Virginia Game - Player of the Game

• 18 replies

desco80

Virginia Game - Player of the Game
« on: March 24, 2013, 01:34:07 PM »
Gotta be Jakarr or Phil right?   
Sampson got screwed with phantom foul calls that put him behind the 8ball early.   Still, he needs to learn to be able to stay on the court with foul troub.e

Greene played as well as anyone on our squad, he gets my vote.

Poison

Re: Virginia Game - Player of the Game
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 01:37:16 PM »
It's gotta go to the coach. Since we got blown out solely because he did a crap job this year. Enjoy California.

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 02:41:27 PM »
Sampson got screwed with phantom foul calls that put him behind the 8ball early.   Still, he needs to learn to be able to stay on the court with foul troub

Would you also say he played as poorly as anyone?

desco80

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 02:46:39 PM »
Sampson got screwed with phantom foul calls that put him behind the 8ball early.   Still, he needs to learn to be able to stay on the court with foul troub

haha, I don't know, I've been rough on Phil before, but he wasn't awful today.   I don't know if I can say the same thing for Branch, for Marco, for Jones, Amir etc. 

Moose

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 03:17:46 PM »

haha, I don't know, I've been rough on Phil before, but he wasn't awful today.   I don't know if I can say the same thing for Branch, for Marco, for Jones, Amir etc. 

The team on the court PH (Post Harrison)- I'd say Phil might be the only tough guy on the court besides Obekpa. 
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 03:33:12 PM »
 My answer: none of the above.

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 03:46:07 PM »
In little league if we won you ran to the oce cream place near the ballfields after the game because we got ice cream and someone was getting a game ball and sprinkles on their cone.

You lose and you go home hungry.

For me no game ball or player of the game when you lose and definitely no ice cream

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 10:49:32 PM »
This is getting repetitive.  The trapezoid is yet once again the best player on the floor for us.  Mean Joe silencing the haters down the stretch repeatedly.  Far and away a better guard than fan favorite the Aggie and nobody can any longer argue otherwise. 

Poison

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 10:51:26 PM »
This is getting repetitive.  The trapezoid is yet once again the best player on the floor for us.  Mean Joe silencing the haters down the stretch repeatedly.  Far and away a better guard than fan favorite the Aggie and nobody can any longer argue otherwise. 

The Aggie isn't very good. Greene has played well overall. Definite improvement. Still, he's not a PG, and he's not a shooting guard - yet.

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 10:52:16 PM »

Agreed. That's not saying much, but I agree.

redslope

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2013, 11:21:58 PM »
Nadirah McKinneth--point guard for the women; she was one rebound short of a triple double and team fell apart when she fouled out

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 12:07:38 AM »
Phil greene has been better at scoring the rock lately but if you get 36 minutes a night you have to contribute in other areas. Besides his 18 points Phil only had 1 assist. Not ONE rebound, a steal or a block. That shouldnt be possible in a game which had over 60 misses! And I voted for Phil fwiw
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2013, 01:32:03 AM »
I hope Phil Greene watches the film on this game and really pays attention. When he decides to drive the ball and absorb contact he makes plays. Too many times he takes rushed deep shots when he should attack.

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2013, 09:04:29 AM »
I'm afraid in that game the real competition is for who was the least valuable player.

Poison

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2013, 11:13:58 AM »
I hope Phil Greene watches the film on this game and really pays attention. When he decides to drive the ball and absorb contact he makes plays. Too many times he takes rushed deep shots when he should attack.

It's true. The same goes for Branch. When you get into the lane, you can make plays. A good coach would be encouraging that more.

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2013, 01:57:06 PM »

It's true. The same goes for Branch. When you get into the lane, you can make plays. A good coach would be encouraging that more.

I'm concerned about Branch's handle when he penetrates. It's too high a dribble and he doesn't seem to have full control of the ball. I hope someone shows him how to keep it closer to the torso and have better control of it. Some defenders have wised up to this and attack him from the rear to pick his pocket.

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2013, 11:33:00 AM »
The Aggie really had two seasons - pre and post knee injury.  He was playing well before the injury.  Was showing a real ability to score and setup although turnovers were a problem.  Was terrible after the injury.  Even after it appeared that he was moving better?  Hard
to explain.  Hopefully he returns next year playing as he did early on.

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2013, 11:40:55 AM »
The Aggie really had two seasons - pre and post knee injury.  He was playing well before the injury.  Was showing a real ability to score and setup although turnovers were a problem.  Was terrible after the injury.  Even after it appeared that he was moving better?  Hard
to explain.  Hopefully he returns next year playing as he did early on.

He stopped shooting. Before the injury he had a pretty decent jumpshot from inside the arc. After the injury, he stopped shooting, even when he was open.

jr49

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2013, 03:21:10 PM »
I hold out up, but a real point guard might not be an option here next year. I hope Harrison is back, but for him the point is out. He shouted it out, I'm not the guy to play the point. His extra energy can be used to shrink the passing lanes, get a few boardsplay shutdown with the guy he's guarding. He does that we all fall back in love with him. I would love to see Phil and Brance play to the death for the PG spot. Betting on Phil. If we as good as we hope up front, Dom might play the 2. Be great for him to take to that job. I might have a case of the hopsies, but maybe next year we be good.

The Aggie isn't very good. Greene has played well overall. Definite improvement. Still, he's not a PG, and he's not a shooting guard - yet.