Providence Game Discussion

• 349 replies

mkras99

Re: Providence Game Discussion
« Reply #320 on: March 04, 2013, 12:27:40 PM »
Do you promise to stop posting on these boards as well?

« Reply #321 on: March 04, 2013, 12:37:05 PM »
Do you promise to stop posting on these boards as well?

Thank you.

boo3

« Reply #322 on: March 04, 2013, 12:46:33 PM »
  Music to our ears ( eyes?), Bobre... burn em baby.... Don't let the door hit ya...

desco80

« Reply #323 on: March 04, 2013, 01:13:52 PM »
In transition yes he is without a question.  However in our half court offense he seems a bit lost to me.

I think that's because our half court offense is generally a disaster.   The more I see it the more I think the scheme is making things worse rather than better.
I like Branch, and even if he's not a true pg... he's probably the second best shooter on the team now.   For that reason alone he's gotta be on the court whenever healthy.   

paultzman

« Reply #324 on: March 04, 2013, 01:18:22 PM »
In transition yes he is without a question.  However in our half court offense he seems a bit lost to me.

I think that's because our half court offense is generally a disaster.   The more I see it the more I think the scheme is making things worse rather than better.
I like Branch, and even if he's not a true pg... he's probably the second best shooter on the team now.   For that reason alone he's gotta be on the court whenever healthy.   

+1

« Reply #325 on: March 04, 2013, 02:13:05 PM »
  Music to our ears ( eyes?), Bobre... burn em baby.... Don't let the door hit ya...

No, I won't leave until SJU finally gets it right.  Till then there has to be someone to let guys like you know what's wrong with the picture.  Unlike you I hate the taste of Koolaid and I am able to interpret statistics.  I welcome you to point out the errors in my posts if you can but be prepared for some hard lessons in return.  That's what these sites are about so it's all good.

Tha Kid

« Reply #326 on: March 04, 2013, 02:21:09 PM »
Unlike you I hate the taste of Koolaid and I am able to interpret statistics. 

Your views on Evans and Burrell say otherwise.  You have proven time and time again that you don't have a clue about what you're talking about, and it's sad that you are so delusional about it.  You not attending the Marquette game might be the boost the fanbase needs to reinvigorate itself!
"I drink and I know things"

SJUFAN

« Reply #327 on: March 04, 2013, 02:38:00 PM »
I think we've seen the last of DLo and rightfully so.  Lavin's stunt was unheard of and the last news we needed trying to make something out of the end of the season.  Just bench him and use him sparingly to win games then say goodby without all the fanfare.  These are not paid employees and they deserve some understanding when things go awry.

Lavin did what he thought was best for the program, he did what he thought was necessary to get through to D'Lo. We don't know how many chances coach gave D'Lo, or to what extent D'Lo's actions were having on the team. As fans we may not like the decision because of the pending ramifications to the season, like it or not, Lavin has to think about the future and we should trust that coach is doing what is best for the program. As the old saying goes, "this is gonna hurt me more than it will you". Its a punishment that hopefully makes a better man, teamate, and leader out of D'Lo. Its low risk, high reward. I don't believe Lavin had high hopes for this year once he knew we weren't going to have Sanchez. This move is for the future, next year is when we make our splash.

boo3

« Reply #328 on: March 04, 2013, 02:41:15 PM »
 Yeah Bobre, your post about Lavin being selfish for taking a whole week off due to his father's death was on the money....

...or the one about him needing psych help during last season.... another top notch contribution.

Not sure why I get a rep for a kool-aid drinker? 

Poison

« Reply #329 on: March 04, 2013, 03:43:44 PM »
This isn't so black or white. No player is bigger than the program. That said, this is Lavin's program, and if he finishes at 16-15, he has to be held accountable.

pmg911

« Reply #330 on: March 04, 2013, 03:47:20 PM »
Yeah Bobre, your post about Lavin being selfish for taking a whole week off due to his father's death was on the money....

Did he honestly post that..?

boo3

« Reply #331 on: March 04, 2013, 03:48:17 PM »
This isn't so black or white. No player is bigger than the program. That said, this is Lavin's program, and if he finishes at 16-15, he has to be held accountable.

Meaning what? Of course he's accountable, he's the head coach. You want him fired? His pay cut?  Be forced to wear dress shoes?

boo3

« Reply #332 on: March 04, 2013, 03:50:20 PM »

It was here or redmen.  He said in most work placed environments you only get 3-4 days off for bereavement.. Lavin should have been back to coach that mid-week game ( I forgot against whom at the moment)

Moose

« Reply #333 on: March 04, 2013, 03:52:53 PM »

It was here or redmen.  He said in most work placed environments you only get 3-4 days off for bereavement.. Lavin should have been back to coach that mid-week game ( I forgot against whom at the moment)

Lville
Remember who broke the Slice news

dR3w

« Reply #334 on: March 04, 2013, 03:56:20 PM »

First page of the Louisville game thread.

http://johnnyjungle.com/forum/index.php?topic=7645.0

Poison

« Reply #335 on: March 04, 2013, 03:58:33 PM »

Meaning what? Of course he's accountable, he's the head coach. You want him fired? His pay cut?  Be forced to wear dress shoes?

The movie isn't over yet. I don't definitively want anything. Yet. No one should.

« Reply #336 on: March 04, 2013, 08:22:33 PM »
I've been calling for Phil to sit since we had 6 guys. I mean what is Phil's stregnth on the court??

Taking care of the basketball, defense and free throw shooting.

Taking care of the basketball within 16 square feet is very overrated. He creates nothing and creates more indirect turnovers than he is credited with.
Defense --- sorry, no. Only person who loses his man more than Phil is D-Lo
FT shooting - unfortunately doesnt drive enough to take many

« Reply #337 on: March 04, 2013, 08:27:37 PM »
I've been calling for Phil to sit since we had 6 guys. I mean what is Phil's stregnth on the court??

Yes
Overrated
Gets to the line sooooo often

Not overrated defensively.  Never gets beat off the dribble and always stays between his man and the basket.
Unfortunately between his man and the wrong basket

« Reply #338 on: March 04, 2013, 11:15:56 PM »

Yes
Overrated

Not overrated defensively.  Never gets beat off the dribble and always stays between his man and the basket.
Unfortunately between his man and the wrong basket
Celticesque section3! :)

« Reply #339 on: March 05, 2013, 11:27:51 AM »

Yes
Overrated

You do realize we've played zone probably 70 percent of the year

Yes.  While we're in that zone - if an opponent is driibling the basketball in your section of the zone are you a) supposed to guard him and try to prevent him from dribbling by you on his way to the basket or b) just stand still, let him run by you and hope that Opekpa can block his shot?

I apologize in advance if I'm not understanding a perimiter players role in our zone.