Thanks to Dave and the rest of you here , a little insight

• 25 replies
Thanks to Dave and the rest of you here , a little insight
« on: February 25, 2013, 10:20:07 AM »
   I've been a reader of the other forums for years, lost my info  and just used to read until the opened registration a few years ago. Then i found this board a few years ago. I go back and forth and read both. Over the years the redmen.con forums have become unreadable especially after a loss. Yesterday was an embarrassment to fans of this university. People calling each other out, making flame threads, profanities thrown out at each other. I feel for the mods. My point being this board is alot more "to the point". SJU basketball, and everyone checks their attitudes at the door for the more part. Sure there are people who rile others up like Marco and Poison but in all the banter back and forth regardless of the post its all about the team we all love. Differing opinions make taking about sports fun and there is a respect people have here that I appreciate.

That being said, I was really disappointed yesterday at the shooting and lack of offense but I think a pure PG or a combo like Jordan changes alot. If we had a post player like Sanchez and Branch for the whole season the shots from the outside would be alot more uncontested. We lack dribble-drive-kickouts and a low post presence that people need to respect. Hopefully we snag a PG to go along with branch for next year , even a JC would help. I think we need to remember where we were ranked preseason and where we are now. We all want to make the big dance , but an NIT run would gain these kids valuable tourney experience.

Love reading the posts from Choz and CR also, don't get those anywhere else. Thanks for all the work Dave.

for info 89' pharmacy grad.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 10:21:08 AM by valgoth »

Re: Thanks to Dave and the rest of you here , a little insight
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 11:09:24 AM »
I agree, I read both boards but barely post on redmen.com.  I finally lost my cool with the nonsense over there and spoke up about a few of the people on that board who just throw out disparaging nonsense about the team and program yesterday.  I find this board to be more to the point regarding the team and it is much more enjoyable.

jr49

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 11:47:31 AM »
There is stuff going on there that is not normal hoops talk. Maybe it had to hit bottom to get some to relize what's just not normal hoops converstation.

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 11:57:51 AM »
Nah, this board is way to civilized! :) On Redmen they have dueling posts about posters calling each other out and then they called out our very own Moose for not locking each thread judiciously. I am a little jealous, in all my time on these three boards I have never had a thread in my honor. I will have to try harder.

Moose

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 12:00:27 PM »
Nah, this board is way to civilized! :) On Redmen they have dueling posts about posters calling each other out and then they called out our very own Moose for not locking each thread judiciously. I am a little jealous, in all my time on these three boards I have never had a thread in my honor. I will have to try harder.

My bff :)
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 12:08:58 PM »
I was actually the one who called that person out,  all the person does is post nonsense and it is allowed on a daily basis.  That is why I only post here.

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 01:23:57 PM »
I'm 3000 miles from MSG so can only follow STJ on TV. I've noticed that individual post on redmen during ever game. Usually provides a reason why he's not at the game. Could be he's not a STJ student as he claims or has never attended a STJ game

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 01:37:27 PM »
The other board is unreadable right now due largely to a handful of posters who have nothing better to do with their lives than be idiots.

LJSA

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 10:09:47 PM »
It doesn't take much to make a board unreadable. Fortunately for those guys who prefer JJ, the clowns currently F'ing up redmen.com do not post here.

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 10:49:54 PM »
It doesn't take much to make a board unreadable. Fortunately for those guys who prefer JJ, the clowns currently F'ing up redmen.com do not post here.
Dave banned 1 a long time ago if I remember correctly

Poison

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 10:53:26 PM »
There is stuff going on there that is not normal hoops talk. Maybe it had to hit bottom to get some to relize what's just not normal hoops converstation.

That would be a valid point if we didn't have threads about Woody Allen here.

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2013, 10:57:19 PM »
I caught some slack initially for getting rid of a few guys but in the end they were soon forgotten. No one wants to come on here and sift through nonsense. People want information and yes occasionally some civil banter.

A big thanks should go out to each and every one of you for creating the culture that exists here. Truly this community is awesome! Can never say it enough. This season we've had a number of posters step up and contribute in reorganizing a lot of threads that people really enjoy.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 12:01:06 AM »
And thank you Dave for providing this great outlet for the rabid fan.

Nothing makes one a bigger and better fan than reading and writing on a message board.

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2013, 09:36:44 AM »
Dave banned 1 a long time ago if I remember correctly

So Dave ripped off the guy, never gave him his medium t-shirt then banned him. No wonder he has gone crazy over on Redmen.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 10:01:31 AM by we are sju »

boo3

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2013, 09:49:52 AM »
 I know...jeez.. give the kid his medium T, Dave. 

I had to go see what the story was over at Redmen.  Funny reading.  Poor Moose being a Mod over there.  " Do your job!"... that line was my favorite...

I'm curious if the poster that goes by " Miguel" showed up over there around the same time a certain poster over here disappeared? 

Moose

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2013, 09:50:35 AM »
I know...jeez.. give the kid his medium T, Dave. 

I had to go see what the story was over at Redmen.  Funny reading.  Poor Moose being a Mod over there.  " Do your job!"... that line was my favorite...

I'm curious if the poster that goes by " Miguel" showed up over there around the same time a certain poster over here disappeared? 

That was a great line.  Actually I should be doing my job as opposed to posting but we know that's not happening ;)
Remember who broke the Slice news

pmg911

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2013, 01:54:07 PM »
I miss Old Red

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2013, 10:07:36 AM »
Well it looks like Joe the T shirt guy and some others (not sure who?) got themselves banned from Redmen, so I guess we could expect them over here shortly. At the least the answer to the missing T shirt question might finally get resolved.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 10:08:28 AM by we are sju »

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2013, 10:21:31 AM »

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2013, 07:48:58 PM »
Everyone gets a clean slate here and I fully expect the cooperation from new members just as I do the old ones. Two way street. Lets keep discussion driven and focused on basketball and respect one another's opinions. If people fail to do that they'll be shown the door. I don't expect to have any issues because you guys are all great.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle