2013-2014 Schedule

• 909 replies
Re: 2013-2014 Schedule
« Reply #300 on: May 13, 2013, 01:44:55 PM »
Nova can go either way.  I see them as a team losing two of their three bigs so that Pinkston at 6 7 is the second tallest player on the team and their only "big" recruit is a 6'5" PF, albeit a 4 star one.  Is there a big on redshirt or transfer?  If not I just think they're gonna have some trouble on d and the boards.  Ochefu got minutes as a backup and looked like a backup for life.  No doubt Pinkston and Arch are very good but the balance of their players are just alright.   I think they'll be about the same as this year or worse.  It'll depend on how Arch is chucking 'em from 25' that night and he's just a 32% 3pg shooter to begin with. 

« Reply #301 on: May 13, 2013, 02:02:23 PM »
Nova can go either way.  I see them as a team losing two of their three bigs so that Pinkston at 6 7 is the second tallest player on the team and their only "big" recruit is a 6'5" PF, albeit a 4 star one.  Is there a big on redshirt or transfer?  If not I just think they're gonna have some trouble on d and the boards.  Ochefu got minutes as a backup and looked like a backup for life.  No doubt Pinkston and Arch are very good but the balance of their players are just alright.   I think they'll be about the same as this year or worse.  It'll depend on how Arch is chucking 'em from 25' that night and he's just a 32% 3pg shooter to begin with. 

I was actually impressed by Ochefu. I think nova will be just fine next year. Hilliard and Arch developed great chemistry as the season went on. Pinkston might be the strongest player in the league and Bell is as good as it gets in terms of glue guys IMO.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #302 on: May 13, 2013, 02:04:55 PM »
Playing Columbia on Saturday, December 28th at Barclays.  Just announced by Barclays.  Part of a tripleheader

Poison

« Reply #303 on: May 13, 2013, 02:11:26 PM »
Playing Columbia on Saturday, December 28th at Barclays.  Just announced by Barclays.  Part of a tripleheader

St.John's vs Columbia. The storied rivalry continues.

« Reply #304 on: May 13, 2013, 02:16:20 PM »
We are the first game of that tripleheader.  There is absolutely no point in playing this game at Barclays.  Just more money I have to spend outside of season tickets to sit in a dead arena watching a blowout.

Moose

« Reply #305 on: May 13, 2013, 02:18:27 PM »
We are the first game of that tripleheader.  There is absolutely no point in playing this game at Barclays.  Just more money I have to spend outside of season tickets to sit in a dead arena watching a blowout.

Yeah doesn't seem so smart.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Poison

« Reply #306 on: May 13, 2013, 02:25:46 PM »

This will be one of those games that winds up on ScoreBig or Groupon for 50% off.

« Reply #307 on: May 13, 2013, 02:42:26 PM »

I was actually impressed by Ochefu. I think nova will be just fine next year. Hilliard and Arch developed great chemistry as the season went on. Pinkston might be the strongest player in the league and Bell is as good as it gets in terms of glue guys IMO.

Ochefu is a serviceable big man but he's going to have to be more than that as the only guy with size.  Pinkston's a beast on the Offensive end but as a rebounder Dom, Jakarr and of course Chris (whose rebounding everyone complained about most of the year) are as strong or stronger.  As I said they can go either way but I can't see many scenarios where they're a better all around team than STJ.

Poison

« Reply #308 on: May 13, 2013, 02:53:18 PM »

Ochefu is a serviceable big man but he's going to have to be more than that as the only guy with size.  Pinkston's a beast on the Offensive end but as a rebounder Dom, Jakarr and of course Chris (whose rebounding everyone complained about most of the year) are as strong or stronger.  As I said they can go either way but I can't see many scenarios where they're a better all around team than STJ.

On paper, right now, we're better. If our best players are all eligible and healthy we are more talented then them.

« Reply #309 on: May 13, 2013, 07:04:27 PM »

This will be one of those games that winds up on ScoreBig or Groupon for 50% off.

Hopefully, because face value for an upper level seat is currently 26 bucks.

Poison

« Reply #310 on: May 13, 2013, 08:35:04 PM »

Hopefully, because face value for an upper level seat is currently 26 bucks.

The upper level will be completely empty. Just be patient when they go in sale.

desco80

« Reply #311 on: May 13, 2013, 08:38:22 PM »

What are the other two games of the triple header?

« Reply #312 on: May 13, 2013, 08:39:18 PM »

K-State-Tulane and BC-VCU

bk8664

« Reply #313 on: May 13, 2013, 08:42:19 PM »

zzzzzzz.....  VCU might be interesting to watch, but for an unappreciative lout like myself, last year's head-line game at Barclays was much more interesting.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 10:08:06 PM by bk8664 »

« Reply #314 on: May 13, 2013, 09:07:08 PM »

zzzzzzz.....  VCU might be interesting to watch, but an unappreciative lout like myself, last year's head-line game at Barclays was much more interesting.

Yeah no way am I staying 3 hours after our game during the holiday season to watch VCU-BC.  Tripleheaders stink.

Moose

Remember who broke the Slice news

MCNPA

« Reply #319 on: May 13, 2013, 10:36:18 PM »
SJU vs Wisconsin is an awesome game, but South Dakota just weird.  Gonna be an interesting matchup in styles.  One deliberate half-court team vs one running team.   Mel Gibson and the militia vs Cornwallis.  Time to break out our tomahawk...