Harrison suspended rest of the year

• 537 replies
Re: Harrison suspended rest of the year
« Reply #380 on: March 07, 2013, 01:58:27 AM »
hypothetically:

If Lavin coaches this team last year as opposed to Dunlap, does D transfer at the end of last year?

Behind closed doors a bunch of the players cried like little girls about Dunlap. Lavin was supposed to be the good cop.

Last year is a while ago I remember Harrison rolling his eyes etc regarding officials. However don't recall any disrespect toward the coaching staff. Just wondering is it possible Dulap told why as well as what whereas Lavin more emotional with only a what.
More likely Dlo was afraid Dunlap would take out the baseball bat! :)

« Reply #381 on: March 09, 2013, 08:55:23 PM »
I love this message from Paris to DLo. He posted this to someone very very close to Harrison.

phorne23
"Tell D let's get it together man he put in too much work not to be playing."

« Reply #382 on: March 10, 2013, 02:21:00 PM »
Wow Harrison is not on any big east 1-3 teams or honorable mention? Crazy!
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #383 on: March 10, 2013, 03:30:55 PM »
Wow Harrison is not on any big east 1-3 teams or honorable mention? Crazy!

I thought the same thing. I mean he's the 3rd leading scorer in the BE.

« Reply #384 on: March 10, 2013, 04:18:42 PM »
Dlo coming to game yesterday was a step in right direction yesterday. He could of just packed it in and sulked and said I'm out of here. Not saying he will be back next yr but I do believe he wants to be here and will

« Reply #385 on: March 10, 2013, 06:59:32 PM »
Harrison not making all league says a lot to me. More to this game than just scoring.

« Reply #386 on: March 10, 2013, 07:18:50 PM »
With the Girlfriend that he has @ St.John's how could that not be a reason to be a star and stay in NY!
 ;D
# STJBB!

« Reply #387 on: March 10, 2013, 08:24:43 PM »
I'd bet that Harrison's suspension is the reason for him not getting any recognition this year.

Poison

« Reply #388 on: March 10, 2013, 08:50:02 PM »
I'd bet that Harrison's suspension is the reason for him not getting any recognition this year.

It's gotta be. Just like a hot team in March stands a good chance of getting that at large bid, a player who finishes poorly really shouldn't be celebrated. Still, all we have are rumors as to why Harrison was suspended. If he deserved to get suspended then I'm fine w him being left off completely. Because that means his behavior cost us March.

boo3

« Reply #389 on: March 11, 2013, 09:50:27 PM »
 A guy I work with on the weekends is a teacher at SJU.  He seemed pretty confident that Harrison has every intention of coming back next season. He did add however, that it isn't Harrison's decision. It's Lavin's.

Like everyone else has said,  it wasn't one particular incident, rather a long history of bad behavior and disrespect.  He hadn't heard of the supposed altercation with Hines while Lavin was away.

Basically he said Harrison thinks he plays by a different set of rules and completely disrespects the entire staff .  I mean, do you really tell Keady to go F off?  We shall see what happens.

« Reply #390 on: March 11, 2013, 10:19:09 PM »
A guy I work with on the weekends is a teacher at SJU.  He seemed pretty confident that Harrison has every intention of coming back next season. He did add however, that it isn't Harrison's decision. It's Lavin's.

Like everyone else has said,  it wasn't one particular incident, rather a long history of bad behavior and disrespect.  He hadn't heard of the supposed altercation with Hines while Lavin was away.

Basically he said Harrison thinks he plays by a different set of rules and completely disrespects the entire staff .  I mean, do you really tell Keady to go F off?  We shall see what happens.

From all the stories I've read this scenario seems right to me. I think Lavin will not make it easy for Harrison but may give him a chance. Harrison will need to shape up for an extended period of time, not just a couple of weeks. I'd like to see Deangelo come back but he really needs to buy into what Lavin is saying. I don't think Lavin is going to tolerate anything less.

« Reply #391 on: March 12, 2013, 12:34:31 AM »
Perhaps the suspension was a delayed response for injuring the Aggie's knee.

« Reply #392 on: March 12, 2013, 08:22:45 AM »
Harrison not making all league says a lot to me. More to this game than just scoring.
poor shooting percentage could have something to do with it.

« Reply #393 on: March 12, 2013, 10:41:34 AM »

Still wound up third highest scorer in the league so ignoring DH was probably a result of his suspension for the rest of the season.

Too embarrassing to honor someone whose coach has imposed a punishment just short of the death penalty?

This is temporary though and will vanish next year unlike the stigma attached to baseball players who dabbled in steroids and are unlikely to ever see their bust enshrined at Cooperstown. 

« Reply #394 on: March 12, 2013, 11:07:30 AM »

I agree with this. His shooting percentages were pretty bad. I think he shoulda made honorable mention but I don't think he was completely "snubbed"

paultzman

« Reply #395 on: April 15, 2013, 10:38:05 AM »
“@NJHoopsHaven: Seton Hall's Fuquan Edwin made 1st All-Met with Jones & Iona's Sean Armand, LIU's Jamal Olasewere & Jason Brickman, and D'Angelo Harrison”

Have to admit it is odd;
“@NJHoopsHaven: Stunned that D'Angelo Harrison, who St. John's essentially kicked off the team, made 1st team All-Met over Rutgers' Myles Mack (2nd team)”
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 10:40:19 AM by paultzman »

redslope

« Reply #396 on: April 15, 2013, 10:57:33 AM »
“@NJHoopsHaven: Seton Hall's Fuquan Edwin made 1st All-Met with Jones & Iona's Sean Armand, LIU's Jamal Olasewere & Jason Brickman, and D'Angelo Harrison”

Have to admit it is odd;
“@NJHoopsHaven: Stunned that D'Angelo Harrison, who St. John's essentially kicked off the team, made 1st team All-Met over Rutgers' Myles Mack (2nd team)”

Good for D'angelo.  Writers picked the players by BB skill not how "nice" they are unlike BE writers; NJ Hoops also probably a homer

Marillac

« Reply #397 on: April 15, 2013, 11:03:32 AM »

Have to admit it is odd;

Harrison is better than everyone on that list.  He missed a handful of games, but he still scored a ton. 

« Reply #398 on: April 15, 2013, 11:07:59 AM »

Have to admit it is odd;

Harrison is better than everyone on that list.  He missed a handful of games, but he still scored a ton.

So is JaKarr.  On future NBA talent alone JaKarr is ahead of everyone on that list.

Poison

« Reply #399 on: April 15, 2013, 11:11:40 AM »

Have to admit it is odd;

Mack is a nice player, but he isn't first team anything yet.