Harrison suspended rest of the year

• 537 replies
Re: Harrison suspended rest of the year
« Reply #300 on: March 03, 2013, 03:37:52 PM »
Wasn't about body language...

Insubordination to coaching staff, altercations with multiple teammates, continuously not listening in practice, and repeatedly making the same mistakes hurting team in game. Coaching staff could have lost all accountability with team or suspend Harrison.

dave, do you think he comes back? 

apparently his family has already arrived in nyc. likely a decision to be made before next game i would imagine.

I honestly have no knowledge of that.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #301 on: March 03, 2013, 04:32:47 PM »
My own musings, but I expect Lavin will support D'Lo's transfer, as tough as the situation is, and that the coach who takes him on will feel that he is well suited for working with someone with D'Lo's temperment.  I heard, on-air for the South Carolina game I think, mention of the fact that Frank Martin really liked D'Lo and recruited him hard while he was at Kansas State.  And SC could use a scoring threat.  That might be a soft landing.

paultzman

« Reply #302 on: March 03, 2013, 04:35:40 PM »
My own musings, but I expect Lavin will support D'Lo's transfer, as tough as the situation is, and that the coach who takes him on will feel that he is well suited for working with someone with D'Lo's temperment.  I heard, on-air for the South Carolina game I think, mention of the fact that Frank Martin really liked D'Lo and recruited him hard while he was at Kansas State.  And SC could use a scoring threat.  That might be a soft landing.

With all respect, I think that relationship would last until the initial time out in the first game.

« Reply #303 on: March 03, 2013, 04:56:02 PM »
Okay, I may have been way off in thinking of SC.  Maybe Martin yells too much and is too brutally honest.  But maybe another "player's coach" like Lavin would be a worse fit.  Maybe D'Lo won't want to move forward in an environment like SJU/Lavin where he has so much freedom.  I'm just wondering what kind of coach out there he'd be able to play for who would think he could handle/transform Harrison.  There needs to be a serious personnel issue at the destination too, obviously.

« Reply #304 on: March 03, 2013, 05:15:13 PM »

With all respect, I think that relationship would last until the initial time out in the first game.

I say they got at each other at Midnight Madness.  That would be the worst possible combination of player and coach ---except maybe DLo and Knight.

« Reply #305 on: March 03, 2013, 05:29:13 PM »
Okay, I was off on that one, even if I dedicated about 1/2 a Sunday morning church service dreaming it up!

« Reply #306 on: March 03, 2013, 06:53:05 PM »
Dave I'd like to know the teammates that D-Lo was having altercations with and whether there were any particular ones (or was it general?).  For all of D-Lo's negative body language, he often seemed to pull for his teammates during the game, even when he was struggling.  That was the only thing that confused me about the reports (the other stuff is along the lines of what we have heard).

« Reply #307 on: March 03, 2013, 07:23:05 PM »
Dave I'd like to know the teammates that D-Lo was having altercations with and whether there were any particular ones (or was it general?).  For all of D-Lo's negative body language, he often seemed to pull for his teammates during the game, even when he was struggling.  That was the only thing that confused me about the reports (the other stuff is along the lines of what we have heard).
I think one can support his teammates all the time, but if he's showing up late to team meetings, arguing with the staff regarding strategy, etc, while a CAPTAIN of the team, then this seems like a life lesson issue going on.

It's for D'Angelo's own good.  If his grandmother sees that, and if he reflects on it, gets more help to understand his behavior, rectifies it over the next semester and summer, I will go against the grain and say he'll come back for next season.

« Reply #308 on: March 03, 2013, 07:26:41 PM »
Maybe I am alone in this, but I think at this point, as a SJU fan, I'd rather not get any negative insider info regarding particular teammates and altercations.  I'd rather Dave just leave it with the point that D'lo didn't always get along with teammates.  Just my opinion.

Moose

« Reply #309 on: March 03, 2013, 07:27:38 PM »
Maybe I am alone in this, but I think at this point, as a SJU fan, I'd rather not get any negative insider info regarding particular teammates and altercations.  I'd rather Dave just leave it with the point that D'lo didn't always get along with teammates.  Just my opinion.

Your alone on that.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Moose

« Reply #310 on: March 03, 2013, 07:28:09 PM »
Just when I thought we would have a calm offseason.
Now we can wait on pins and needles on whether or not Harrison comes back.

« Reply #311 on: March 03, 2013, 07:30:33 PM »

Your alone on that.
Yep. I like the gossip and rumors

paultzman

« Reply #312 on: March 03, 2013, 07:32:25 PM »

Don't you expect this to unfold soon? Or am I missing your infamous sarcasm? Ha

« Reply #313 on: March 03, 2013, 07:32:55 PM »

If he does come back, his story will replace the youngest team in America story of this year's team.

« Reply #314 on: March 03, 2013, 07:36:05 PM »
Understand.  I don't want to be a hypocrite and act like I wouldn't want to know.  I just feel weird about having it all discussed here.  In any event, D'Lo was just too much negative energy and I took a toll on everyone.  I don't expect him to be back.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 07:37:09 PM by Lapchick65 »

paultzman

« Reply #315 on: March 03, 2013, 07:36:15 PM »

If he does come back, his story will replace the youngest team in America story of this year's team.

Btw, if we had Sanchez this year, we would not have been the youngest team in the galaxy. Correct?

Moose

« Reply #316 on: March 03, 2013, 07:43:43 PM »

Don't you expect this to unfold soon? Or am I missing your infamous sarcasm? Ha

I don't know.  I don't think we hear anything until at least semester ends.  Too bad by then pretty much all recruits are spoken for.

« Reply #317 on: March 03, 2013, 07:43:59 PM »
I think he ends up coming back unless Lavin really wants him gone.  I cannot see him sitting out a year to go play somewhere else.  If not, I see him going overseas.

« Reply #318 on: March 03, 2013, 07:51:25 PM »
Insubordination is tough to recover from. I think the players have a lot of say in what happens from here.

« Reply #319 on: March 03, 2013, 08:01:56 PM »
I agree with that Baldi.  With that said, it is hard to gage the complete picture with all the details us fans are not privy to.  And there have been plenty of examples in college/pro sports where a talented player had issues, got his act together, and thrived.