• 271 replies
Re: Amir is leaving st. john;s
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2013, 10:33:59 PM »
Never a dull moment.

Never... And yet this is the healthiest the program has been in over a decade

Marillac

« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2013, 10:37:49 PM »
Good move...not surprised at all.  I love this kid's potential on the hardwood, but Lavin clearly favors athletes like Dom over him.

I'd love to see him go to a school like Butler and develop his all-around game.

« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2013, 10:40:11 PM »
So Dom Pointer and Phil Greene. Is that all that's left from our #2 ranked class?
Stop. He was expandable. Plus jakarr and dangelo back

I think you mean expendable. Still, I really liked his heart. And I like continuity. We are not that far off from being a young team again next year. Harrison isn't back, yet, and we have no definitive word that Jakarr won't pop for the league.
Yes. Obviously meant expendable. When the definitive word comes in, will you agree that Amir has little chance at a signature role on this team?

bk8664

« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2013, 10:40:22 PM »
Never a dull moment.

Never... And yet this is the healthiest the program has been in over a decade

...and provides endless entertainment for us. 

« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2013, 10:40:24 PM »
Good move...not surprised at all.  I love this kid's potential on the hardwood, but Lavin clearly favors athletes like Dom over him.

does our new league have inter league transfer rules ?

bk8664

« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2013, 10:41:56 PM »

Does the new league have any rules yet?

Tiznow

« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2013, 10:44:36 PM »

Does the new league have any rules yet?

I hear the first rule is to ban message boards.

« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2013, 10:45:42 PM »

You mean intra-league.... Lol

Dom is a great example of off season workouts and what they can do and in the case of Amir what the lack of can do as well.  Strength ball handling etc.

« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2013, 10:45:47 PM »
There should be no outrage or panic here. We all loved Amir's dedication last fall after the Rise nonsense and appreciated his hustle on the court. But he was certifiably bad at key moments in important games this year. To me, it was obvious that there was not a big role for him going forward. I wish him well, as he seems to be a nice kid and was a great representative of the university during his tenure.

« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2013, 10:49:05 PM »

You mean intra-league.... Lol

still soaking in the met win yesterday has baseball on my mind not to mention math was my strong suit not english. lol

Moose

« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2013, 10:49:29 PM »
There should be no outrage or panic here. We all loved Amir's dedication last fall after the Rise nonsense and appreciated his hustle on the court. But he was certifiably bad at key moments in important games this year. To me, it was obvious that there was not a big role for him going forward. I wish him well, as he seems to be a nice kid and was a great representative of the university during his tenure.

The only panic if you wish to call it that is I am not a fan of the revolving door.  Remember everyone talked about having grizzled 4 yr players from that initial class.  Poison made the point that right now Dom and Phil are 'technically the only ones' who will see 4 yrs.  Dee 'could' if he get back to the good graces.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Tiznow

« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2013, 10:53:12 PM »
So Dom Pointer and Phil Greene. Is that all that's left from our #2 ranked class?

Harrison is going to classes. 

Poison

« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2013, 10:54:57 PM »

I think you mean expendable. Still, I really liked his heart. And I like continuity. We are not that far off from being a young team again next year. Harrison isn't back, yet, and we have no definitive word that Jakarr won't pop for the league.
Yes. Obviously meant expendable. When the definitive word comes in, will you agree that Amir has little chance at a signature role on this team?

Yea, I agree, but it bothers me that we are always in transition. There is less continuity than there should be.

Tiznow

« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2013, 10:57:42 PM »

Yea, I agree, but it bothers me that we are always in transition. There is less continuity than there should be.

I miss the continuity of the Norm years.

Chilleb

« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2013, 10:58:02 PM »
More ships to play with? Like Amir more than Phil by I'm not sure how to feel about a junior Amir garret vs soph Felix

redslope

« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2013, 10:58:31 PM »
Good luck lefty--with the possibiity of sitting out one year you could really give BB a full shot now with playing in Arizona fall league after this season's minor league is over.  Heck maybe even try Carribean winter ball if the Reds OK it.   You can't teach lefty 95 mph fastballs-something any team would love to find.

Poison

« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2013, 11:03:20 PM »

I miss the continuity of the Norm years.

What continuity was that?

« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2013, 11:05:07 PM »
More ships to play with? Like Amir more than Phil by I'm not sure how to feel about a junior Amir garret vs soph Felix

I have to disagree with Amir over Phil. Though his confidence was misguided at times, Phil is a confident ballplayer. Toward the end of the year he began to realize where his shot's are and went with it.

Sad to see Amir go, seemed like a good guy who gave it his all. Pretty good rebounder too.

Poison

« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2013, 11:08:01 PM »

I have to disagree with Amir over Phil. Though his confidence was misguided at times, Phil is a confident ballplayer. Toward the end of the year he began to realize where his shot's are and went with it.

Sad to see Amir go, seemed like a good guy who gave it his all. Pretty good rebounder too.

Two guys who don't have a natural position. Both did what they could. With Dom and Jakarr there were less opportunities for Garrett. Still, I really like the guy, and I find this upsetting if only because it really likes Lavin doesn't have a plan in terms of recruiting.

paultzman

« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2013, 11:09:17 PM »

I'm with you Poison.