JaKarr ROY

• 233 replies
Re: JaKarr ROY
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2013, 05:59:12 PM »
Sounds 80/20 like he is staying. He knows he still has a lot to work on. He needs to add 20+ lbs of lean muscle mass, he needs to be able to hit a 3 every once in a while, his FT shooting needs work, etc. If I was a betting man, I say he stays for 1 more year then leaves. Could you imagine Sampson/Harrison/Branch/Obekpa/Harkless/Sanchez as all seniors? Ok, I can dream though!

MCNPA

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2013, 06:22:58 PM »
Sounds 80/20 like he is staying. He knows he still has a lot to work on. He needs to add 20+ lbs of lean muscle mass, he needs to be able to hit a 3 every once in a while, his FT shooting needs work, etc. If I was a betting man, I say he stays for 1 more year then leaves. Could you imagine Sampson/Harrison/Branch/Obekpa/Harkless/Sanchez as all seniors? Ok, I can dream though!

Not possible because Sanchez only gets one year, but we are lucky to have that.  2014 needs to be big recruiting year for us, as we'll likely need to replace a few significant players and others will be upperclassmen. 

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2013, 07:31:47 PM »

Where is he going? He's not even listed on any draft boards for the 2013 draft. He's saying the right things, and any kid in his position would be smart to get all of the information before deciding. But from the way it stands right now, he's not even projected to be drafted, so it's a safe bet to assume he's back.

Poison

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2013, 07:42:02 PM »

No way of knowing if he'll improve enough in one year to be an NBA player. He has to work on a lot of skills.

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2013, 07:44:39 PM »
Next year, Sanchez will be the ROY.

Kind of like when Ichiro won it.

Moose

« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2013, 07:45:19 PM »

Yankees had someone that year who deserved it. Who was it again?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2013, 07:49:26 PM »

Steve Balboni?  I'm a Yankees fan but I have no clue.  I can't remeber much past last week.

« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2013, 07:50:15 PM »

I really dont remember, but was that shane spencers year?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Moose

« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2013, 08:07:35 PM »

Alfonso Soriano.  Finished 3rd
Actually you know who finished 2nd?  CC

« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2013, 12:41:41 AM »
I won't be convinced he's staying until the day you have to declare for the draft has passed.

Moose

« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2013, 12:59:01 AM »
I won't be convinced he's staying until the day you have to declare for the draft has passed.

Green jeans or whatever you call him is declaring

« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2013, 01:19:41 AM »

Mean Joe ??
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Tha Kid

« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2013, 08:45:14 AM »
Congrats to Jakarr.  Much deserved.  Can't wait for him to be a star and a household name next year.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2013, 08:57:05 AM »
Well Desrved.

Hope he stays.

Next years team could be special...

Poison

« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2013, 10:21:36 AM »

2001 was Soriano at 2B. Spencer was 98.

redslope

« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2013, 10:35:35 AM »
Wonderful news for JaKarr and well deserved.  I have loved his demenor since day 1 and he has the greatest smile.  We have seen him grow this year.  His first game against Detroit; his first MSG game, His first BE game were all horrors but he got over his nerves and built on them.  Keep building and growing JaKarr and let's get POY in the future.

Even more amazing is that we had no BE ROY for the first 32 years of the conference and now we have the last 2 BE ROY--go figure

« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2013, 02:19:25 PM »
Guess Lavin is recruiting pretty well, huh (although not having established juniors/seniors and short roster last season definitely helped with each of our guys getting the ROY award).

« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2013, 02:51:01 PM »

Mean Joe ??

He goes by by many names, but he is singly #1 in our hearts forevermore.

« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2013, 05:55:11 PM »
Wonderful news for JaKarr and well deserved.  I have loved his demenor since day 1 and he has the greatest smile.  We have seen him grow this year.  His first game against Detroit; his first MSG game, His first BE game were all horrors but he got over his nerves and built on them.  Keep building and growing JaKarr and let's get POY in the future.

Even more amazing is that we had no BE ROY for the first 32 years of the conference and now we have the last 2 BE ROY--go figure
David Russell was first Johnnie to win it (at least that's what I read and although I was following St. J's back then have no independent recollection).

paultzman

« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2013, 12:06:32 PM »
"Michigan State 's Gary Harris flirted with the rankings for several weeks, but never got over the hump. JaKarr Sampson of St. John's and UCLA's Jordan Adams were also stellar, while Baylor's Isaiah Austin, Indiana's Yogi Ferrell, Michigan 's Nik Stauskas and Glenn Robinson III, NC State's T.J. Warren and Duke's Rasheed Sulaimon all deserved some recognition."

“@jeffborzello: And here are the final Freshman of the Year rankings -- he was No. 1 back in November, and he's No. 1 now: http://cbsprt.co/YGhHAx