Max hooper

• 115 replies

bk8664

Re: Max hooper
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2013, 09:56:48 PM »
I'll leave the comparisons to Lav ;)

Touche! Well played my friend, well played.

jr49

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2013, 10:04:29 PM »
yeah, but can he hit his free throws
If he can get to the line, it would be great. We never here about if he puts it on the floor and makes it to the rim. We got a bunch of kids going to be better, Phil too, and Max getting all the pub.

Moose

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2013, 10:09:59 PM »
yeah, but can he hit his free throws
If he can get to the line, it would be great. We never here about if he puts it on the floor and makes it to the rim. We got a bunch of kids going to be better, Phil too, and Max getting all the pub.

Problem is we never get to the line.
Remember who broke the Slice news

crgreen

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2013, 10:25:51 PM »
One trick pony.     But it's a heckuva trick.  :)

Marillac

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2013, 10:45:06 PM »
You'd be hard pressed  to slide a piece of paper under him when he "jumps." I don't think the release is low at all.  Tough to close out on tall kids.  Hoping he can do the same coming off a screen.

Moose

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2013, 10:50:04 PM »
You'd be hard pressed  to slide a piece of paper under him when he "jumps." I don't think the release is low at all.  Tough to close out on tall kids.  Hoping he can do the same coming off a screen.

Love the analogy :) 

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2013, 12:52:17 AM »
If there's anything that can be very deceiving it's seeing a guy shoot open 3's practicing. I remember at midnight madness Marco was in the contest and he made nearly everything with no one defending him. It's totally different when in a game being guarded and having to get open. Hell, I can heat up from 3 at a gym too...not like Hooper obviously but I would look way better once I get in my groove from 3 shooting around than in an actual game. Let's see him make these shots with hands in his face or in clutch moments. I hope this kid is the real deal, but the fact that he couldn't even play for Harvard makes me worry. It looks like a fairly quick release, but it's very low. Might be susceptible to blocked shots.

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2013, 01:02:19 AM »
If there's anything that can be very deceiving it's seeing a guy shoot open 3's practicing. I remember at midnight madness Marco was in the contest and he made nearly everything with no one defending him. It's totally different when in a game being guarded and having to get open. Hell, I can heat up from 3 at a gym too...not like Hooper obviously but I would look way better once I get in my groove from 3 shooting around than in an actual game. Let's see him make these shots with hands in his face or in clutch moments. I hope this kid is the real deal, but the fact that he couldn't even play for Harvard makes me worry. It looks like a fairly quick release, but it's very low. Might be susceptible to blocked shots.

He has an extremely high release.  The camera angle makes it look low. 

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2013, 08:50:24 AM »
Prediction.
He gets sporadic minutes early as we struggle to shoot from the outside. He finally gets some minutes in a blowout and knocks down a couple threes. People beg for Lavin to play him, yet he still only gets sporadic minutes as Greene plays 37 minutes and shoots 37% from the field. Lavin finally plays him and he struggles and everyone declares that Hooper stinks.

paultzman

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2013, 08:52:40 AM »
Prediction.
He gets sporadic minutes early as we struggle to shoot from the outside. He finally gets some minutes in a blowout and knocks down a couple threes. People beg for Lavin to play him, yet he still only gets sporadic minutes as Greene plays 37 minutes and shoots 37% from the field. Lavin finally plays him and he struggles and everyone declares that Hooper stinks.

American remake of a "French" film?

« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2013, 10:42:45 AM »
No defender. Empty gym. Same spot. All tru.

But one thing that should impress: Hittin at that clip in 5 minutes takes mad stamina.

Many good shooters would start clankin from 4 min on at that pace.

Just sayin.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

crgreen

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2013, 11:35:56 AM »

But one thing that should impress: Hittin at that clip in 5 minutes takes mad stamina.

Just sayin.

Was thinking the same thing, watching some of these "three point shooting contests" with the absoulte best shooters in college, as well as the pros on All Star weekend.    Watching them start to clank ball after ball after the first 20 shots or so (usually 45-50 seconds!), and bombing out completely  in the 2d or 3rd round after  only 2 or 3 minutes of combined shooting.   And we're talking THE BEST in the business.

As I said - one trick pony, but heckuva trick.

sju89tr

« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2013, 12:02:35 PM »

Just sayin.

The main difference between Max and Marco is that Max really wants to be a great basketball player. I think Marco likes playing basketball.

Similar dudes in terms of athletic ability but Max is a smart BB player

Moose

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2013, 12:04:03 PM »

Just sayin.

The main difference between Max and Marco is that Max really wants to be a great basketball player. I think Marco likes playing basketball.

Similar dudes in terms of athletic ability but Max is a smart BB player

Marco is a smart player too though.

* Then again the bar to compare is pretty low ;)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 12:04:42 PM by Moose »

paultzman

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2013, 12:05:44 PM »
At best a 10 to 15 minute situational guy?

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2013, 12:56:21 PM »
At best a 10 to 15 minute situational guy?

Not that there's anything wrong with that . . .

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2013, 01:02:24 PM »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

paultzman

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2013, 01:06:40 PM »
Max must be a marketing major. These clips are popular in North Korea. Yikes!

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2013, 01:13:56 PM »
Prediction.

deja vu   ;)

DFF6

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2013, 01:15:11 PM »
In this clip, his release looks pretty high, but he's not the fleetest of foot.