I don't think he is a better shooter than Marco B.
Announcers Quote "Marco s locked in during practice."
 :o
Greene is gunning like Branch is still runnin the offense!
 :tickedoff:
BTW Marco B. took 4 shots Greene took 18, so did Jakaar and DLO I believe
 ::)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 11:12:27 PM by illscalpya4000 »

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2013, 09:43:10 AM »
A) The outcome of the game was decided when the opening tip was tossed up.  What you are describing as "garbage" time was actually "crunch" time when the only important undecided outcome, the point spread, was being decided.  Those that bet the Johnnies, not to mention anyone with eyes, know that Mean Joe was the star of the game.

B) Phil and D'lo scored all our points in the 1st half.  Was that "garbage" time already?

Debating whether Greene was Pog against Louisville is silly.  If you can't see it than you are a) just clueless about the sport or b) so blinded by hatred for our combo guard that you refuse to see the obvious. 

I'm leaning towards "b".
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 09:44:17 AM by carmineabbatiello »

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2013, 01:56:54 PM »
I give the player of the game to Felix because he didnt do anything to contribute to the loss

« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2013, 02:53:00 PM »
I chose Greene. Best stat line and was the reason it wasn't a 30 point loss. I agree with Carmine. Some of you have preconceived notions about Phil Greene that will not even allow you to give him a Player of the Game vote after a loss when clearly, he is deserving this time.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 02:53:58 PM by redstorm212 »