Max hooper

• 115 replies

paultzman

Re: Max hooper
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2013, 10:03:26 AM »
Imo, Max will have marginal value on the court, but gave staff the targeted dividend getting him. His presence helped keep Sampson around. Not sole reason, but contributing factor in my view.

DFF6

« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2013, 10:07:48 AM »
Imo, Max will have marginal value on the court, but gave staff the targeted dividend getting him. His presence helped keep Sampson around. Not sole reason, but contributing factor in my view.

+1

« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2013, 10:19:11 AM »
if he can play the role that we expected marco to play this year, he will be a valued contributor.  doesnt have to play more than 10 mpg to help.  there are worse 9th or 10th men out there

Moose

« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2013, 10:20:39 AM »
if he can play the role that we expected marco to play this year, he will be a valued contributor.  doesnt have to play more than 10 mpg to help.  there are worse 9th or 10th men out there

10 is the magic #.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2013, 10:55:24 AM »

Yep, and spread the defense. If they have to always mark him beyond the arc, and dlo, and then we have two guys that can score inside (Karr and Orlando) it will be pretty difficult to defend us I imagine

« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2013, 01:42:34 PM »

« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2013, 02:07:46 PM »

If you play him just 5 minutes, you could potentially get 218 pts. out of him.  We should go undefeated.   ;D

« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2013, 02:09:35 PM »

If you play him just 5 minutes, you could potentially get 218 pts. out of him.  We should go undefeated.   ;D

Shouldn't that be 327?  He was shooting from behind the arc.

« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2013, 02:10:56 PM »

Shouldn't that be 327?  He was shooting from behind the arc.

Oops. Now you know why I left Harvard for St. John's.

Marillac

« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2013, 07:42:07 PM »

Where was Sampson going?  The only place Sampson is considered a draftable player this year is on our fansites.  I think he's a future first-rounder, but he has A LOT to prove. 

paultzman

« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2013, 07:46:30 PM »

Where was Sampson going?  The only place Sampson is considered a draftable player this year is on our fansites.  I think he's a future first-rounder, but he has A LOT to prove. 

A year ago who knew? Has nothing to do with now.

paultzman

« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2013, 11:38:26 AM »
Funny!
“@STJ_Basketball: No way that's you! #stjbb RT @maxthehooper: TBT no caption necessary http://twitter.com/maxthehooper/status/324909124850700288/photo/1

crgreen

« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2013, 01:34:54 PM »

Unfortunately, it's been a long time since stuff being "proved" in college had any relationship at all to most NBA draft day decisions.

« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2013, 02:12:08 PM »
I'm expecting exactly nothing from Hooper so I can be pleasantly surprised.  :uglystupid2:

tnice

« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2013, 02:23:20 PM »

Agreed 100% Hooper's greatest value to STJ next year will be playing the other teams shooter on the "scout team" in practice. Unless someone gets hurt, no way he's in the rotation. Maybe he gets in a few games as an instant offense longshot, but that's it.

« Reply #75 on: April 18, 2013, 03:39:30 PM »
I'm expecting exactly nothing from Hooper so I can be pleasantly surprised.  :uglystupid2:

What happened to him being a Archiadacano clone? ;)
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #76 on: April 18, 2013, 04:19:39 PM »
Nothing we do will ever match the greatness of Nova according to Joe

« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2013, 06:32:31 PM »

They have been lightyears ahead of us for a decade now. Just admit it. This coming season is the one where we need to finally live up to wild expectation.

boo3

« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2013, 07:40:31 PM »

They have been lightyears ahead of us for a decade now. Just admit it. This coming season is the one where we need to finally live up to wild expectation.

Since when are we in this blood thirty rivalry with Villanova?   Following STJ for 25 years and honestly I never looked at Villanova as a hated rival.  G'town, Cuse, Uconn, yes... Nova?  eh..
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 07:40:56 PM by boo3 »

Poison

« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2013, 08:10:31 PM »

Kid appears to be a hard worker. Marco needed to be our zone buster last year. He wasn't. Hooper gets his chance now. Even if RJ is thd goods, we'll need someone to hit threes off thd bench, or DLo will just be denied outside shots for the entire game.

With Jordan on the court, we'll have a guy who can get our shooters open looks. As far as Marco is concerned, he needs to get stronger, tougher, and he needs to play organized basketball all summer. He was totally unprepared for this season.