Omari Lawrence - SG - St. Raymonds - Bronx, NY - ST. JOHN's (Signed LOI)

• 260 replies

Poison

Re: Omari Lawrence - SG - St. Raymonds - Bronx, NY - ST. JOHN's (Signed LOI)
« Reply #220 on: December 31, 2008, 10:30:23 AM »
Does anyone know when Omari can start playing again?
Is he?

« Reply #221 on: February 20, 2009, 02:09:16 PM »
any word on when one of his games will be streamed online again?
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #222 on: February 20, 2009, 03:23:56 PM »
It should be on Wed. Feb. 25th @ 4Pm vs. Maine Central.
Same Shiznit....Different Year!

« Reply #223 on: February 23, 2009, 08:15:01 AM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/02/22/jordan-brand-regional-selections/

Looks like Omari made the Jordan regional game

« Reply #224 on: March 15, 2009, 09:15:07 PM »
Article on scout...

http://saintjohns.scout.com/a.z?s=443&p=2&c=844665&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fsaintjohns.scout.com%2fa.z%3fs%3d443%26p%3d2%26c%3d844665

Scoring Guard Is Ready To Make Impact For SJU

Reporter Mike Sullivan caught up to Omari Lawrence, who is currently preparing to play a semifinal playoff game for South Kent this week. Lawrence, a St. John's prospect, has the ability to produce points ...

« Reply #225 on: March 23, 2009, 07:01:38 PM »
Have him curl off a double stagger two at the right elbow and the kid'll be money.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

pmg911

« Reply #226 on: March 31, 2009, 10:08:33 AM »
How much do people expect him to play next year..?

He is Off Guard/Small Foward...   I would think that Horne and Mason are locked in to start at those spots and get 20+ minutes per night...?

Then you have DJ Kennedy who will play 20+ minutes per game.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #227 on: March 31, 2009, 12:10:42 PM »
Interesting question, and a good one for the offseason.

I don't know that Norm doesn't cut down on the guard minutes - guys were gassed this year.  Perhaps Mason/ Kennedy/ Horne/ Lawrence split @ around 20 minutes apiece, with a few minutes grabbed from one of the big forwards, who will split time.  Maybe Lawrence gets 15 minutes a game.  Dwight Hardy and Q Roberts come in for foul trouble or for a change of pace, unless Q remains at backup point.  Ty Edmondson, if he stays, plays garbage minutes or backup point minutes.

This is assuming no transfers.  I know there are transfers every year but I won't assume until they happen.  And yes, some guys don't play... that happens in basketball programs.  This ain't middle school.  And guys know that they have to earn the minutes.

« Reply #229 on: April 06, 2009, 11:30:26 AM »
Omari is the real deal and is taken a hella chance comin to this program so he better get some major mins so long as he work hard and deserve it.

« Reply #230 on: April 06, 2009, 04:30:56 PM »
http://saintjohns.scout.com/a.z?s=443&p=8&c=1&nid=2922432

can someone post this....

Reporter Mike Sullivan examines the individual game of Omari Lawrence, the former St. Raymond's High School star who played at South Kent in Connecticut during the 2008-2009 basketball season ...

Omari Lawrence, the 6-foot-4 shooting guard from South Kent in Connecticut, has made his living in the past scoring on drives to the basket and owning the baseline with pretty moves.

His game is more diversified too after making improvements in his individual game while competing this season. Lawrence is likely to play in the IS8 Spring League before making his way to St. John's University in Queens to begin what he hopes is a productive career.

"I'm ready," he said. "I'm excited about the chance to help St. John's out next season. I'm going to try my best."

Lawrence always tries his best. He's a player that has no fear in taking the ball to the rim and challenging the bigger bodies in the paint.

Obviously, scoring in the Big East will be a more difficult task and Omari knows this. "All I can do is work hard," he said.

The former St. Raymond's High School (Bronx, New York) star who transferred to South Kent last summer, has been a player over the past couple of years that has shown he's among the best basketball prospects in the area. The reasons are the many ways he can put up points.

"I'm always looking to improve my game," Lawrence said.

Omari will play in the Jordan All American game to be held at Madison Square Garden on April 18th. We'll have coverage of this week here on hsnewyork.scout.com.

PREVIOUS EVALUATION OF OMARI LAWRENCE'S INDIVIDUAL GAME:

A swift moving lefty guard, Lawrence can dazzle you with moves along the baseline and produces points in bunches. He can score points from many places on the court and has the ability to deliver baskets against the bigger bodies near the rim.

WHAT OMARI LAWRENCE PREVIOUSLY SAID ON HIS DECISION:

"I feel St. John's is the best place for me. I'll have the opportunity. I'll work hard and hopefully we can win a lot of games."
Same Shiznit....Different Year!

« Reply #231 on: April 09, 2009, 08:04:59 AM »
http://saintjohns.scout.com/a.z?s=443&p=8&c=1&nid=2922432

can someone post this....

Reporter Mike Sullivan examines the individual game of Omari Lawrence, the former St. Raymond's High School star who played at South Kent in Connecticut during the 2008-2009 basketball season ...

Omari Lawrence, the 6-foot-4 shooting guard from South Kent in Connecticut, has made his living in the past scoring on drives to the basket and owning the baseline with pretty moves.

His game is more diversified too after making improvements in his individual game while competing this season. Lawrence is likely to play in the IS8 Spring League before making his way to St. John's University in Queens to begin what he hopes is a productive career.

"I'm ready," he said. "I'm excited about the chance to help St. John's out next season. I'm going to try my best."

Lawrence always tries his best. He's a player that has no fear in taking the ball to the rim and challenging the bigger bodies in the paint.

Obviously, scoring in the Big East will be a more difficult task and Omari knows this. "All I can do is work hard," he said.

The former St. Raymond's High School (Bronx, New York) star who transferred to South Kent last summer, has been a player over the past couple of years that has shown he's among the best basketball prospects in the area. The reasons are the many ways he can put up points.

"I'm always looking to improve my game," Lawrence said.

Omari will play in the Jordan All American game to be held at Madison Square Garden on April 18th. We'll have coverage of this week here on hsnewyork.scout.com.

PREVIOUS EVALUATION OF OMARI LAWRENCE'S INDIVIDUAL GAME:

A swift moving lefty guard, Lawrence can dazzle you with moves along the baseline and produces points in bunches. He can score points from many places on the court and has the ability to deliver baskets against the bigger bodies near the rim.

WHAT OMARI LAWRENCE PREVIOUSLY SAID ON HIS DECISION:

"I feel St. John's is the best place for me. I'll have the opportunity. I'll work hard and hopefully we can win a lot of games."

Cant wait to see this kid suit up!

sjd8886

« Reply #232 on: April 15, 2009, 07:35:58 PM »
has he returned to his pre-injury shape yet, or is he still shedding the weight...or may i ask, do we even want him to...entering the big east should he just keep some of it, even if he loses a step...one article said hes better at finishing in the paint and absorbing contact bc of the extra weight...since hes a slasher and scores most of his points in the paint, would u want him to keep the weight or not

mkras99

« Reply #233 on: April 15, 2009, 07:45:44 PM »
has he returned to his pre-injury shape yet, or is he still shedding the weight...or may i ask, do we even want him to...entering the big east should he just keep some of it, even if he loses a step...one article said hes better at finishing in the paint and absorbing contact bc of the extra weight...since hes a slasher and scores most of his points in the paint, would u want him to keep the weight or not
I've heard that he isn't close to being in shape as ofyet.

sjd8886

« Reply #234 on: April 15, 2009, 09:53:26 PM »
I've heard that he isn't close to being in shape as ofyet.

im sure his focus so far was just getting back on the court...he'll prob drop the weight pretty quick once his season is over

« Reply #235 on: April 17, 2009, 12:00:00 AM »
Back in Omari's last blog entry he said he plans to take up swimming and possibly play JV Baseball for South Kent
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

sjd8886

« Reply #236 on: April 17, 2009, 02:34:43 PM »
is the jv baseball necessary?  its not exactly a contact sport but with the sliding, and diving, and explosive running its a chance at injury...god forbid he takes a ball to the head...im sounding like a father right now but we are st johns, we dont have the best luck

« Reply #237 on: April 17, 2009, 03:13:49 PM »
is the jv baseball necessary?  its not exactly a contact sport but with the sliding, and diving, and explosive running its a chance at injury...god forbid he takes a ball to the head...im sounding like a father right now but we are st johns, we dont have the best luck

No doubt.
Swimmin can put you in great shape, but would never let him play baseball.

« Reply #238 on: April 18, 2009, 08:40:37 PM »
Did Omari play in the regional Jordan game today? How'd he do?

« Reply #239 on: April 19, 2009, 12:05:51 AM »
Did Omari play in the regional Jordan game today? How'd he do?

Omari Lawrence tallied 25 points and five rebounds