Amir is leaving st. john's

• 271 replies
Re: Amir is leaving st. john;s
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2013, 10:12:40 PM »
well we know he isnt going to rutgers

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2013, 10:12:48 PM »
Surprised he is going somewhere else in the fall. He must really enjoy bball over baseball.

yeah, but now he has to sit out an entire season...

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2013, 10:14:19 PM »
Amir thanks for giving it your all for us, you busted your but to get the grades and made it here when most would of taken the money from baseball and left. We won't forget that good luck in baseball and where ever you land.

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2013, 10:14:27 PM »
amir garrett ‏@Amir_Garrett 32s
As of now I'm playing baseball, but I plan on being at another program  in the fall.

Now that's surprising.

Agreed.  That is the REAL surprising part.

Prolly a mid major with lots of PT available.

Full roster here and no summer workouts for him leaves him on the outside.

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2013, 10:14:32 PM »
As of now I'm playing baseball, but I plan on being at another program  in the fall.

Now that's surprising.
Lav had to tell him he could not count on being in rotation next year. Kid had other options which Lav would not want him to miss out on.

His real option is getting to the majors and developing a slider for the Reds.  I don't know what he's doing missing out on at least 2 more spring trainings/early seasons/late seasons by transferring.

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2013, 10:16:18 PM »
Two potential destinations that stick out to me are Cincy and USC.

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2013, 10:17:06 PM »

Now that's surprising.
Lav had to tell him he could not count on being in rotation next year. Kid had other options which Lav would not want him to miss out on.

His real option is getting to the majors and developing a slider for the Reds.  I don't know what he's doing missing out on at least 2 more spring trainings/early seasons/late seasons by transferring.

This. It's pretty clear the MLB is his best shot to make the pros in any sport. You'd think he'd go full out for that.

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2013, 10:17:52 PM »
Very interesting, because everything I read was that he and Lavs had a great rel'ship.  Maybe they still do, and this was an instance of Lav telling him that it was better for him to go to another program if he wanted to play hoops.  If he has to sit out a year, my guess is that he never plays college hoops again, especially if he shows improvement on the mound.

I loved Amir's hustle, but don't think it is a big loss by any stretch.  He regressed between his freshman and sophomore year, and I don't think he was going to get much time with everyone we have coming back next year who can play the 3-5.

Moose

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2013, 10:18:40 PM »
Never a dull moment.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2013, 10:19:09 PM »
Two potential destinations that stick out to me are Cincy and USC.

UNLV.  Has friends there and i believe a lady friend...

Poison

« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2013, 10:21:09 PM »
So Dom Pointer and Phil Greene. Is that all that's left from our #2 ranked class?
Stop. He was expandable. Plus jakarr and dangelo back

I think you mean expendable. Still, I really liked his heart. And I like continuity. We are not that far off from being a young team again next year. Harrison isn't back, yet, and we have no definitive word that Jakarr won't pop for the league.

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2013, 10:22:21 PM »
hopefully his minutes go to CJ.

Sad to see him go, he was a great energy guy.

Who thinks the defections stop here?

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2013, 10:22:36 PM »
So Dom Pointer and Phil Greene. Is that all that's left from our #2 ranked class?

I think you mean expendable. Still, I really liked his heart. And I like continuity. We are not that far off from being a young team again next year. Harrison isn't back, yet, and we have no definitive word that Jakarr won't pop for the league.

Gift easily replaces Amir.  And i think Jones will be much improved next year.

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2013, 10:26:38 PM »
Sad to see him go, but his minutes dwindled as the season progressed

And with Sanchez and God's Gift in the fold next season, I think it's fair to say he wasn't going to see the court a ton

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2013, 10:27:34 PM »
Best of luck to him. Like the way he hustled out there. Hope this means we get Rysheed and he was more forced out, but it could just mean that we are adding Orlando Sanchez & God's Gift to the rotation and with Pointer, Jakarr and Obekpa already ahead of him not much playing time here.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 10:30:18 PM by Save The Hero »

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2013, 10:27:59 PM »

Now that's surprising.

Ahem

Poison

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2013, 10:31:14 PM »

Easily? Garrett replaced Gift last year in the starting line up.

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2013, 10:31:44 PM »

Now that's surprising.

Ahem

Out West preferably.... LOL!

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2013, 10:32:11 PM »
How crazy would be with Pelle and Garret in the same front court at a mid major?

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2013, 10:33:01 PM »

Easily? Garrett replaced Gift last year in the starting line up.

forget what he did his freshmen year. Amir stunk it up this year. If anything, based on what Amir did this year, it's pretty much a wash.