Harrison suspended rest of the year

• 537 replies
Re: Harrison suspended rest of the year
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2013, 10:35:20 AM »
it's pretty scummy zags had to use harrison's brother's murder rap.  for the record, it's not a murder charge...it's a conviction, and it's not jail...it's prison.
what a fuggin idiot.

plus 1

« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2013, 10:36:28 AM »
According to many here...he was a first round pick. 

Not sure about that.  Most just thought he wouldn't last because he can play in Europe and make more than most 4 yr college graduates.  I don't recall many or any people touting him as a 1st rd pick.

The lead guard BS over the summer and fall was an epic tire pumping.  He is a catch and shoot scorer with a minus attack game.  I was told several months ago there was some dissapointment in Dee's lack of commitment to transform his body. 

That said, I like the kid a lot. When he's going right, that fire is contagious.  Ted's right about is family and their relationship with Lav and Tony.  I just am not sure if they want him back
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 10:38:15 AM by MaineQB »

Moose

« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2013, 10:41:01 AM »
Lavin has to shoulder a lot of blame here.  Lavin to some extend put DLo on a pedestal:
1. Naming him captain
2. Gave him the "Emerald Green Light"
3. Called him our "leader"

The kid's head must've blown up.  All this made him think he was bigger than the team. And it was no secret coming into this season that DLo was volatile, so why classify him as all the above? Did Lavin really think that just being a leading scorer makes you a leader?

I love DLo, and hope he comes back, but this is a two-way street here.

+1. Lavin took our best freshman in a long while and turned him into a useless player. If that's not on the coach who's it on.

NO he took our best freshman and turned him into BE rookie of the year and NBA first round pick

Many would say Dunlap did.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Foad

« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2013, 10:41:07 AM »
Lavin has to shoulder a lot of blame here.  Lavin to some extend put DLo on a pedestal:
1. Naming him captain

The kid's head must've blown up.  All this made him think he was bigger than the team. And it was no secret coming into this season that DLo was volatile, so why classify him as all the above? Did Lavin really think that just being a leading scorer makes you a leader?

+1. Lavin took our best freshman in a long while and turned him into a useless player. If that's not on the coach who's it on.

Dude Norm Roberts isn't coming back.

Dude you're an imbecile.

« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2013, 10:41:14 AM »
where's Dunlap when you need him...

LOL

« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2013, 10:41:28 AM »
there was some dissapointment in Dee's lack of commitment to transform his body.-

Transformed into what? Does anyone understand that?

« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2013, 10:42:19 AM »
1. Naming him captain

NO he took our best freshman and turned him into BE rookie of the year and NBA first round pick

Many said Dunlap ran off Nuri   :)

Moose

« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2013, 10:43:27 AM »
1. Naming him captain

Many said Dunlap ran off Nuri   :)

Agreed.  Dunlap and Dee actually had a good rapport I've been told.  Sometimes oil and vinegar mix.  Go figure.

Foad

« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2013, 10:43:35 AM »
there was some dissapointment in Dee's lack of commitment to transform his body.-

derk

« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2013, 10:46:08 AM »
If things were that bad we might get more out of Marco, Balamou and Branch collectively then what a disgruntled Harrison was giving us anyway.

What are the odds on that.
Moose he has been useless the last 2- 3 games. Maybe it gives Marco a confidence boost knowing that pt is available. Who knows. It just seems that we can't enjoy any good news without something happening.

No argument there.  He has been.  Doesn't make it so surprising.  But I just don't think him being gone will magically make Marco quicker, or Phil become lights out or Felix to pull the splinters out.

We have 3 guys to divide up his minutes. In the long run they are not the answer, but we might be able to surprise a few people. I 've seen short flashes from all three. If they can extend those flashes and with key substituting ... I'm just saying.

« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2013, 10:46:50 AM »

Roll over, ask joe3 to start a Lavin meter on Big East Boards and you'll get your answer!

« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2013, 10:50:16 AM »
I say there is as much a chance of him coming back as you posting something interesting.

So you rate it at 100%?

« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2013, 10:52:59 AM »
Roll over, ask joe3 to start a Lavin meter on Big East Boards and you'll get your answer!

See up until this dolt started posting I actually liked Maine. I enjoy Lobster and Stephen King. Never new they had a football team though or that some goofball would actually think people would be impressed that someone was a QB for Maine. Unless it was HS football which just makes it even more sad.

Poison

« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2013, 10:55:11 AM »
Very frustrating.

I'm not D'Angelo's biggest supporter and I have no idea what he's done to get this suspension, but the timing couldn't suck more. Although his game hasn't looked good in the second half of this season, we still have a shot at the NCAA, and he is our best scorer.

I do respect Lavin for this decision. There has to be accountability, and he's not going to be walked over.

How can you respect Lavin for the decision, if you don't know why he made it?

« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2013, 10:58:00 AM »
How can you respect Lavin for the decision, if you don't know why he made it?

You haven't figured out yet that some view Lavin as the almighty?

paultzman

« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2013, 10:59:28 AM »
Disappointed to lose Harrison and must say the constant ups and downs of this regime are disconcerting. I support Lavin and staff, but when do we achieve a reasonable level of stability?

Moose

« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2013, 11:00:22 AM »
Disappointed to lose Harrison and must say the constant ups and downs of this regime are disconcerting. I support Lavin and staff, but when do we achieve a reasonable level of stability?

D _ _ _ _ d

« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2013, 11:00:44 AM »
Why he made it?

A pattern of behavior. It's not a secret. He got suspended for an exhibition. You didn't see the Fordham game when Harrison lashed out at Lavin? You didn't watch the Uconn game when Harrison went lazy for a ball and Lavin benched him for like 10 mins? There are more examples we see during games and God only knows what he does in practice behind closed doors.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 11:04:40 AM by SJUhoopNUT »

« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2013, 11:00:50 AM »

See up until this dolt started posting I actually liked Maine. I enjoy Lobster and Stephen King. Never new they had a football team though or that some goofball would actually think people would be impressed that someone was a QB for Maine. Unless it was HS football which just makes it even more sad.

St. John's 2000 - Now you new, I mean know

« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2013, 11:01:10 AM »
Very disappointing. Coach knows the situation better than all of us, so I can't second guess this decision or any other decision he makes.