Harrison suspended rest of the year

• 537 replies

Foad

Re: Harrison suspended rest of the year
« Reply #280 on: March 02, 2013, 04:17:57 PM »
And you 45 figure the image the writer paints of a shirtless Steve is in good taste? You like the message? I never figured a St.Johns hoops board to get this kind of nasty.

Good grief grandma, the emperor's new clothes is a fairy tale by Hans Christian Anderson. I'm sorry you found it prurient. Avert your eyes, I'm about to mention the little match girl.

Foad

« Reply #281 on: March 02, 2013, 04:27:11 PM »
I don't think Curtis Redding finished a season here.

I mentioned Redding a couple of months ago in another forum as being the last time I can recall this public and sustained an airing of grievances in regards a SJ player. I think that was when Lavin informed the press that his best player Harrison had a lot he could learn about basketball from Marco Bourgault. Anyway Redding wasn't suspended, he quit.

Foad

« Reply #282 on: March 02, 2013, 04:39:08 PM »
Interesting you chose to interpret impotent as an ED reference.

I don't think you believe what you're writing so I did not call you an idiot.

Okay then, no hard feelings.  No hard feelings, geddit?

« Reply #283 on: March 02, 2013, 04:44:19 PM »
I showed up to every practice hungover and since I wasn't playing most games in college. My point was from everything we have seen, nothing Harrison has done warrants this action as well. Eye rolling is worse than being hungover? Like I have said, behind the scenes maybe he has a personality llike MaineQB and this is warranted. On the surface, where we all reside, this seems extreme.

From what you've seen which is relatively nothing.  That seems to be the problem with most of the guys questioning the decision.  They think they know something.  They don't.

So let me get this straight, the people lauding this all have some inside info. If the kid is a pain and it is justified than fine. Harrison was criticized by you and others as a punk, which judged purely on what the common fan has seen was BS. Again I bet you were a huge Matt Brust fan though. Even if this was fair, the criticism he received here was unfair and people actually being happy he was suspended is ridiculous. Nothing I saw him do on the court was worse than Bobby Hurley ever did at Duke.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 04:47:39 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #284 on: March 02, 2013, 05:20:12 PM »
Imagine you are referencing Hurley in regard to referees and foul calls but no way K would allow a player to continually disrespect himself and his staff by either turning away in disgust or screaming at them.

« Reply #285 on: March 02, 2013, 05:37:24 PM »
Imagine you are referencing Hurley in regard to referees and foul calls but no way K would allow a player to continually disrespect himself and his staff by either turning away in disgust or screaming at them.

Actually, he did. Watch a clip of any old Duke game and as coach K is talking to him, Hurley would be looking away. There was even a Sports Illustrated article how they sat Hurley down and showed him a video all the faces he made at Coaches, Teamates and refs. Again, what went on behind the scenes I have no knowledge of. My only point is from what we all saw people were blowing the Harrison criticism out of proportion and IMO it is becuase he is a black kid with a lot of tats. Matt Brust was a dope who got into fights with fans, opponents and his teamates if PMG's story is to be believed. Yet he is some kind of folk hero to some. 

paultzman

« Reply #286 on: March 02, 2013, 07:16:37 PM »

Actually, he did. Watch a clip of any old Duke game and as coach K is talking to him, Hurley would be looking away. There was even a Sports Illustrated article how they sat Hurley down and showed him a video all the faces he made at Coaches, Teamates and refs. Again, what went on behind the scenes I have no knowledge of. My only point is from what we all saw people were blowing the Harrison criticism out of proportion and IMO it is becuase he is a black kid with a lot of tats. Matt Brust was a dope who got into fights with fans, opponents and his teamates if PMG's story is to be believed. Yet he is some kind of folk hero to some. 

IMO, dirty player to boot, but a hero to many for obvious reason.

pmg911

« Reply #287 on: March 03, 2013, 09:35:29 AM »
Matt Brust was a dope who got into fights with fans, opponents and his teamates if PMG's story is to be believed. Yet he is some kind of folk hero to some.

Bad guy and 100% true that Barry Milhaven put him in his place after Brust dared him to in practice.

Tiznow

« Reply #288 on: March 03, 2013, 10:04:57 AM »
Two things on this suspension:

1 - we are all making a lot of assumptions.
2 - no one knows what the outcome will be beyond this season.

We'll see how it works out for the parties involved.

« Reply #289 on: March 03, 2013, 11:06:18 AM »
I love Harrison's heart and fearlessness but let's face it the guy has bad body language 90% of the time and I always felt he was thisclose to losing his temper any time i watched him this season.  Yes, with him we MAY have snuck into the tourney but no way we were going far anyway.  None of us knows exactly what transpired so I will give Lavin the benefit of doubt on this one.  If he comes back to us, fantastic.  If not, I won't be terribly upset.  Either way I hope he learns from this and it makes him a better man in the long run.  I also hope all current players and incoming players take note.  No one is bigger than Lavin or the team.  Period.

Another fallout from the Harrison suspension
« Reply #290 on: March 03, 2013, 11:17:15 AM »
could be improved play from JaKarr, which might get him more impetus to leave after the season.  If he continues to carry the load like he did last night he might get more notice from the scouts.

ras

« Reply #291 on: March 03, 2013, 11:21:19 AM »
I love Harrison's heart and fearlessness but let's face it the guy has bad body language 90% of the time and I always felt he was thisclose to losing his temper any time i watched him this season.  Yes, with him we MAY have snuck into the tourney but no way we were going far anyway.  None of us knows exactly what transpired so I will give Lavin the benefit of doubt on this one.  If he comes back to us, fantastic.  If not, I won't be terribly upset.  Either way I hope he learns from this and it makes him a better man in the long run.  I also hope all current players and incoming players take note.  No one is bigger than Lavin or the team.  Period.
IMO people are making his body language a bigger deal than it should be. But we dont know what went on behind the scene. I for one would love to see DLO come back ,hopefully w a better attitude. We dont have a replacement for him. Unless Marco or Hooper can step up. Im worried about Lavins love affair w Greene and can see him playing 37 min at he 2 wo DLO.

« Reply #292 on: March 03, 2013, 11:53:24 AM »
Wasn't about body language...

Insubordination to coaching staff, altercations with multiple teammates, continuously not listening in practice, and repeatedly making the same mistakes hurting team in game. Coaching staff could have lost all accountability with team or suspend Harrison.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #293 on: March 03, 2013, 11:56:37 AM »
I think we've seen the last of Harrison

paultzman

« Reply #294 on: March 03, 2013, 12:14:20 PM »
I think we've seen the last of Harrison

Not exactly a bold prediction Marco! Lol

ras

« Reply #295 on: March 03, 2013, 12:24:56 PM »

Insubordination to coaching staff, altercations with multiple teammates, continuously not listening in practice, and repeatedly making the same mistakes hurting team in game. Coaching staff could have lost all accountability with team or suspend Harrison.
Thanks for giving more details.

Foad

« Reply #296 on: March 03, 2013, 12:38:47 PM »
repeatedly making the same mistakes hurting team in game.

Any inside info on when Greene's suspension will be coming down?

gman

« Reply #297 on: March 03, 2013, 12:47:14 PM »

Insubordination to coaching staff, altercations with multiple teammates, continuously not listening in practice, and repeatedly making the same mistakes hurting team in game. Coaching staff could have lost all
accountability with team or suspend Harrison.

Thanks for the color. Both boards are unreadable right now and will be for the rest of the season.

« Reply #298 on: March 03, 2013, 12:49:04 PM »
repeatedly making the same mistakes hurting team in game.

Any inside info on when Greene's suspension will be coming down?
HA HA

« Reply #299 on: March 03, 2013, 01:34:16 PM »

dave, do you think he comes back? 

apparently his family has already arrived in nyc. likely a decision to be made before next game i would imagine.