2013-2014 Schedule

• 909 replies

paultzman

Re: 2013-2014 Schedule
« Reply #160 on: April 20, 2013, 09:34:45 AM »

Poison

« Reply #161 on: April 20, 2013, 09:42:05 AM »
Are we playing any high majors other than SU?

sju89tr

« Reply #162 on: April 20, 2013, 12:06:04 PM »
Screw the RPI, it is an easy game for me and LJSA to attend  ;D

HA - i'm located in SF so I selfishly love the games out here too but come on man.  We looked awful last year at USF!!

Were you at the game? Come to the reception?

sju89tr

« Reply #163 on: April 20, 2013, 12:08:33 PM »

I guess a Fresno St. game over Thanksgiving is too much to ask for as well, huh? It's 45 minutes from my in-laws. ;D

Fresno State would be a 3 1/2 hour drive for me. I don't particularly like Fresno but it would be a good place to play.

« Reply #164 on: April 20, 2013, 12:17:24 PM »
I like playing a game or two out west, because it gives the guys a taste of what their schedule would be like if they had to travel for an NCAA game.

Otherwise we could get sent for a first round game 3 time zones away and it might throw the kids for a loop.   Let them get some experience with that.

Same here, also good for recruiting if we continue targeting west coast kids. Maybe we can go to USC seeing that we played FGCU last year

gman

« Reply #165 on: April 20, 2013, 12:41:21 PM »
I like playing a game or two out west, because it gives the guys a taste of what their schedule would be like if they had to travel for an NCAA game.

Otherwise we could get sent for a first round game 3 time zones away and it might throw the kids for a loop.   Let them get some experience with that.

Same here, also good for recruiting if we continue targeting west coast kids. Maybe we can go to USC seeing that we played FGCU last year

I would love a SoCal game since my brother loves Down there

« Reply #166 on: April 20, 2013, 01:11:10 PM »
Always nice to take a west coast vacation.  I'm definitely going to try and make Butler this year as well

crgreen

« Reply #167 on: April 20, 2013, 02:34:02 PM »

I guess a Fresno St. game over Thanksgiving is too much to ask for as well, huh? It's 45 minutes from my in-laws. ;D

Fresno State would be a 3 1/2 hour drive for me. I don't particularly like Fresno but it would be a good place to play.

Fresno State would be interesting.  We were looking for a True Big, and a true PG, and Fresno State (??!!) ended up with one of each of our "targets" (not top tier targets, but targets no less).  7'0  Robert Upshaw was a frosh this past year, and 5'10 Emmanuel Owootoah is an incoming frosh.  There's also a 3rd player we took a quick look at - combo guard Cezar Guerrero is coming onboard as a transfer from Oklahoma State.

Poison

« Reply #168 on: April 20, 2013, 07:13:09 PM »
Always nice to take a west coast vacation.  I'm definitely going to try and make Butler this year as well

Indiana? Really?

« Reply #169 on: April 20, 2013, 07:23:02 PM »
We get it.  Everywhere outside nyc is a hole. 

Poison

« Reply #170 on: April 20, 2013, 07:32:13 PM »

Right, but certainly not Indiana. You should go too. Go on a vacation to Indianapolis. Enjoy.

Moose

« Reply #171 on: April 20, 2013, 07:34:33 PM »

Right, but certainly not Indiana. You should go too. Go on a vacation to Indianapolis. Enjoy.

Its not a question of where can we go and watch hoops and sit on a beach with a fruity drink. 

Its watching a game at an iconic arena.  Plus Indiana has some great restaurants which I'm sure Maher will love.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #172 on: April 20, 2013, 07:43:06 PM »
St. Elmo's Steakhouse  in Indy is fantastic.

Poison

« Reply #173 on: April 20, 2013, 08:22:10 PM »

Its not a question of where can we go and watch hoops and sit on a beach with a fruity drink. 

Its watching a game at an iconic arena.  Plus Indiana has some great restaurants which I'm sure Maher will love.

So a New Yorker should go to Indiana for the restaurants? Okay then. As far as "iconic arena", we are not playing in Bloomington. That I get. THAT is an iconic place, and program. I love Butler, and I'm happy to have added them to this new conference, but to go there? No f'n way.

The idea is to get our students, alumni and general fans in buses to games @ Nova GT, Prov etc. It's a realistic way to we can make a difference.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 08:26:29 PM by Poison »

Moose

« Reply #174 on: April 20, 2013, 08:26:42 PM »

So a New Yorker should go to Indiana for the restaurants? Okay then. As far as "iconic arena", we are not playing in Bloomington. That I get. THAT is an iconic place, and program. I love Butler, and I'm happy to have added them to this new conference, but to go there? No f'n way.

You're saying Hinkle isn't an iconic building?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #175 on: April 20, 2013, 08:42:46 PM »

The idea is to get our students, alumni and general fans in buses to games @ Nova GT, Prov etc. It's a realistic way to we can make a difference.
I want to go to Hinkle but more importantly I like going to places I've never been to.

Heck I'd look forward to going to Creighton

sju89tr

« Reply #176 on: April 20, 2013, 09:03:39 PM »

I want to go to Hinkle but more importantly I like going to places I've never been to.

I really like Omaha.

Poison

« Reply #177 on: April 20, 2013, 09:30:03 PM »

I hear ya, and I appreciate your optimism. Still, I've been to Omaha. Stayed in a hotel across the street from the basketball arena. I guess I generally feel out of place when I'm surrounded by uneducated right wing republicans.

jr49

« Reply #178 on: April 20, 2013, 09:40:50 PM »
People live their whole lives to see Hackman coach at Butler. I heard that somewhere. Was Hack the real coach, or the one who liked a cocktail?

jr49

« Reply #179 on: April 20, 2013, 09:43:38 PM »
My post is three up. I gotta be more careful. I hate for someone to take the rap for my writing.