Talked to D'angelo at the game yesterday

• 241 replies
Re: Talked to D'angelo at the game yesterday
« Reply #140 on: March 28, 2013, 02:14:13 PM »
"Quitter"? He was suspended. If he chooses to leave why would anyone call him a quitter? Again half of the reason I am pretty sure he is not coming back is I don't think Lavin wants him back.

Also in response to Moose I think Baylor could make it worthwhile for him to sit out one season ;)

« Reply #141 on: March 28, 2013, 02:15:40 PM »
"Quitter"? He was suspended. If he chooses to leave why would anyone call him a quitter? Again half of the reason I am pretty sure he is not coming back is I don't think Lavin wants him back.

Also in response to Moose I think Baylor could make it worthwhile for him to sit out one season ;)

Absolutely a quitter. Not coming back is being a quitter. He wasn't suspended for life. It was like six games. Not coming back= quitting on current teams for the next year.

ras

« Reply #142 on: March 28, 2013, 02:20:18 PM »

Unless We get Jorden, Why wouldnt Lavin want DLO back? Maybe because Greene is such a deadeye shooter and we are so deep at the guard positions LOL.

« Reply #143 on: March 28, 2013, 02:21:20 PM »
If a 20 year old kid decides he wants to leave a bad situation he is a quitter? Did you ever leave a job?Breakup with a girl?

« Reply #144 on: March 28, 2013, 02:22:27 PM »
Lavin does not share our opinion about Greene. That much is obvious no?

sju89tr

« Reply #145 on: March 28, 2013, 02:24:52 PM »
Would be shocked if he came back. Seems like a proud kid and whether suspension was warranted or not kid's name was dragged around as some sort of malcontent. Plus I think Lavin loves Greene and I don't think he believes Harrison is worth the headache.

As for Baylor it is his home state, shady program and he would be surrounded by great athletes. You put him on Baylor in replace of Heslip and they are in the sweet 16 this year.

Dee won't be sitting out.

That is the biggest reason I don't think a transfer for him.

« Reply #146 on: March 28, 2013, 02:28:30 PM »
If he leaves now he sits one year, can pick the right spot and then have two solid years to try and make some $ playing somewhere. Say he does come back and he has problems again with Lavin? If he gets suspended again his college career is not flucked. Would be actually riskier for him to come back.

« Reply #147 on: March 28, 2013, 02:32:24 PM »
If he leaves now he sits one year, can pick the right spot and then have two solid years to try and make some $ playing somewhere. Say he does come back and he has problems again with Lavin? If he gets suspended again his college career is not flucked. Would be actually riskier for him to come back.

That's easy to say to support your argument. If he stays here and has more trouble then he can transfer. If he transfers now and has problems at new school then what does he do? Certainly not transfer again.   
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

boo3

« Reply #148 on: March 28, 2013, 02:32:36 PM »
Wll not believe Harrison is returning until I see him on the bench for the first game next season.

Come on WASJU!  It's almost April..  positive thinking..  The Mets will win more games than the Yankees this year also... ya gotta believe...

Drugs are bad.......

Mets are only a year or two away from being legit.   Looking forward to another championship in my lifetime.   That would be #2 for my baseball team...

Giants- 4x
 Mets- 1
 Islanders- 4 ( but was very young, so really doesn't count.. Was 10 when they won their 4th)
 Knicks- 0
 St. Johns- 0

I root for crappy basketball teams....

« Reply #151 on: March 28, 2013, 06:58:10 PM »
Dangelo better wise up and stop being a nice person. Just don't lose that edge son, now get it done

jr49

« Reply #152 on: March 28, 2013, 07:09:10 PM »
If a 20 year old kid decides he wants to leave a bad situation he is a quitter? Did you ever leave a job?Breakup with a girl?
Harrison can go where he wishes and no way should he be ridiculed for the choice he makes. At the same time people who are lucky enough to be in a good situation can flat out ruin it. If a young player thinks he made the wrong choice, and wants to be elsewhere, it's possible to handle things like a gentleman.

TONYD3

« Reply #153 on: March 28, 2013, 08:33:10 PM »
I think he comes back because I don't think he wants to sit out a year by transferring

« Reply #154 on: March 29, 2013, 10:22:20 AM »
Harrison can go where he wishes and no way should he be ridiculed for the choice he makes. At the same time people who are lucky enough to be in a good situation can flat out ruin it. If a young player thinks he made the wrong choice, and wants to be elsewhere, it's possible to handle things like a gentleman.

Having been suspended will always shadow Harrison (through the media if not his conscience) unless he eats some humble pie, returns to St. John's and re-establishes himself here.

If D'Angelo goes elsewhere and acts up it will be impossible for him to get out from under the label of troublemaker and Harrison's talent (in professional terms) doesn't yet approach a level that would persuade NBA coaches to overlook his attitude.

I think that coming back is DLo's best alternative if he wants to turn this significant negative into a positive.

For his sake and ours I hope that's the choice he makes.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 02:46:55 PM by qcredman »

ras

« Reply #155 on: March 29, 2013, 01:47:15 PM »
One thing we have in our favor is if he transfers he will have to sit a year ,a real deterrent

« Reply #156 on: March 29, 2013, 04:01:17 PM »
I didn't know that players had to sit out a year after transferring until I saw it 6 different times on the last page.

« Reply #157 on: March 29, 2013, 04:15:29 PM »
I didn't know that players had to sit out a year after transferring until I saw it 6 different times on the last page.

It's true. NCAA rule.

« Reply #158 on: March 29, 2013, 04:54:30 PM »

sorry just piling on.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 04:55:09 PM by Choz4Life »
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

Moose

« Reply #159 on: March 29, 2013, 08:41:50 PM »

Well actually pretty much 50% of the time lately you don't have to sit.  Just depends on the coin landing on heads or tails in Indy
Remember who broke the Slice news