Sanchez Still in the 2nd Row

• 222 replies
Re: Sanchez Still in the 2nd Row
« Reply #200 on: February 26, 2013, 04:31:30 PM »
Who's more important: Sanchez or Jordan?

Sanchez.

I would say Jordan, unless somehow Sanchez is granted 2 years of eligibility.

If they both stay 1 yr.  Who is more important.

If Sanchez is good enough to start for the Jazz right now why is coming back next year?
Because he wants a degree and could use exposure to prove he's good enough to start for the Jazz. Pretty reasonable

boo3

« Reply #201 on: February 26, 2013, 04:41:55 PM »
 One man's opinion is that he could start for the Jazz. Unless the Jazz are promising to draft him, he'd be smart to play one season of college ball, NCAA willing..

paultzman

« Reply #202 on: February 26, 2013, 04:48:10 PM »
Hyperbole about NBA readiness aside, it is clear he could help us considerably. Case closed.

MCNPA

« Reply #203 on: February 26, 2013, 05:36:19 PM »
I don't care if he's nba-ready.  He deserves to play NCAA ball and we really need a guy in the frontcourt that can rebound, pass and score.  Sanchez would make SJU pretty powerful in the frontcourt next year, and would do a service to himself getting his degree and showing what he can or can't do for NBA scouts.  Add Sanchez, Rysheed, Gift and Hooper to the guys we have now and we are ready to roll out the balls for a big season next year.

Hahahaha

I don't want to ask how you plan on adding all these parts.

Good point.  I think Hooper could possibly walk-on next season to make room for Sanchez.  As for Jordan?  Don't know? Lavin has an offer out.  Don't want to speculate further about transfers and be like.

« Reply #204 on: February 26, 2013, 06:30:31 PM »
Is a 25 year old Sanchez more valuable to this team, next season, than Jermaine Lawrence, a kid who wants to be a 1 and done? On the surface, i would think absolutely.

Absolutely. In fact, if he was only going to get 1 year, it worked out best for the team (not necessarily for Orlando) since, while he would have made us a tournament team this year, next year could be a deep run

« Reply #205 on: February 26, 2013, 06:53:18 PM »
I don't care if he's nba-ready.  He deserves to play NCAA ball and we really need a guy in the frontcourt that can rebound, pass and score.  Sanchez would make SJU pretty powerful in the frontcourt next year, and would do a service to himself getting his degree and showing what he can or can't do for NBA scouts.  Add Sanchez, Rysheed, Gift and Hooper to the guys we have now and we are ready to roll out the balls for a big season next year.

Hahahaha

I don't want to ask how you plan on adding all these parts.

Good point.  I think Hooper could possibly walk-on next season to make room for Sanchez.  As for Jordan?  Don't know? Lavin has an offer out.  Don't want to speculate further about transfers and be like.

Hooper walking on would be enough for both of them. Only need to open one spot.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

paultzman

« Reply #206 on: February 26, 2013, 07:31:47 PM »
“@LennRobbins: Orlando Sanchez on how he got his nickname 'Primo' Having trouble learning names at Monroe, he called everyone Primo...Primo it is #stjbb”

“@LennRobbins: When asked what he would say if he could speak directly to the NCAA, Sanchez said, "Please let me play.'' #stjbb”

« Reply #207 on: February 26, 2013, 08:13:57 PM »
If we're just talking next year, Sanchez would be more important IMO.  Helps our rebounding issues immensely, helps our half court offense as he can knock down the midrange jumper and also passes very well out of the high post.

Jordan is a freak athlete but he really isn't a pure PG or a shooter (both of which we could really use in the backcourt). 
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

Marillac

« Reply #208 on: February 27, 2013, 12:40:12 AM »
If the question is Sanchez or Lawrence...it's Sanchez in a landslide.  24 years old, three years of college, one year with this team, built like a man, rebounds better than Lawrence, and has skill that we need.

Sanchez or Jordan?  Closer, but Id still go with Sanchez for the one year.  I'm not sure how much better a frosh combo would be over a junior Branch...the #51 recruit two years ago. 

SJU79

« Reply #210 on: February 28, 2013, 10:06:52 AM »
Ok again Zags is a nice person becuase I posted that weeks ago...now the good and bad news. The good news I heard this morning that SJU is fairly confident that Orlando will indeed be granted a yr to play next season for SJU(not sure about remainder of this one)..Bad news I also heard Kyle and Jermaine would sign with SJU so take this all for what its worth

ras

« Reply #211 on: February 28, 2013, 10:38:17 AM »
Ok again Zags is a nice person becuase I posted that weeks ago...now the good and bad news. The good news I heard this morning that SJU is fairly confident that Orlando will indeed be granted a yr to play next season for SJU(not sure about remainder of this one)..Bad news I also heard Kyle and Jermaine would sign with SJU so take this all for what its worth
Thanks.

« Reply #212 on: February 28, 2013, 10:41:11 AM »
Ok again Zags is a nice person becuase I posted that weeks ago...

Zags posted a story based on what Orlando said publically when he addressed the media.  He wasn't trying to steal someone's story or base it on sources.

How is that nice personic?  What you wrote doesn't make any sense.

If there was speculation that Rasheed Wallace of the Knick's injury was more serious then they were letting on and then publically the Knicks announced that Wallace would miss the rest of the regular season and Zags and the NY Post and the NY Daily News wrote a story BASED ON WHAT THE KNICKS TOLD THEM PUBLICALLY how in God's name is that nice personic?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 10:55:50 AM by fordham96 »

SJU79

« Reply #213 on: February 28, 2013, 10:58:04 AM »
He is a nice person for many reasons, should you chose to think otherwise for this or any other reason I totally respect your opinion

« Reply #214 on: February 28, 2013, 11:02:43 AM »
He is a nice person for many reasons, should you chose to think otherwise for this or any other reason I totally respect your opinion

But why is he a nice person for this reason?  You clearly wanted to take credit for this and apparently thought he was taking credit for your "scoop."

Or else why else would you choose now to write what you wrote.  You wrote it in the context of what he wrote with regards to what Sanchez publically said.  There is nothing nice personic about it.

Don't hide behind some phony "he is a nice person for several reasons" as a reason why you wrote what you wrote.  You clearly misread what was written and now you are covering your tracks.

Sorry it is pretty obvious what you wrote doesn't make sense.

« Reply #215 on: February 28, 2013, 11:46:29 AM »

i don't get the kyle and jermaine thing?  what do you mean they "would sign"?  they're both gone at this point right?

DFF6

« Reply #216 on: February 28, 2013, 11:56:33 AM »

i don't get the kyle and jermaine thing?  what do you mean they "would sign"?  they're both gone at this point right?

SJU79 is simply stating that what he hears will happen doesn't always transpire.  Regardless, I, among many here, always appreciate his input.

« Reply #217 on: February 28, 2013, 12:13:51 PM »

SJU79 is simply stating that what he hears will happen doesn't always transpire.  Regardless, I, among many here, always appreciate his input.

got it. wasn't reading it appropriately.  thanks.

« Reply #218 on: February 28, 2013, 12:40:17 PM »
zags and "79" have both whiffed on stories.  just put it in that light when they post.  at least they're both entertaining.

bloggers are to pole dancing as real journalism is to the samba.

« Reply #219 on: February 28, 2013, 01:02:06 PM »

But why is he a nice person for this reason?  You clearly wanted to take credit for this and apparently thought he was taking credit for your "scoop."

Or else why else would you choose now to write what you wrote.  You wrote it in the context of what he wrote with regards to what Sanchez publically said.  There is nothing nice personic about it.

Don't hide behind some phony "he is a nice person for several reasons" as a reason why you wrote what you wrote.  You clearly misread what was written and now you are covering your tracks.

Sorry it is pretty obvious what you wrote doesn't make sense.

Who cares?  And thanks for the info 79.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.