Amir is leaving st. john's

• 271 replies
Re: Amir is leaving st. john's
« Reply #160 on: April 04, 2013, 11:41:55 AM »
So he's leaving for another program?  Yikes Lavin cannot keep players at all.

Just a quick look:
Polee - gone
Harkless - one and done
Lindsey - gone
Harrison - who knows?
Pelle - never showed
Sanchez - one and done
GG - red shirt, now one and done
Garrett - gone
Sampson - one and done now?
Obekpa - one and done now?
WHAT's LEFT?
Pointer - thank God
Greene - limited value
Branch - limited value
Marco - very limited value Leaving soon
Jones - might have upside
Balamou - might have upside
Hooper - who knows?
Pretty bleak really compared to Norm's DJ, Horne, Brownlee, Evans, Burrell. the Maliks
and Q. Roberts.

This is a joke?

On another note, everyone is right about Sampson, he'll never be a huge star. If only he were transferring instead of Amir...not.

No joke. Geez How could I forget Hardy.  Anyway Norm's team would demolish any combination of Lavin's.

You have to compare our current team with that group when they were sophomores. This team won 8 Big east games, that team won 6 Big East games but routinely got blown out. That team lost in the first round of the CBI, this team won their first NIT game. Your theory makes 0 sense

paultzman

« Reply #161 on: April 04, 2013, 11:42:37 AM »
Again, Amir announcement by SJU? Waiting for other info? Strange, unless I missed it.

« Reply #162 on: April 04, 2013, 11:49:41 AM »
Post's like that one -- with agenda's and without any grasp of objectivity or reality -- is going to make this board unreadable a la what certain folks have made redmen.com the last few months

redslope

« Reply #163 on: April 04, 2013, 11:59:00 AM »

Just a quick look:
Polee - gone
Harkless - one and done
Lindsey - gone
Harrison - who knows?
Pelle - never showed
Sanchez - one and done
Garrett - gone
WHAT's LEFT?
Pointer - thank God
Greene - limited value
Branch - limited value
Hooper - who knows?
Pretty bleak really compared to Norm's DJ, Horne, Brownlee, Evans, Burrell. the Maliks
and Q. Roberts.

This is a joke?

On another note, everyone is right about Sampson, he'll never be a huge star. If only he were transferring instead of Amir...not.

No joke. Geez How could I forget Hardy.  Anyway Norm's team would demolish any combination of Lavin's.

with Norm coaching them ;D.  there is a reason they stayed 4 years--nobody wanted them and those that left with Lavin in charge did not step up or swithch to a conference of equal strength.  don't point out Omar at KState with his minutes and stats which were few and far between

« Reply #164 on: April 04, 2013, 12:00:24 PM »

Just a quick look:
Polee - gone
Harkless - one and done
Lindsey - gone
Harrison - who knows?
Pelle - never showed
Sanchez - one and done
Garrett - gone
WHAT's LEFT?
Pointer - thank God
Greene - limited value
Branch - limited value
Hooper - who knows?
and Q. Roberts.

This is a joke?

You have to compare our current team with that group when they were sophomores. This team won 8 Big east games, that team won 6 Big East games but routinely got blown out. That team lost in the first round of the CBI, this team won their first NIT game. Your theory makes 0 sense
Our current team projected through their senior year wouldn't stand a chance against Norm's.  The whole point which you obviously missed is that they stayed with the program while Lavin's haven't.  Take your 0 sense statement and wait two years and see what's left of Lavin's magic class.  Then compare the 2013 and 2014 teams with 2010.

Tha Kid

« Reply #165 on: April 04, 2013, 12:01:17 PM »

Just a quick look:
Polee - gone
Harkless - one and done
Lindsey - gone
Harrison - who knows?
Pelle - never showed
Sanchez - one and done
Garrett - gone
WHAT's LEFT?
Pointer - thank God
Greene - limited value
Branch - limited value
Hooper - who knows?
and Q. Roberts.

This is a joke?

Our current team projected through their senior year wouldn't stand a chance against Norm's.  The whole point which you obviously missed is that they stayed with the program while Lavin's haven't.  Take your 0 sense statement and wait two years and see what's left of Lavin's magic class.  Then compare the 2013 and 2014 teams with 2010.

You realize if Norm had coached that team when they were seniors they would have went 17-14 and made the NIT, right?
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #166 on: April 04, 2013, 12:05:48 PM »
Post's like that one -- with agenda's and without any grasp of objectivity or reality -- is going to make this board unreadable a la what certain folks have made redmen.com the last few months
Sometimes facts suck.  Show me where I abused objectivity and/or reality.  And, oh yeah sometimes reality sucks too.  You need a stomach to follow SJU.  Get some Rolaids and hang in there.

« Reply #167 on: April 04, 2013, 12:10:51 PM »

Just a quick look:
Polee - gone
Harkless - one and done
Lindsey - gone
Harrison - who knows?
Pelle - never showed
Sanchez - one and done
Garrett - gone
WHAT's LEFT?
Pointer - thank God
Greene - limited value
Branch - limited value
Hooper - who knows?
and Q. Roberts.

This is a joke?

You realize if Norm had coached that team when they were seniors they would have went 17-14 and made the NIT, right?

I'm not so sure about that any more.  Anyway, would he have still been fired for that?  If so will Steve be fired for doing worse this year?

« Reply #168 on: April 04, 2013, 12:13:18 PM »

Just a quick look:
Polee - gone
Harkless - one and done
Lindsey - gone
Harrison - who knows?
Pelle - never showed
Sanchez - one and done
Garrett - gone
WHAT's LEFT?
Pointer - thank God
Greene - limited value
Branch - limited value
Hooper - who knows?
and Q. Roberts.

This is a joke?

Again what evidence do you have to support this claim? This core has progressed faster then that group, why should we believe they wont be better in 2 years?

« Reply #169 on: April 04, 2013, 12:22:06 PM »
IMO, we aren't losing that much productivity on the court. What we are losing is a very hard working kid, who had determination and was a good representative of the University and the program.

From on offensive standpoint, I think we can all agree CJ has more upside and I really hope he sticks around to see some more minutes. On the defensive end, Amir went after rebounds harder than just about anyone, and that will be missed. With Orlando, Gift, Jakarr and Obekpa rebounding for us next year, I think they could potential fill that gap and we may not miss him much on that end.

I just hope we don't lose anyone else.....

tnice

« Reply #170 on: April 04, 2013, 12:36:27 PM »
Sometimes facts suck.  Show me where I abused objectivity and/or reality. 

Well, for starters you stated GG is one and done which is not a fact.

Then you made three statements folllowed by question marks, which would lead one to believe that those three outcomes are not settled, ergo not in fact, facts.

In fact, all three of the outcomes you followed with question marks seem to have facts which support the opposite conclusion- DLo staying enrolled in classes despite his suspension, Lavin and JaKarr both indicating JKS will be back next season, no one on planet earth except you thinking Obekpa is going anywhere (that's an actual fact, I spoke to every person on earth and it's unanimous).

If we were to list all the other examples of your lack of objectivity or grasp on reality it would crash the server. 

« Reply #171 on: April 04, 2013, 01:00:02 PM »
Norm's team vs Lavin's team. I like it!

Norm's lineup:
C Lamont Hamilton
F Kennedy
F Mase
G Hill
G Geno
Norm did not play Hardy or Brownlee enough so they do not count

Lavin
F Harkless
F Sampson
F Kennedy
G Hardy
G Greene

Lavin team wins 78-58. Hardy would have the ball so Greene would just run around in a circle instead of dribbling in a circle. Mase would get hurt trying to chase Greene around the circle forcing Norm to sub in Phil Missere instead of Brownlee. Geno shoots 3-13 with 4 TO's. Hardy scores 30.
Norm's Kennedy outplays Lavin's Kennedy. Thrill gets hurt and Norm plays Paris Horne over Hardy despite the fact that Lavin's Hardy is killing him. Lamont Hamilton scores 20 with 8 boards yet people on Redmen boards still complain about him. Larry Wright comes off Norm's bench and hits two 3's in 2 minutes of PT. Greene shoots 0-6 as does Avery patterson off Norm's bench making Carmine's two favorite players a combined 0-12. Lavin's Sean Evans fights Norm's Sean Evans and they both miss the technical foul shots. Harkless grabs 15 rebounds to go with 14 points.
After the game Norm gives Lavin credit for winning with his players and then he and Lavin fight over whose team is younger.

« Reply #172 on: April 04, 2013, 01:02:06 PM »
Show me where I abused objectivity and/or reality.

Your entire post lacked objectivity and/or reality.

« Reply #173 on: April 04, 2013, 01:27:11 PM »
Correct.

SJUFAN

« Reply #174 on: April 04, 2013, 01:27:59 PM »

Just a quick look:
Polee - gone
Harkless - one and done
Lindsey - gone
Harrison - who knows?
Pelle - never showed
Sanchez - one and done
Garrett - gone
WHAT's LEFT?
Pointer - thank God
Greene - limited value
Branch - limited value
Hooper - who knows?
and Q. Roberts.

This is a joke?

So the fact that Harkless and likely Sampson, doesn't stay four years and leave early for the NBA is a negative against Lavin? Shame on Lavin for bringing in NBA talent.

ras

« Reply #175 on: April 04, 2013, 01:31:50 PM »

Just a quick look:
Polee - gone
Harkless - one and done
Lindsey - gone
Harrison - who knows?
Pelle - never showed
Sanchez - one and done
Garrett - gone
WHAT's LEFT?
Pointer - thank God
Greene - limited value
Branch - limited value
Hooper - who knows?
and Q. Roberts.

This is a joke?

So the fact that Harkless and likely Sampson, doesn't stay four years and leave early for the NBA is a negative against Lavin? Shame on Lavin for bringing in NBA talent.
With that logic Calipari is doing a horrible job at Kentucky. Too much turnover.

SJUFAN

« Reply #176 on: April 04, 2013, 01:36:51 PM »
I'm not so sure about that any more.  Anyway, would he have still been fired for that?  If so will Steve be fired for doing worse this year?

So you believe Norm's accomplishment in his 8-9th year (no NCAA bid) is comparable to Lavin's 2nd-3rd year (with already both a NCAA and NIT bid). Is that rational?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 01:39:16 PM by STJFAN »

« Reply #177 on: April 04, 2013, 01:44:26 PM »
I'm with tony. Sampson I think has great potetial to be a number two guy but he doesn't create we'll enough for himself or others to be a number one option on a really good team. Unless that team is full of a bunch of 10-14 ppg scorers similar to a Marquette team.

. . . as a freshman.

This thread borders between ludicrous and depraved.  Thanks for the laughs.

« Reply #178 on: April 04, 2013, 01:46:13 PM »
I'm with tony. Sampson I think has great potetial to be a number two guy but he doesn't create we'll enough for himself or others to be a number one option on a really good team. Unless that team is full of a bunch of 10-14 ppg scorers similar to a Marquette team.

. . . as a freshman.

Nothing wrong with being a great number two guy. Just my opinion, nothin more.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #179 on: April 04, 2013, 01:53:28 PM »

. . . as a freshman.

Nothing wrong with being a great number two guy. Just my opinion, nothin more.

In the college game its ruled by guards so its easy to say 18 and 9 looks like a number two only because he can't control the game like a guard.  Doesn't mean he's not going to be the most important player on his team if he progresses.  He certainly has Moe like potential.  Was he a #2?